Started by ForeverZer0, March 24, 2010, 04:07:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LiTTleDRAgo

ups, bad naming :P
I should've named it auto_resize or something

oh well, my english was kinda bad that time XD

Heretic86

Quote from: koktengri on August 20, 2016, 09:30:20 pm
Version 1.6. has this auto shrink feature which I also want.

This is the feature/reason I want to update my old 1.5 to 1.6

But I hate the chrono tirgger style talk system where you need to go away from the NPC in order to shut down the conversation. I just want the conversation to end with pressing enter.
Isnt there a function/Command how to disable this? Man, it is so annoyning. There so many functions for the scriot but they completly forgot to add this.

I believe the Resize feature is available in this version as well:

Quotemessage.autoresize = true / false

One feature not available in this version that I did implement was a "Maximum Distance" so when you walk away from an NPC while talking, the Message Window will close if you are more than X tiles away.

Quoteset_max_dist(2)

The above example allows the player to move about a bit, but when they move more than 2 tiles away, the message auto closes.

NOTE:  That feature is not available in this build.  I havent seen Wachunga update anything in quite a while and believe he may have retired from scripting from RPG Maker, which is where our variant branches of MMW came from in the first place.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

LiTTleDRAgo

lol.... I remember why I named it auto_shrink
because I created that function to make the window shrink to only shows one line, and gradually enlarge until shows all the message. XD

btw, I fixed the repeating problem and renewed the demo
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11299.0.html

koktengri

Okay, thanks its like how I wanted it.

Btw: Will this script make problems if I dont have Blitzabbs?
Because I use side view fighting systems (ATOAS ACBS)
The only reason I wanted to update was because of the autoshrink function and the name and faceset function which was new

LiTTleDRAgo

no problem, you can delete the blizz abs patch if not using it

I dunno about atoa's acbs as I didn't really familiar with that script
but I think there is no problem, although you need to expect one or two bugs when talking in battle...

koktengri

Oh I have 2 question still left.
Why doesnt letter by letter work with  auto shrink feature? I turned letter by letter on with scrpt call message.letter_by_letter = true
but its not working.

Also:
Do I only need the Multiple Message Windows script for the script to work?

Thanks.

LiTTleDRAgo

you should've posted in the MMW Ex thread (since you talked about Ex version)...
my thread is too pitiful, desolate with no one posting there at all...

Quote from: koktengri on August 28, 2016, 11:30:55 pm
Oh I have 2 question still left.
Why doesnt letter by letter work with  auto shrink feature? I turned letter by letter on with scrpt call message.letter_by_letter = true
but its not working.

Also:
Do I only need the Multiple Message Windows script for the script to work?

Thanks.

1. That feature is kinda bugged and did not go well with some of other feature,
it kinda turned weird when turned on with letter_by_letter, so sorry about that.

2. Yes, the Ex version is plug and play, you didn't really need custom control script or Zer0 options controller in the demo.

koktengri