[XP] Multiple Message Windows Ex

Started by LiTTleDRAgo, February 12, 2012, 12:16:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Moshan

Moshan

Now I have another problem...The hud won't dissapear when I open the menu...I've reuploaded the project.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ddngwuzul69vzp8

LiTTleDRAgo

fixed glitch in Landith Compatibility Patch

Moshan

Thank you again! Now looks like everything works fine :)

LiTTleDRAgo

Vexus

Hey littledrago I had this idea in my head yesterday during work about this custom message script and was wondering if it would be hard to separate the choice of "talking" for the not moving option.

I was thinking if it would be possible to have the main talking window making you unable to walk while the thought bubble chat lets you freely walk. (With an option to enable/disable if possible for cutscenes)

Would it be hard to do?

Thanks
Current Project/s:

LiTTleDRAgo

you can use call script to disable move during messages though

- message.move_during = true/false
    * allow/disallow player to move during messages

Vexus

Current Project/s:

LiTTleDRAgo

Mekool

I got ArugmentError when using this script together with BlizzABS and Tons-of-Add-ons

Heretic86

Can you be more specific about the error and script versions you are using?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

LiTTleDRAgo

try placing the script below tons of addons and above blizz abs

Mekool

November 19, 2012, 08:21:02 am #32 Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:44:36 am by Mekool
Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on November 19, 2012, 12:02:18 am
try placing the script below tons of addons and above blizz abs

No Error window pop out,but message window didn't work properly.
I upload my game project.
http://www.mediafire.com/?pd1fy4tm13mnlep

LiTTleDRAgo

*script updated*

added support for blizz-abs pixel movement

Heretic86

Pixel Movement!  Schweet!

Just wondering if any of the other enhancements I put in ever transfer?  I may come back to this script at some point, but I have something else totally stuck in my brain right now.

Now, how would one go about animating letters, like making them "shake"?  "This is \shake[1]Shaky\shake text.", like in Super Mario RPG?  That might be the next thing for us to take a whack at...
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Heretic86 on November 30, 2012, 01:19:42 am
Pixel Movement!  Schweet!

Just wondering if any of the other enhancements I put in ever transfer?  I may come back to this script at some point, but I have something else totally stuck in my brain right now.

Now, how would one go about animating letters, like making them "shake"?  "This is \shake[1]Shaky\shake text.", like in Super Mario RPG?  That might be the next thing for us to take a whack at...

まあ~ you can compare your attr_accessor with mine to see your enchancement that I use
I didn't have much free time currently, so probably I won't developing this script at least for now

Mekool

The message window works strange and the player can't walk when there is a parallel process event running.

LiTTleDRAgo

can't reproduce the problem, mind uploading a demo with all your script (and your parallel event) included?

Mekool

http://www.mediafire.com/?ooreos0od5515v5
when a message window is showing && player is walking && parallel process is running, message text position is strange.
After the strange message is dispose, player is freeze and unable to talk to other event.

Heretic86

I'll confirm it is a bug not related to any of the other scripts.  I dont have a solution at this time, but I am looking a bit deeper as class Game_Player isnt causing it, but it is hanging there becase $game_system.map_interpreter.running? is returning true, even when the parallel process has an empty list. 

NOTE:  BlizzABS was removed while testing the bug, so it isnt related to any other scripts.

I tried to recreate this in the SDK dependant version I worked with and the bug doesnt appear there.  But it wasnt built to be Blizz compatible.

Definitely a bug, but I dont have the time to find a solution to it right now.

---

Aside from this bug, I took a peek at the initialization method for the windows.  Is this face display using animated faces?  Should the Bitmap be cached to speed up performance?  Might even need to blt cache the whole pic, then display a small part of a big image.  Refresh is also called quite a bit when redrawing the letter by letter text, so just a performance suggestion...
Current Scripts:

Current Demos: