Asking for some help :>

Started by Blizzard, February 14, 2012, 01:07:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I'm conducting an experiment related to a side project of mine and I'm not really in a position to give out too many details. But there is one thing that is cruical for the experiment to work out. I require some sort of bot that can register on one page using different email addresses (I'd prefer if I can enter the addresses used, but it general doesn't matter even if they are randomly generated). It also requires capture override for the whole thing to work. I did find this thing here, but I'm not completely sure this is what I need for this experiment.
Personally, I could write a program that sends out customized http requests to bulk register a set of email, but that still doesn't bypass the captcha.

As alternative hacking into the SQL server would be just fine, too, since the whole point is to register a lot of accounts with different emails.

I'd appreciate any help or pointers in the right direction. :>
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

February 14, 2012, 04:38:09 pm #1 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:40:27 pm by Ryex
well, I know for a fact that  your not going to be able to brute force crack recaptura or any image captura for that matter, not with only a program anyway. the computing power needed to scan the images and successively recognize the letters in any reasonable time frame is not available to any one with out large processing center. the more simplified text based anti bot questions you might have a shot of cracking.

your best bet is either to disable the captura temporarily so you don't have to deal with it on every request or go directly through the database.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

February 14, 2012, 05:10:42 pm #2 Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:20:22 am by HK-47
I was able to concentrate the problem on two possible solutions:

1. Editing some javascript/HTML code to prevent page from redirecting after "submit" was called. I've been having problems to get this properly working with jQuery and I'm not sure how I should put it together using AJAX. I'll have to look into this deeper. Apparently there's also a possible solution using iframes, but it seemed quite confusing so I haven't tried this yet.

2. Disabling captcha is not an option. But if I can force one specific captcha to show up every time instead of being generated anew, then the problem is solved. Sadly so far I haven't been able to do so. ._. Currently I am going through Google's Recaptcha source code to find out how it is determined which "challenge" is currently used. Apparently the challenge is an encrypted string that is supposed to identify the current image/text. Or it could be just the encryption key. This would be confusing, though, as the private key is used for that. In other words, I actually have no idea yet what is what. I'll have to continue analyzing this tomorrow.

The limitation with this approach is that I have only the final HTML source available that I can modify as much as I want.

EDIT: Turns out that the "challenge" for the captcha really is an encrypted or hashed form of the solution as it differs every time. The downside is that it's protected against repeater attacks so a captcha generated once can only be "solved" once. Sadly this renders any other way to attempt a repeater attack pointless as I would need an automated captcha solver. ._.

I guess I will have to continue my experiment by manually doing that big chunk of work that I wanted to automate. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.