Oblivious, obstructive and creative

Started by Blizzard, February 15, 2012, 11:20:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

It is time... time to remove the limitations that I have imposed on myself. There are no limitations anymore. If I want to drink alcohol, I will. If I want to take a girl back home the same night, I will. If I want to create something new, I will. If I want to destroy something, I will. I can't afford to hold myself back anymore, for everybody's sake. If I keep holding myself back, nobody will profit.
I will wreak havoc upon the world or I will bring prosperity. I will do, it's not up to me to decide what the repercussions on the world will be.

DISCUSS; DESTROY MY MIND
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Self indulgent as always.  Getting over your fears is one thing, but ignoring the consequences of your actions is another.  Do what you want, but be responsible.  Also, at some later date, take a few steps back and chill out.  Everything in life is only as important as we want it to be.

MarkHest

February 16, 2012, 01:24:59 am #2 Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:32:29 am by MarkHest
As Winkio said. If you hold yourself back it may be of either "fear" or "ignorance", it realy depends on how you feel like and what kind of person you are. For as long as i have known you i have gotten the image of you that says: "I don't care what others think of me", I think that is a great image becouse you're not holding yourself back becouse of fear, more like you're carefully thinking through your actions before you act.
This is the whole image i get.

And another thing, i reacted a bit to this line: If I want to take a girl back home the same night, I will.

Be carefull. This involves another being/another mind into your way of thinking. To decide that something MUST happen that involves other people(which have different ways of thinking than you) and that they are supose to follow your ways, things might not always go as planned. (I got the image that your were going to FORCE someone home with you if you didn't succeed one night :P)

I just wanted to say that. Be carefull when mixing your mindworks with other people becouse people are unpredictable and there is not a single mind that works exactly like another. You get the picture.
While your mind might be set to one thing, another mind might be set to another thing.

It is one thing to have confidence in yourself, that is good! Confidence is perfect for a situation like that!
But to decide something for other people is just not going to work out. Unless you're planning to FORCE it happen, which can have a few sideffects...

EDIT: Confidence is good when involving other people. Deciding for them forehand is not.
Obviously becouse nobody likes to suffer. (These are things that heartless people don't care about but you have a heart, blizzard)

These thoughts just comes naturaly to me since i often think about everyones same value and same rights. I did not mean to offend you in any way if you felt offended by this post.
I just had to take action when i saw that very line.

Blizzard

February 16, 2012, 02:26:14 am #3 Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:06:39 am by HK-47
Quote from: winkio on February 16, 2012, 12:22:25 am
Self indulgent as always.  Getting over your fears is one thing, but ignoring the consequences of your actions is another.  Do what you want, but be responsible.  Also, at some later date, take a few steps back and chill out.  Everything in life is only as important as we want it to be.

Yeah, that's the stuff. I accept every responsibility. Everything. Peace is can be described in only two words. "I am", that's all there is. I indulge myself, I want to feel myself, my true self, without any crap surrounding it. Thank you for your perspective.

God, I have to stop posting drunk. xD I'm so self-absorbed and awesome when I'm drunk.

@Mark: Both out of fear and ignorance, that's why I have been holding myself back. I've been told recently by a friend "he's a great guy, but he doesn't tap into his full potential, he's holding himself back". It took me a week to understand fully what he said and what he meant. It took me a week to feel what he said.
Sometimes I have to go to one extreme to obtain the perspective and the wisdom there so I can come back and become a better person. I promise myself that I am not going to hold myself back anymore, I promise myself that I will stop doing damage to myself like this.

Though, you should re-read my text. There is no must, there is no obligation. I don't *have to* to do anything. All of it comes from a place of desire, from a place where I just want it. There is no forcing, there is no *must* in all that. Instead it all comes from place of choice, a place where I say yes or no, where I make the decision and where I don't allow external bad influences to disrupt me in making that decision. Obviously I still won't go beyond the boundaries of what I believe in.

Thank you for offering your perspective as well.

EDIT: I've been thinking recently about Tolle's book "The Power of Now" a bit more and things are starting to come together. Obviously that stuff with the meditations is a bit far fetched, but there are some really wise pieces of text in there. For one, the probably best concept is to let go of the past and the future and just live in this moment. Sure, maybe someone has had a crappy past or is going to have problems in the future for whatever reason, but at this very moment, how are they? They are just fine. e.g. Somebody's been beaten by their parents in the past. And they will be beaten again in the future. But at this very moment, what is going? Are they being beaten? Well, no. They are great. I know, it's a stupid example, but it serves the point I am trying to make. Thoughts?

EDIT: Ah, right, I wanted to add something else. All of you know what the ego is. I like to look at the ego as the image we have painted about ourselves, the way we see us. Sadly, that image is often not real. In that case we will avoid getting in situations that could show us that our self image is incorrect. Those kind of realizations hurt and our subconscious is trying its best to protect us from pain like this so it sabotages us into doing certain things that might not be something we really want. I think that the most obvious one is basically making excuses for something. I know that I used to do it. I still sometimes do, but it's changed over the past year. The ego in this context is probably man's biggest burden. I think it's very important that we let go. Obviously that can't be done over night, but persistent small steps also lead to a goal. Even if one never reaches the goal (let's say they get old and die xD), they will still have that part of their journey towards their goal. One interesting thing that I heard the other day was that basically two friends were discussing this topic a bit and one was making a point that he wants to destroy his ego, get rid of it, etc. Let's not focus on how bad this negative kind of attitude is towards oneself for now. :P In any case, the other one replied with something along the lines of that getting rid of one's ego is nearly impossible. This would be enlightenment and only few people have done that through history. I think I understood what he meant. I am freeing myself constantly more and more of this ego. I think yesterday I was at a peak. Alcohol does funny stuff to you. :P Seriously, though, these are the limitations that I can remove now. If I am not being manipulated by my own subconsciousness anymore, then I am free, am I not?

Feel free to offer some perspective on this as well.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

SBR*

The basic idea is good, IMO, but don't overdo it. Limitations are important. Sometimes it might be wise to let go off your ego, but your ego also protects you from doing stupid things. What's important, is that you shouldn't let this get too far. I know you said you wouldn't go past your boundaries, but still. If you want to push yourself to your boundaries when you're sober, you might go too far when you're drunk. Take a look at your first post. You seem very impulsive there - like you said, "at a peek".

Quote from: Blizzard"he's a great guy, but he doesn't tap into his full potential, he's holding himself back"

That's something completely different than doing whatever the heck you want. Other people's judgment can be quite helpful. Please, Blizz, don't show any asocial behavior.

I'm sorry if I offended you, I honestly didn't mean to. I just wanted to express my opinion :).

Blizzard

February 16, 2012, 04:06:20 pm #5 Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:07:37 pm by HK-47
Of course, I am just saying this in a metaphorical sense, I'm just using it as an expression. I'm not literally doing whatever I want, I'm not doing stuff that harms other people or anything like that.

Nah, your post didn't seem offensive to me. I'm a very social person, don't you worry. :P

You see, the difference between now and then is that back then the boundaries that limited me would have been imposed externally by society, other people, etc. while at this moment I am the only thing that is imposing boundaries. Obviously there are boundaries for me which I would never cross, drunk or sober doesn't matter. I look at it like like thinking with your own head, doing what you believe is right, not comforting to the views of others because you don't have your own. Boundaries are important so we don't do stupid stuff. But the only one that should be allowed to set them is everybody for themselves. I remember many years ago when I was in high school a religion teacher explained to us the concept of freedom. Freedom is not doing whatever you want, it's doing whatever you want without causing harm, without compromising the freedom of others. I think this is a great definition of freedom. Basically I am exercising my freedom.

SBR*

In that case, you're absolutely right :)!