[xp]Basic show map event

Started by diagostimo, February 16, 2012, 02:27:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

diagostimo

February 16, 2012, 02:27:24 pm Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:53:13 pm by diagostimo
Show Map
Version: 1.0
Type: Picture Event

Hi there, this is a basic picture showing event, that will show a map with an overlapped image for your location, enjoy :D

This event system will show a map image the size of the screen on the button press L (q key as default), with an overlapped flashing image to indicate the location on the map that you are at.

Features

• Requires item "map"
  • Shows map on button press L (q key as default
  • Completely customize-able to fit needs

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?18x514fzzd1kyoc

Instructions

Its all in the demo, also if you want the scrolls default image for creating your own map, you can find it in the project root folder, in making the image i overlapped my maps image onto the scroll, then over lapped the border of the scroll over this, and deleted any part of the map on the tear lines, also to make the grid on the map image itself, using gimp, go to filters/render/pattern/grid, and customize as you require, also the overlayed flashing square is the size of a single grid square, to line it up in the event config, it is calculated in pixles, not event squares, obviously edit this to grid with the map you are on 8)

Credits and Thanks

• You can credit me if you wish, mainly for the scroll image itself, the map itself is from the anime series one piece, so obviously don't use it for a commercial purposes.

Author's Notes

Please feel free to use all resources included, the maps are from the anime one piece, so obviously they would be better suited for a based fan game :P

ForeverZer0

* Moves to database *

Quote from: diagostimo on February 16, 2012, 02:27:24 pm
Screenshots

NO need :)

Although not required, I would suggest a screenshot for the system,since it is a visual add-on.

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

diagostimo

ForeverZer0

Much more better. :D

To make life easier for yourself, if you hold "Alt" while you press "Print Screen", it will only capture the active window and you won't have to manually crop it, which is a neat little time-saver.

Anyways, nice little event system, it has been a while since there have been some additions to the event database, so thank you. :)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

diagostimo

thanks, i do prefer scripts for interface, but when you need something small, events are always the best scenario, and save all the time of faffing around :D