[XP] How to change icon dimensions?

Started by Simplent, February 29, 2012, 07:49:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Simplent

Hi everyone. I made icons that are a little too big and I don't want to manually resize each one since there are a few hundred. How do I change what I guess would be called the "icon restriction size" for RMXP, so that the icons don't get cut off halfway? Thanks!
Oh, am I supposed to put something here?

ForeverZer0

March 01, 2012, 12:18:02 am #1 Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:46:47 am by ForeverZer0
There isn't really a simple way to do it. You have to manually modify every method that draws icons. If they are taller than 32 pixels, you will pretty much have to modify the entire way that text is drawn, since that is the default height, and if not the icons would overlap each other even if you accounted for a larger size.

I would strongly suggest you find a program to batch resize them. You are not going to find a script that even resembles compatibility out there to do it. I can make a program to do it real quick. Give me a few minutes.

EDIT:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20787370/Applications/IconResizer.exe

Here it is. You can resize an entire directory at a time to any size you wish, in either PNG or JPG. Hope that helps. It reads .png, .jpg, and .bmp files.
Output images will be placed in a folder in the programs directory called "RESIZED". 

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Simplent

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on March 01, 2012, 12:18:02 am
There isn't really a simple way to do it. You have to manually modify every method that draws icons. If they are taller than 32 pixels, you will pretty much have to modify the entire way that text is drawn, since that is the default height, and if not the icons would overlap each other even if you accounted for a larger size.

I would strongly suggest you find a program to batch resize them. You are not going to find a script that even resembles compatibility out there to do it. I can make a program to do it real quick. Give me a few minutes.

EDIT:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20787370/Applications/IconResizer.exe

Here it is. You can resize an entire directory at a time to any size you wish, in either PNG or JPG. Hope that helps. It reads .png, .jpg, and .bmp files.
Output images will be placed in a folder in the programs directory called "RESIZED". 

I love you, no homo. You saved my game, I wish I could say more than a thank you! You're the best.
Oh, am I supposed to put something here?