[XP] Stat Distribution System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:18:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jragyn

Oh...
Well, thats helpful to know.
I'll see if I can't do that when I get an extra minute, as its not horrendously vital.

Thanks again, Blizzard, for your constantly extra and useful advice. ^.^
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

9VoltWiseMan

I would use this, but it doesn't have hp and mp... I have one in my game that has it and I would be more than happy if you modified yours if you have any spare time. :D
The Beta Demo of Curse's Flaw will be here.. Eventually.

Blizzard

Well, I can definitely add that. Question is when I will have time to do it. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

blademan

Quote from: Blizzard on September 30, 2009, 05:01:30 am
Well, I can definitely add that. Question is when I will have time to do it. :P

Please do. I'm sure lots of people would thank you for it (myself included).  :)

Blizzard

October 17, 2009, 05:19:10 pm #44 Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:15:32 am by Blizzard
I might do it tomorrow (since somebody else requested it as well).

EDIT: There you go.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

very nice blizzard, I like the new design and layout, I think it looks better than the old one.

Calintz

9VoltWiseMan

HUZZAH! Thanks Blizzard! Much better than the old one I used.
The Beta Demo of Curse's Flaw will be here.. Eventually.

Calintz

Applying a custom windowskin will really improve the aesthetics of this script.

Hellfire Dragon

Really liking the new look Blizzy, nice work :)

blademan

Thanks, awesome job as always, and I like the new look.  :D

Blizzard

I had to redesign the interface because of the additional HP and SP display so when I was actually done with the script, I decided to change one part of the interface back (at one moment there were 5 commands, the new one being "Apply" to apply changes) and change the look completely to be able to add the DP cost and current values of the stats.

JPlatt

I am wondering if there is a way to modify the script so that once a stat reaches a certain point, the cost of the stat increases. An example of what I am saying is from lets say 20 to 30 strength, one more point in that stat costs 3 distribution points. Once it reaches 30, to add one more point in strength would cost 5 distribution points and once it reaches 40 or something it'll cost 9 distribution points, etc.

It would be great to hear how to do it. I'm using BlizzABS as my battle system and each monster awards distribution points instead of experience when killed, so there aren't any true levels. I just want an incentive to kill harder monsters to improve your stats instead of having earlier monsters give the same distribution points and cause an inflation of stats.

SBR*

Quote from: JPlatt on June 30, 2010, 10:00:02 pm
I am wondering if there is a way to modify the script so that once a stat reaches a certain point, the cost of the stat increases. An example of what I am saying is from lets say 20 to 30 strength, one more point in that stat costs 3 distribution points. Once it reaches 30, to add one more point in strength would cost 5 distribution points and once it reaches 40 or something it'll cost 9 distribution points, etc.

It would be great to hear how to do it. I'm using BlizzABS as my battle system and each monster awards distribution points instead of experience when killed, so there aren't any true levels. I just want an incentive to kill harder monsters to improve your stats instead of having earlier monsters give the same distribution points and cause an inflation of stats.

You kind of necroposted... Well, since you had a question, I don't think it's that bad, but I'm not the one who has to judge this...

It would be easy to do that, we just need to know what you want the formula of DP cost to be? onelvlcost = skilllvl / 10?

Oh, and I just HAVE to say this: I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I love the new name of Arshes :D.

G_G

Quote from: Rule 33. Contrary to popular belief, gravedigging, or posting in an old topic, is for the most part ok. This means as long as your post is relevant and important enough to post in a topic that has been considered dead, it is ok. Unless of course, the topic you're posting in is several months old, then you would be better off just starting your own topic. This also means posting just to say "Cool" or "I agree" or anything else pointless in nature will result in the deletion of the post and/or locking of the topic.

Its okay to necropost as long as its relavent. A lot of people are getting the wrong idea that its never okay to necropost.

SBR*

Quote from: SBR* on July 01, 2010, 07:05:54 am
Well, since you had a question, I don't think it's that bad, but I'm not the one who has to judge this...

Maybe I had to say 'I don't think it's bad', but w/e.

JPlatt

The formula you posted would actually work quite nicely. It would have to start from a base of 3 though, so onelvlcost = skilllvl / 10 + 3 I guess  :)

Blizzard

Mimi Chan

Oh nice! An update to one of my fav script *.*

I think the download for demo is corrupted T-T

Does this one has a feature of DP scaling?
I mean the higher your stat, the more DP it will consume (like RO)
ex.
Str 1-10 = only needs 1 DP per point
Str 11-20 = Needs 2 DP per point

So it prevents early maxing out of stats o.oa
What's a sig?

Blizzard

It has scaling, though, it's not based on ranges but fixed values for each stat.

Looks like the upload broke up. I reuploaded the demo.