Actorsprite Maker

Started by Dweller, March 05, 2012, 04:35:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller

Last year I learned C# just to make a few custom tools to use in my work. Also I began 2 game projects; one is a XNA space game and the other is a RPGMaker XP character maker (I called Actorsprite Maker). Right now I´m very close to public this sprite tool that I think it could be usefull to rpgmaker XP users. In the next video you can see how it works:

Features:
- 6 shapes to combine (head, body, leg, accesories 1, acc 2 and acc3)
- Save png charactersheet (RPGMaker XP format, 4x4)
- Spritesheet preview, 2x Zoom preview and animated preview with 4 diferents backgrounds
- Moving tool (you can move each shape)
- Reset button
- Accesories 1, 2 and 3 contain the same list of sprites so you can combine mora han one of this list

Basically the program is done and I´m now adding sprites to combine. I hope in a few weeks I can make a public version.

Spoiler: ShowHide
If you are curious and want to see how my XNA space game looks like, see the next video --> http://youtu.be/kE4agbLOjn8
Dwellercoc

diagostimo

looks very nice, will you have an input option where a user can upload there own images into the program?

Dweller

I´m thinking to add the input feature but you will need to use 256 colors images or the final png will change colors after shapes merge (using a gif solve that problem). Probably you don´t see the input button on the first public version.

Some characters generated:
Dwellercoc

diagostimo

cool, well i think having an input feature would be a great adition, also hue control over each layer would be rather useful, btw those sprites look ace, i cant wait :D

DarknessSurrounds

This looks awesome!  Can't wait to see a release of this!

Dweller

Screenshot of the new interface design:

Dwellercoc

G_G

March 08, 2012, 08:25:45 am #6 Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:26:55 am by game_guy
Quick tip: I'm assuming you are using an instance of "Graphics" class to draw all of the pictures in the upper right hand corner. The "Up", "Left", "Right", and "Down". If you are, I'd recommend changing the interpolation mode to Nearest Neighbor so it looks more pixelated rather than anti-aliased and blurred.
Graphics g = Graphics.FromImage(image);
g.InterpolationMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.InterpolationMode.NearestNeighbor;
// drawing stuff here
g.Dispose();
pictureBox.Image = image;

And just an idea, instead of forcing the player to only have 3 accessories, maybe you could implement a list box that contains "layers" so to speak. Players can add accessories as layers, move them up or down to change the z index and whatnot.

Dweller

March 08, 2012, 08:45:10 am #7 Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:27:57 am by Dweller
Good point game_guy, this is the result on the same screen:

Thanks for the code.

[EDIT 09/03/2012]
A input option for each shape is working now. You can upload your own resources to any Actorsprite Maker shape and combine them with the program resources. (only acept GIF format).
Dwellercoc

ForeverZer0

I gots some code for hue rotation if you want to include that, or check out ColorMatrix in System.Drawing.Imaging, because it is bad ass.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Dweller

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on March 11, 2012, 02:42:30 am
I gots some code for hue rotation if you want to include that, or check out ColorMatrix in System.Drawing.Imaging, because it is bad ass.

It will be nice if you share it with me (I have a few ColorMatrix examples but I didn`t analize them yet). Next week I´ll go with this task so your code may save me a lot of time.

Dwellercoc

Futendra

I can't wait for it to come out!

Dweller

In this video you can see upload and HUE/Sat/Light features (also the new interface design):

Dwellercoc

MarkHest

holy shit, this looks freaking awesome :O

I can't wait for this to be released :D

Dweller

Actorsprite Maker is close to have a public version. A lot of bugs and error are now fixed due to the tester colaboration. On the first public version the progran will include 30 faces, 30 bodies, 20 legs and 30 accesories (at this moment--> 23 faces, 26 bodies, 20 legs and 29 accesories).

I´m now working on the image database update system. Finally I decided to use a ftp server to host the files. The program check for new version and download all the files from the ftp and add them to the imagelist's controls. I´m having problems with this because is more dificult that I thought, but I hope the system will be done on this week, so probably expect a public version on the April first week.

Dwellercoc

ForeverZer0

Might be easier to just use a Dropbox folder. This will also not require any security risks of having the FTP account compromised.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

SilverShadow737

Looks fantastic, I await the final product.
Ginyu Force Rules

Heretic86

Necropost.  Sue me.

This actually looks phenomenal beyond just about everything I've seen for RM non chibi sprite creations.  Just out of curiousity, what is the status of this project?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)