Games before vs. games now

Started by Blizzard, March 06, 2012, 06:08:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

stripe103

March 06, 2012, 06:43:27 am #1 Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:44:54 am by stripe103
My friend showed that to me. And it is so true :D

Hopefully, someone does something about it soon though.

Also, why are those things still called watermarks? There is no water in them when used in a computer.

Blizzard

Lol! Watermark never had anything to do with water. It was always used to confirm the authenticity of a piece of paper in some context. e.g. An artist could add their watermark, monetary bills have their own watermarks to prevent falsifications, etc. They basically started using the same term in IT to confirm authenticity of a message or a digital image/sound/etc.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zeriab

stripe103

Since it is on the subject, I think this video is.. well, just watch, okay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM

I love the way he teaches wile being funny :)

Blizzard

March 07, 2012, 03:00:40 pm #5 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:01:56 pm by Blizzard
Great video. xD Winkio posted his Castlevania 1 vs. Castlevania 2 rant recently and I laughed my ass off as well. I highly recommend everybody to set aside 20 minutes and watch this. It's one of the best ways possible to waste some time. xD Also, I agree with most what he said (if not all). I never liked Megaman too much, but I loved the X series because they offer way more movement freedom and are more fast-paced. I've played all Megaman X games from 1 to 8, (except 7 which was apparently a black sheep and sucked).

stripe103

Boop! Megaman! Megaman!.. *smack * SHUT UP! I DON'T NEED YOU!

I just love the way he present things :)

winkio

megaman's tutorial stage worked because the game was so simple.  Run, jump, shoot.  For more complex games, you need a text, audio, or visual guide to help the player.

Blizzard

I agree with meaningful tutorials, of course. But today's casual gamers actually are that "stupid". Heck, you have to explain to them how to play a point-and-click adventure. :(

stripe103

Or it's just because they get the instructions shoved in the face that they become stupid. If they would have never used all these tutorials, then maybe it would have been something else...