Setting Event Pages though their own Autostart page

Started by Memor-X, March 06, 2012, 09:35:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

probably not the best title but i'll explain

i've been reworking all the systems on Nexis Core: Chain of shows keeping it so i don't have to keep parsing variables in a class to $game_variables but instead by using attrib_accessors, so far i'm working on the X Grid

i've got most of the script done and i just need the event side done, how i want to do this is by checking a condition in an event to then flip a Self-Switch if the condition is true, this is how i have it thought up

Event Page 1
Condition: None
Trigger: Auto-start
Event List
- Condition Branch: Script - if $xgrid.node[$xgrid.char_id][$xgrid.grid_id][@event_id] == true
      Self-switch B = true
  else
      Self-swicth A = true
  end
-stop prosessing

NOTE:
Spoiler: ShowHide

$xgrid.char_id is the id of an actor in the database
$xgrid.grid_id is the id given to the grid the character is currently on since a character can go onto another character's grid

Event Page 2
Condition: Self-Switch A = true
Trigger: Action Key
Event list
- Confirm to activate node
   yes - $xgrid.activate()
   no - no nothing
- Change Graphic
- Play Animation
- Self switch B = true

Event Page 3
Condition: Self-Switch B = true
Trigger: Action Key
Event list
Nothing

however the problems i've been having is
1. i can get the Auto-Start to start after the first time it's run
2. (proably the reason for 1), i can't get the Self-Switches of every event on the map to turn off right away

i understand that if this does work and i have like 900 events doing this it could cause problems but i limit the number of events by splitting the map into smaller ones

i could use the old method i used in Version CUBGM and that's to have 8 pages, 2 for every character but i want to make it so that it's a bit more flexible for more than 4 characters

i'm not sure if i can do thing though an event or if i need a script but since this is event side work i'm doing i figured it should go in this forum, anyone got any ideas?

ForeverZer0

$game_map.need_refresh = true

After changing the switches.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.