[Blizz-abs Game] Flame of Life OVA 1: The Boss Challenge. Can you conquer them.

Started by Magus, March 08, 2012, 12:42:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

FLAME OF LIFE OVA 1: THE BOSS CHALLENGE

Story:

There isn't much of a story. Follow Flare's private training with Flarina...Just beat a boss, unlock another.  

System:

This game uses Blizz-abs. The bosses themselves are rather simple. They have a pattern and then an angry mode which adjusts them to a second or third pattern.  Yes, though their simple bosses made to show you that blizz-abs is capable of having bosses, they were rather a pain in the ass to get right ---so their may be a few flaws. Please help me out with this. Just submit a bug or a suggestion.
Blizz-abs 2.80 is what this system is using btw.

Download

I provided no screen shots for the following reasons:  I used the existing RTP. The only thing that's not from the rtp is Flare, Flarina, and the final boss. Everything else, yea...

Screen shots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Notes:
There may be some flaws that I can't see or just need help with. Making blizz-abs bosses maybe fun but its also a pain in the ass in most cases.  Anyway, the challenge: Can you defeat all of the bosses. If you defeat the final boss, please provide a screenshot as proof. (With maybe his health at zero or Flarina's second wave of speech --the one after beating the final boss.)

These bosses aren't that great. They're just examples.  My greatest bosses and works can't be dedicated to this game but to Flame of Life R.

Anyway, thanks for playing and good luck!

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

G_G

QuoteI provided no screen shots for the following reasons:  I used the existing RTP. The only thing that's not from the rtp is Flare, Flarina, and the final boss. Everything else, yea...

Not a good reason to post screenshots. If you want attention for your game project, post screenshots, make the post look nicer, and put a little more effort into the information about your game.

Magus

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Magus

Quote from: Futendra on March 08, 2012, 01:36:53 pm
Project File?

It's still encrypted. I simply extracted it and placed all the files in a .rar achieve. This made it easier to upload. In the past, blinding uploading the .exe file would give me terrible results such as:  the exe not fully extracting or the audio problem. (which would make the file go to a 128MB failure)

Magus

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Magus

O_O that looks pretty bad-ass though... I may consider tying out final fantasy... T_T but since I've never touched the series, I'm probably too far out to get into it.

G_G

Quote from: Magus on March 16, 2012, 10:16:35 am
O_O that looks pretty bad-ass though... I may consider tying out final fantasy... T_T but since I've never touched the series, I'm probably too far out to get into it.

You've never played a Final fantasy game? ._. What is wrong with you?! D:

ShadowPierce

Quote from: game_guy on March 16, 2012, 06:15:33 pm

Now we know why there's so much cliché moments... Anyway, hope you can improve on that... ;)

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Aqua

You shouldn't really use a charset of an already well-established character.

ShadowPierce

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Magus

Quote from: game_guy on March 16, 2012, 06:15:33 pm

It's probably because I'm a Tales Of  fan,  right ?XD  After we all know Tales of kicks way more ass XD.. (To be specific, I conquered Tos 1 and 2.)  And now will be moving on to the others...

Tales of Innocence, the final boss for the DS though is too fucking hard D::::

Skwig

This game is really fun, but i can't seem to kill the last boss, ololo.
BTW: How did you do the bird boy (first) boss? I am trying to recreate it.
Did you make him teleport and force action to cast the spell? :3
Thanks

Magus

Quote from: Skwig on March 25, 2012, 07:19:56 am
This game is really fun, but i can't seem to kill the last boss, ololo.
BTW: How did you do the bird boy (first) boss? I am trying to recreate it.
Did you make him teleport and force action to cast the spell? :3
Thanks

The final boss, Flood? There's a certain space on the bottom crystal platform in which you could wait to avoid some of the attacks. (Mainly the large red balls in Angry Mode).   As for the beginning, watch his pattern carefully. You can attack him if you wish from the get go.  But that aside, wait for the SECOND TIME he teleports back on field. He will shoot on a rampage for a bit--just wait --he WILL STOP and walk around for a bit. Use this opportunity to get as many hits as you can before he teleports to the beginning of his route.  NOTICE, in angry mode his route completely changes. In fact, it changes  twice but don't let it confuse you-- depending how you take it, this could be your chance to whip his ass. XD.

--- As for the first boss how I did it... well, the method I used to create him is really complicated to explain D: and repeat.
First, I gave him a move route.  left---  and then right---- and then right again---- and then left---.
Because forced actions are a bit of a problem in 2.80 using 2.79 config, he's not as HARD and epic as he's supposed to be. That aside moving on.
---- I used a separate method of switches (once again, so I can't really explain because its really complicated) to force firing of projectiles.
-------- Angry mode, I used more controllers as well. IN that boss alone, there are about 4 controllers. Each controlling this boss. To even get the boss to activate angry move the moment his health reached 50% was easy though.

----------HERE:

(Asking:)  Did anyone beat this? Even if you don't like it, could anyone tell me if
it's beaten. It's hard, but not unbeatable. I've beaten it plenty of times and some of them were times with little damage.

If it seems too hard, please let me know? (not that I'll make it any easier)
I really want to know where was the most difficulty. Maybe the angry/boss intense mode?

I do plan to release a hard version of this same game (but using BABS2.85). But if its already too hard, then I'll hold off. 

It's hard to make bosses at the right difficulty, because toning down abit could result in making it too easy --remember, BABS boss making is a challenge itself.

thanks,

Magus

Magus

I don't think I ever gave out any of the controls. Sorry. Holy shit, I deeply apologize for this. (the ones capable of beating this are those who played knowing the controls of flame of life or any other game I made.)  SO here:

Controls:

Move around -- arrow keys
Attack -  space
Menu --  ESC
Run-  V
Display Hotkeys-  A
Use hotkets- numbers
display hud- ctrl

Sorry about this.. I really am D:

almog99

Dragon Ball Z Another Timeline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHOi4sUPsDw

Magus

... hey, this is still here lol.

Sadly, this game may be lost in the darkness forever xD. I'll look through any old flash drives.  Sadly the unreleased HD version of this is gone too -_- blame windows .. Even a surprise sequel haha. I probably lost all of those skills that far exceeded this old game lol

Sylphe

Oh no :( I think this game could be an excellent example  of what we can do for BABS bosses ... Sure no one can upload it again ? :S
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss

Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBearTRY KEEP UP

Magus

Damn, I wanted to try this out.  -_- Send space is unreliable as shit---why did I upload in there.  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Blizzard