How to Get Enterbrain's Software Free

Started by G_G, March 17, 2012, 11:27:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Legal bump, this still works. They haven't fixed it in this latest version either.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

AliveDrive

Multi-bump!

This...

Quote from: gameus on March 17, 2012, 03:27:37 pm
Its Enterbrain, since when have they ever been a serious company? :V

and this...

QuoteWhat's funny is any n00b person, not even a programmer, anybody who knows enough to open the registry editor, could easily "crack" their "protection".  Seriously, what company sells a program for profit and does not know better?

Confession time. I only felt the need to pay for a license if I ended up making a game worth selling.

Consequently, I have yet to pay for a license.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

G_G

It's not something they can really fix just for the fact that they are using a totally different DRM system. CoGen is their current decision, they'd either have to A) ditch GoGen and spend money on another DRM system which would cost them more money or B) Wait for CoGen to go an alternate route. Neither seem very likely so I don't think it'll be outdated anytime soon.

exile360

I'm not 100% sure, but they seem to have fixed this now. The trial (for rmxp at least) no longer requires any activation code from your e-mail, and doesn't seem to use CoGen at all. I guess they noticed, lol.

G_G

Are you using the trial from their new site? I dunno, I haven't tried this method for awhile.

exile360

New site, yes. I believe the old one isn't accessible anymore.

Zexion

They had talked about moving away from CoGen for a while because a huge mass of people who legit bought VxAce couldn't get it to work due to CoGen errors. (Usually from having a pirated RmXP/Vx already installed.) Since obviously no one was going to admit they had the pirated version I don't think they could find the problem and just stopped using CoGen all together.

orochii

This thing could actually help some people that bought the software...
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/15486-activation-not-working/
Tickets... yeah. Better play a little with registry and voilà.

Asdf,
OZ

PhoenixFire

September 20, 2013, 05:51:10 pm #28 Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:18:18 pm by DigitalSoul
Looks like they finally did fix this issue, though some of us were smart and might just happen to have the old installers that should still work with this trick... Not that I'm endorsing software piracy or anything, but as stated, it's not illegal unless you distribute the games without buying it...

EDIT: I just checked with my copy of VX, and yeah, the trick still works. Looks like they didn't find a way to have the activation server check to see if it can determine what "version" of software you're installing (old DRM vs. Non). I would think the smart thing to do would be to have a trigger that detects if your trying to install the old DRM version, force the user to download and install the newest version, thereby bypassing the little trick itself. I mean, really, how hard could that be?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

onashabuh

Its still works, if u have a backup from ur registry entry.

gavintendo

Whenever I boot up the program and click on 'Activate,' it doesn't load. Can you help?

KK20

September 19, 2016, 08:29:19 pm #32 Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:34:07 pm by KK20
You're probably using an older version of RMXP. Enterbrain changed their activation servers (or something like that) so the activation process never finishes.

While we're on that note, this doesn't work anymore. It only works if you insert a registry key from someone that did this process years ago. Good luck with that since asking would be against the rules.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

RigleyWoo

sorry I'm completly braindead and heard nothing of common sense,but which file do i find the product key/edit? Im in regedit and can see the following files and data:
Free ¦ false
reseller ¦ COGEN
S ¦ eb25ac9d0c58cf969b61d153e53605fd
SalesCode ¦ lite
Trial ¦ True
TrialExpiary ¦ 2020-12-01 00:00:00Z

RigleyWoo

hey sorry how braindead i am but idk what im supposed to do. ive found the exact folder that G_G described and can show a list of variables and data if it would help.

G_G

It says "Trial : True"
True means that its in trial mode. So changing it to "False" should fix it. Don't have to be a programmer to realize that lol.

KK20

But it shouldn't even work anymore, as my previous post states

Other Projects

G_G

Netaro

Okay, hear me out. I'm some random guy completely out of nowhere and bumping a year old thread. I highly apologize.

But I found an old RPG Maker Vx Ace installer and it uses the old CoGen DRM. The only problem is that it won't make the Registry keys unless you activate the trial first which is impossible since the old activation servers are long dead.

I've searched for two weeks now and this seems like my only shot; I'm wondering if any of you have a backup of the full registry path. Can anyone give me the name of all the registry keys and folders inside CoGenMedia -> Drm so I can try and recreate all the registry stuff manually and see if I can fool the software.

Again, highly apologize if I seem rude and completely out of nowhere. I'm just completely losing my mind over this. I know I can easily get a cracked version online but I still wanted to do it as "legal" as possible. Any help is appreciated!

KK20

Quote from: KK20 on September 19, 2016, 08:29:19 pm
It only works if you insert a registry key from someone that did this process years ago. Good luck with that since asking would be against the rules.

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this topic too.

Other Projects