Wow, do I feel rusty...

Started by ForeverZer0, March 18, 2012, 02:46:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

So I opened up the solution for the editor today, and I forget soooo much. It may take a few days or a week to get back in full rhythm, so bear with me, please.

On another note, since my last time working on this, I reinstalled my OS, VS2010, Python, and libraries, etc, etc.
It seems I am rather retarded, because I cannot get the project to start a test-run. It keeps complaining about a failed DLL load for _PyXAL. I believe I have everything set back up correctly, and yet it is still doing it. Am I missing something?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

March 18, 2012, 05:33:37 pm #1 Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:08:17 pm by Ryex
Blizz did do some updating of the XAL libs, so perhaps the xal dll is no longer compatible with the python extension, I'll do some double checking and rebuild it, perhaps that will fix the problem

EDIT:
well it seems that there has been some significant changes to the XAL code. the one that is probably breaking things is the fact that the BackendID has been changed from a int to a void*.  seriously Blizz how am I supposed to type cast a python number into a void*. I suppose I could cast it to an int first and then try to cast it to a void* but I'm not sure cython will like that...

EDIT:
actually that worked... apart from a bit of confusion when it failed to load an MP3 and I though it should (silly me) it works perfectly now.
BTW I'm starting my spring break to day so I'm hoping to get a bit of work done this week
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Yeah, she be fixed now. Things start up normally again!

And you quit your bitching. :V:
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

@Ryex: In April the backend ID is a void* as well, because it makes much more sense. In every window system it's backend ID is handled in a different way. e.g. in Android it's not even a backend ID, it's a pointer to the Java VM. :/ I had to update this mostly because of consistency.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.