[XP] RO Job/Skill System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 pm Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:29:46 am by Blizzard
RO Job/Skill System
Authors: Blizzard
Version: 2.3
Type: Ragnarok Online Job/Skill System Clone
Key Term: Custom Skill System

Introduction

This script allows you to use a skill system that is very similar to the skill system of the MMORPG Ragnarok Online. By gaining jobs and job levels the characters get points which they can use to learn and make skills stronger. Stronger skills have a higher numerical effect and lower SP cost. This script also allows the usage of a job change system.

This work is licensed under BSD License 2.0:
QuoteCopyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1.  Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2.  Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
    and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

3.  Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors
    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
    without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

You may use this script for both non-commercial and commercial products without limitations as long as you fulfill the conditions presented by the above license. The "complete" way to give credit is to include the license somewhere in your product (e.g. in the credits screen), but a "simple" way is also acceptable. The "simple" way to give credit is as follows:
QuoteRO Job/Skill System licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić

Alternatively, if your font doesn't support diacritic characters, you may use this variant:
QuoteRO Job/Skill System licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikic

In general other similar variants are allowed as long as it is clear who the creator is (e.g. "RO Job/Skill System created by Blizzard" is acceptable). But if possible, prefer to use one of the two variants listed above.

If you fail to give credit and/or claim that this work was created by you, this may result in legal action and/or payment of damages even though this work is free of charge to use normally.

Features

• job/class level and and change system
  • skill level system that can be turned off as well
  • gain Job Points for each Job Level and use them to power up your skills or learn new ones
  • increased SP cost and decreased skill power for skills that have not been improved to the maximum level
  • two fully functional scenes for class changing and skill learning/improving
  • easy setup and use
  • compatible with Blizz-ABS and RTAB
  • wide range of possible uses
v1.0b
  • fixed font problem
  • now beta
v1.01b
  • fixed a crash problem where enemies would be tested on skill levels
v1.2b
  • actors can now learn Chaos Drive transformation skills through this system (REQUIRES CRLS 5.0 OR HIGHER)
  • classes/jobs now can have stat modifiers
v1.3b
  • skills can now have other skills as requirements
v1.4b
  • added option to hide skills that haven't met the prerequisites yet
  • improved coding and the way data display is being refreshed
v1.5b
  • fixed bug with forgetting skills
  • added option to forget all skills from other classes when changing the class
v1.6b
  • now more compatible with Blizz-ABS 2.57
v2.0b
  • fixed bug where HP/SP wouldn't apply when the max HP/SP were decreased
  • fixed bug with skill usage when JOB_ONLY was not active
  • now more compatible with Blizz-ABS 2.7
  • improved coding
v2.01b
  • fixed bug when activating JOB_ONLY
v2.1b
  • fixed a few small problems with Blizz-ABS
v2.2b
  • fixed a the bug where during actor parameter testing the class of the dummy actor would change and unequip equipment
  • fixed crash bug that could occur when trying to change the class again
v2.3
  • added new license
  • added usage and crediting instructions

Screenshots

Demo

RO Job/Skill System

Script

Just make a new script above main and paste this code into it.
Script Download

Instructions

Inside the script in the first comment.

Compatibility

95% compatible with SDK v1.x, 60% compatible with SDK v2.x. Can cause incompatibility issues with other exotic Skill Systems, CMS-es and CBS-es. Fully compatible with Blizz-ABS, not compatible with Mr. Mo's ABS. WILL corrupt old savegames.

Credits and Thanks

• Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
  • Nightfox for requesting this

Author's Notes

If you use this system to learn CD skills, it is recommended that you leave the skills' maximum level at only 1 as the consumption cost of the stats cannot change in CRLS. CD skills also don't appear in the improvement screen. Don't forget that you need to let the class be able to learn the CD skills just like a normal skill. If you don't have CRLS installed, the skill will be learned as if it was a normal skill.

If you find any bugs, please report them here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com

That's it! N-Joy! =D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

hey Blizz is there a way to have like a base stat bounus depending on the job of the character like if it a melle job it has a slight STR boost but if you change to a mage class you loose the STR boost and gain a INT boost instead

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

Sure. I'll see if I can add that in the next version.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

awsome that idea just hit hit me and thought that would be a cool feature  :D

Phasedscar

I just want to say that you've done a great job with all these codes Blizzard.  I'm currently making a game with your Blizz-ABS, Custom Stat Improvement, and RO Job skills.

I did notice something strange though.  When using Blizz-ABS with RO Job skills the changes to a skill's performance wasn't changing at all.  I placed the code above the main originally, when that didn't work I placed it over Blizz-ABS, though I'm not
getting any error messages whatsoever, it isn't scaling the skill strengths at all.

I'll give you a little more detail in what I have done with the customization if that
may have caused it.

INIT_JP = 1
  LVL1_POWER = 50
  LVL1_COST = 100
  LVLUP_RATE = 20
  EXP_RATIO = 20
  RESET_LVLS = false
  JOB_ONLY = false
  USE_LEVEL = true
  USE_ALL = true
  RO_RIGHT = true
  EVASION = 'EVA'

I have each skill in my database set to a maximum of 10

when 1 then return 10
   when 2 then return 10
   when 3 then return 10
   when 4 then return 10
    etc.

And a branching job increase system, starting with a dummy class. ( ClassName(minimum level required))

_ Berserker(lv40)
                 __________Warrior(lv19)
               /                                 - Gladiator(lv40)
       Squire(lv1)
     /         \                                        _ Assassin(lv40)
   /             -----------------Rogue(lv19)
  /                                                     - Duelist(lv40)
???(starting)
  \                             _ Archmage(lv40)
   \             Mage(lv19)
     \         /               - Necromancer(lv40)
      Acolyte(lv1)
               \                                     _ Witchdoctor(lv40)
                 \__________Shaman(lv19)
                                                     - Priest(lv40)

The code for that looks like:

when 1 then return [[19, 3], [19, 4]]
    when 2 then return [[19, 5], [19, 6]]
    when 3 then return [[40, 11], [40, 12]]
    when 4 then return [[40, 13], [40, 14]]
    when 5 then return [[40, 7], [40, 8]]
    when 6 then return [[40, 9], [40, 10]]
    when 15 then return [[1, 1], [1, 2]]

I had double checked all of that but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it.  Anyway, I'm only mentioning a minor glitch that seems to be taking part of the code.  If there's any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Hm, according to the script order list I put together here the ROSYS should go below Blizz-ABS. Could you check on this? If it doesn't work, I'll fix it right away.

Phasedscar

January 23, 2008, 06:14:25 pm #6 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:30:56 pm by Phasedscar
I had actually set it back to the script order you had posted before (I've been reading pretty diligently on your forums and just now decided to speak up).

I did notice that I had taken you Equap script out of tons of addons and placed it in there, I'm thinking I might be getting a reset on the skill values from there, so I'm going to remove it and see what happens.

Edit1: In case you're wondering I had taken apart much of the tons of addons to clean up the script order a little and make it easier to modify the databases.  In other words I didn't want to look through thousands of lines of code to fine exactly what I'm looking for.

Edit2: Ok, I changed the script order to:
SDK 1.5
STCMS Hybrid
Tons of Addons
Blizz-ABS 1.8
Stat Distribution System
RO Jobskills
Main

I actually encountered another error with this... "Script Blizz-ABS line 6595: NoMethodError occurred, Undefined Method 'draw_text_shaded_later' for #<bitmap:0x3ab68f0>".  It might be 1.8 since you have been heavily modifying it for the Party AI lately, I'm not sure.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Sure, no problem. That's why I made every add-on separate, you can easily delete the ones you don't need for whatever reason. Yeah, EQUAP could be causing problems.

Phasedscar

Ok, I changed the order I mentioned above slightly so that Tons of Addons is below Blizz-ABS and it removed that one error.  I had modified Tons to contain Multi_Drop, HPSPPLUS and Multi_Hit.  Didn't alter the code on any of the lines of actual code in those addons, just a little bit of the databases.

Blizzard

January 23, 2008, 06:37:32 pm #9 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:40:08 pm by Blizzard
Alright then. :) That deserves a power up, don't you think? ^_^

Phasedscar

Haha, now I just need the sound from Soldiers of Fortune..  "FOOD!"

Blizzard

January 26, 2008, 12:19:25 pm #11 Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 12:20:05 pm by Blizzard
BTW, you should get 1.89. And the problem with the font was the shaded text add-on which Blizz-ABS had to test if it's there. Best you add the add-on above Blizz-ABS.

EDIT:

Updated to v1.2b.

Spoofus

woot....  ;D you added the stat bonuses yay!! i guess asking does help out lol

Phasedscar

It is awesome, I would have mentioned it myself except you already had lol.

Good Job btw Blizz, it's working great for me now.

Caro Ru Lushe

:D Finally, it is able to make Chaos Drives be learned! <3

*Power Up*

Spoofus

hmmm i was wondering if it would be possible to have it to where you can learn passive skills that raise your stats permanently
example:
thew player is a theif class and learns
a skill named Hawk's Grace( adds +5 AGL) and changes his class to
warrior, and he looses that skills stat raise until he changes back and then he would get the skill bounus again

Blizzard

You mean like specific skills that additionally increase the stats when in the right class?

Spoofus

yeah exactly..you right on te mooney

Phasedscar

February 22, 2008, 07:25:28 pm #18 Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:27:24 pm by Phasedscar
I decided to make a common event for custom class stat increases.  Basically it's just a series of variables that I'm using to increase the stats based on the character level.
Works like this:

Control Variables: [001: current_level] = [Character]'s Level
Conditional Branch: Variable [001: current_level] == [002: next_level]
    Control Variables: [002: next_level] = Variable [001: Current_level]
    Control Variables: [002: next_level] += 1
     Condition Branch: [003: class] == ?? (a constant variable to determine your class, should be done when you use an activation event) 
         HP +10
         STR +10
    End
etc.
   Wait 1
Else
   Wait 1
End

This wont work unless I make an event where 002: next_level will have the same or higher requirement then the character's current level.  It's pretty simple and straight forward but it will allow for a linear increase in stats.  I would however like to also have learned abilities to increase stats that can be learned.

You can do it through a simple condition branch in a common event, the harder part is making sure that you do not have it repeat the increase.

Conditional Branch: [Character] is [Skill1] learned.
   Conditional Branch: Variable [004: HP_increase] == 0
      HP + 10
      Control Variable: [004: HP_increase] == 1
End
Conditional Branch: [Character] is [Skill2] learned.
   Conditional Branch: Variable [005: SP_increase] == 0
      SP + 10
      Control Variable: [005: SP_increase == 1]
End

Comment: You can also use these as a linear learning path, so you can reuse the same variable to say, make a skill better.

Conditional Branch: [Character] is [Skill1rank2] learned.
Conditional Branch: Variable [003: HP_increase] == 1
   HP + 10
   Control Variable: [003: HP_increase] == 2
End

Not that for each unique skill not associated to the stat increase skill, you should add a new variable.  You should also make a unique skill for each rank to keep it from going further down your tree when you do not wish it too.  You can also remove the skill from your skill list on your character, but be careful in how the Control Variable works so that if you want it to repeatedly increase your stats it wont stop on the Conditional Branch: Variable [001: ??] == ?

You will also have to make a new set of conditional branches for each character, but if you plan on having unique skills to each character that wont take long.

Also, be sure to put in a wait command at the very bottom of the common event script to keep it from looping too bast and stalling your game.  Generally speaking a Wait 1 or Wait 2 is the best choice since it's still fast but throttles the scripts run speed down to a finite amount

Blizzard

This looks nice. Why don't you post it in the Event Systems section? :)

Spoofus

hey Blizz i noticed that if you use the current script of this that when you lvl. up while using your ABS the HP and SP doesnt upgrade in the hud
until you go into the menu and then it will upgrade....

i thought you might want to know this cause i just upgraded to the newest version of this and i i was testing my game and realized this

Blizzard

I see. Thanks for reporting that glitch, I'll fix it ASAP. It's most probably just a few lines of code.

Faint

1st.  Ok I am trying to set up this script and I was wondering how do I go about making it so when you select the skill option from the menu it takes you to the skill learning menu aka Scene. I know to call it you use $scene = Scene_SkillChange.new but where do I place it so it displays that and not the regular skill menu.

2nd.  Is there a way to make the skills you set for this system have requirements? What I am trying to say is, is it possible to make it so in order to learn certain skills you have to have learned some prerequisit skills?

Blizzard

May 31, 2008, 08:39:09 am #23 Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:28:05 am by Blizzard
1. I'm not sure what you mean, but if you want to add an option to the normal menu that allows you to enter the scene, read this topic under 6. a). It explains how to do that.

2. I haven't implemented that. But it's a good idea. I will add that in a future release. I just don't know when I will find the time. Since it is a simple edit, I might do it in the next couple of days when I find a couple of minutes of free time.

3. I am sorry, but I had to disable posting for guests due to repeated spamming. You will have to register if you want to post.

EDIT:

@Faint: I got wasterd on both friday and saturday and my mind wasn't able to be productive yesterday, so I made the edit in the script that you wanted. Now skills can have other skills as requirement. Keep in mind that this won't be displayed in the screen, though. As I said, my brain was in a state of vegetation and the center for creative interface design wasn't working. xD

[Faint]

June 08, 2008, 02:04:59 am #24 Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 04:46:38 am by [Faint]
Finally it let me register!!
Anyways I am thankful to you for editing the script for me but I as wondering, is it possible so that it doesnt even show the name/icon and description of the skills that have prerequiste skills until the prerequistes have been met? Basically what I am saying is make it so the player does not know the skill exists until they learn all prereq's.
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

Blizzard

June 08, 2008, 09:42:43 am #25 Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:09:12 am by Blizzard
Sure. I'll edit the script and make that an optional feature, just give me a couple of minutes. :)

EDIT: There you go. :)

[Faint]

June 08, 2008, 12:26:39 pm #26 Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:38:48 pm by [Faint]
Edit: wow I feel really dumb..... I forgot to set HIDE_SKILLS to true XD so yea ignore the question lol.

ok thanks a bunch for that. but how would I go about setting it up? I mean I have a skill set up with prereq's but when I test the game that skill appears as the disabled_color still instead of not being there. Sorry if I am being a pain in the butt I am trying to learn while getting help lol.

shdwlink1993

Blizz, I note that the compatability check is still "$ro_jobskill_clone = 1.2". You might want that to be 1.4, since that is the current version. ::)
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Blizzard

June 15, 2008, 07:36:23 am #28 Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 07:37:03 am by Blizzard
Not true! D: *fixes before anybody notices that he's bluffing* (^_^')

zchin131

Do you think that you could make the script also work in the menu screen and I am having a hard time with the instruction especially when it said to Press ctrl+f .My question is where to press it can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aqua

Quote from: zchin131 on June 26, 2008, 04:27:52 pm
Do you think that you could make the script also work in the menu screen and I am having a hard time with the instruction especially when it said to Press ctrl+f .My question is where to press it can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off... >.< so many !'s.

Ctrl+F is the find function of Windows (and maybe some other OS but not Mac).  So when you paste in the script, press Ctrl+F, and type in "START RO Skill Database", and... yeah :)  do what the script says.

Starrodkirby86

June 26, 2008, 05:36:07 pm #31 Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:45:28 pm by Starrodkirby86
Quote from: zchin131 on June 26, 2008, 04:27:52 pm
Do you think that you could make the script also work in the menu screen and I am having a hard time with the instruction especially when it said to Press ctrl+f .My question is where to press it can someone help me please!
If you mean that you want the script to be an extra choice in the Menu screen, then I think I can help you with that (Though this is all through presumptions, so this will probably not be correct. Someone get me a real scripter that knows what he is doing).

There's one part of the script in Scene_Menu. It should be pretty obvious:
  def main
    # Make command window
    s1 = $data_system.words.item
    s2 = $data_system.words.skill
    s3 = $data_system.words.equip
    s4 = "Status"
    s5 = "Save"
    s6 = "End Game"
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6])
    @command_window.index = @menu_index

See the s1, s2, s3, and so forth? These are all choices, and such. Add in another one so it'll look like this:
  def main
    # Make command window
    s1 = $data_system.words.item
    s2 = $data_system.words.skill
    s3 = $data_system.words.equip
    s4 = "Status"
    s5 = "Job System"
    s6 = "Save"
    s7 = "End Game"
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7])
    @command_window.index = @menu_index
(By the way, I have no idea what to do with the 160...I'm assuming it's a width or of that sort...I want someone to help me in the case.)

Now, there should be this part.
  def update_command
    # If B button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # Play cancel SE
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # Switch to map screen
      $scene = Scene_Map.new
      return
    end
    # If C button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      # If command other than save or end game, and party members = 0
      if $game_party.actors.size == 0 and @command_window.index < 4
        # Play buzzer SE
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.buzzer_se)
        return
      end
      # Branch by command window cursor position
      case @command_window.index
      when 0  # item
        # Play decision SE
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
        # Switch to item screen
        $scene = Scene_Item.new
      when 1  # skill
        # Play decision SE
        # Make status window active
        @command_window.active = false
        @status_window.active = true
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 2  # equipment
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 3  # status
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 4  # save
        # If saving is forbidden
        if $game_system.save_disabled
          # Play buzzer SE
          return
        end
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to save screen
        $scene = Scene_Save.new
      when 5  # end game
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to end game screen
        $scene = Scene_End.new
      end
      return
    end
  end
This is the transfer from the s1-6 to what they actually do. Now, since there'll be seven choices, we have to change the numbers. Along with that, we need to add in the Ragnarok thingie. It will probably look like this.
  def update_command
    # If B button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # Play cancel SE
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # Switch to map screen
      $scene = Scene_Map.new
      return
    end
    # If C button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      # If command other than save or end game, and party members = 0
      if $game_party.actors.size == 0 and @command_window.index < 4
        # Play buzzer SE
        return
      end
      # Branch by command window cursor position
      case @command_window.index
      when 0  # item
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to item screen
        $scene = Scene_Item.new
      when 1  # skill
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 2  # equipment
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 3  # status
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 4  # RO System
        # Play decision SE
        # Launch RO System
        $scene = Scene_SkillChange.new
      when 5  # save
        # If saving is forbidden
        if $game_system.save_disabled
          # Play buzzer SE
          return
        end
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to save screen
        $scene = Scene_Save.new
      when 6  # end game
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to end game screen
        $scene = Scene_End.new
      end
      return
    end
  end
*(I have no clue what goes here...I'm assuming the name, which I'm inputting as Scene_RO.)*

That SHOULD be it...Hopefully. I'm wondering if I even did that right...XD

If someone is actually going to use this...I recommend they do it manually instead of a CP from here...Considering I probably failed. :\

EDIT: Aqua helped me with a little. Still think it sucks though. I made such blind fool-hearty errors. Or else I'm just downing myself.

EDIT2: Made dumbest mistake here...o.o;

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

If you have problems with the instructions that SRK86 gave you, find the thread titles "Blizzard's little tricks" in the Tutorials section. I think the chapter was 6 a) tha describes how to add a new option into the menu.

Memor-X

hay Blizz, i noticed that when you chnage the class in this, the skills you've learned are still around, is there a way that i can set it up so that when you change your class, so does your skills, here's an example

Black Mage learns attack magic, white mage learn healing magic, when you switch between the 2, any skills you've learned as a Black Mage are losed while the ones you've learned as a White Magic are agained, kinda like when you chnage class in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Blizzard

August 05, 2008, 06:29:46 am #34 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:38:49 am by Blizzard
I thought I added that already. O_o I'll add that after I have released Blizz-ABS v1.99, it's an easy edit.

EDIT: There you go.

Tanklinbitz

Hey blizz, I was just wondering if it were possible to make the char. image change with the class. Example: Fighter changes to mage class. Char. image changes from the char. wearing a fighter's outfit to one of the char. wearing a mage outfit. Kinda like in FF tactics.

Blizzard

I could make that possible in a later version. You would need an image for each character and each class though. That means actor_number * class_number images when you sum it up.
It should be rather simple. I will see if I can find a couple of minutes free time in the next few days to implement it.

Satoh

October 25, 2008, 10:51:22 pm #37 Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:52:28 pm by Satoh
Quote from: Tanklinbitz on October 25, 2008, 10:10:02 pm
Hey blizz, I was just wondering if it were possible to make the char. image change with the class. Example: Fighter changes to mage class. Char. image changes from the char. wearing a fighter's outfit to one of the char. wearing a mage outfit. Kinda like in FF tactics.

Lol, kinda like RO as well.......

Quote from: Bugs Bunny on October 25, 2008, 10:21:08 pm
I could make that possible in a later version. You would need an image for each character and each class though. That means actor_number * class_number images when you sum it up.
It should be rather simple. I will see if I can find a couple of minutes free time in the next few days to implement it.

You could use a layering system like the Visible Equipment script, have the bodies be for the class, and the heads be for the characters.... like RO even more still.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

Visual equipment can be more complicated, though.

Satoh

but it would cut down on the number of resources needing to be made....

Either way it was only a suggestion.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Tanklinbitz

Hey blizz, another couple of things.

1. When I change from one mage class to another that uses the same armor and/or weapons it just duplicates the items.Example: Black Mage and White Mage both use a bronze rod. I change to Black Mage class. I equip the bronze rod. Then I switch to the White Mage. I go to the equip screen and I have the bronze rod equip and it says I have another in my inventory. It does it like every time I switch. I was wondering if there was a part of the code I overlooked that was suppost to stop it from happening.

2. I had an idea and I'm not sure how hard it would be to do. Like have it so you have to master 2 classes to change into a certain class. Like for a paladin you have to be like a lvl 15 warrior and a lvl 15 White Mage. Something like that. If its too much trouble to do then I can live with it as it is now.

Blizzard

1. o.o I will look into that.

2. Combined class requirements? I'll see what I can do.

Tanklinbitz

Hey blizz, sorry but I've got another thing. With the whole changing the char image, is there a way to make a hidden accessory, and then change that accessory with the class. I was thinking of just using the visual equip script and then make an accessory for each class then set the class image to that accessory. If i can make the accessory hidden then the player couldn't change it, and if the accessory changes with the class then the char. image will change with the class.

Blizzard

You're overcomplicating things unnecessarily.

legacyblade

Quote from: Tanklinbitz on October 26, 2008, 10:16:23 pm
2. I had an idea and I'm not sure how hard it would be to do. Like have it so you have to master 2 classes to change into a certain class. Like for a paladin you have to be like a lvl 15 warrior and a lvl 15 White Mage. Something like that. If its too much trouble to do then I can live with it as it is now.

Well, it's not as feature rich as this job system, but that's how my class change system works.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1688.0

I'm going to upload my updated script later today.

rgangsta

I get this error everytime I activate NGP.
:'(
HELP

Blizzard

That's not a problem with my script.

Aqua

How are you accessing the skill learning screen?

Btw... when you insert images... you're supposed to put the .png file into the image (and spoiler) tags, not the .php.  The way you do now is not an image and cannot be opened.

The ones you put are a .php file with _GET info that just ends in .png; it's not the actual image itself.

So either just put that link there or get the real .png.

Kagutsuchi

December 08, 2008, 06:21:15 pm #48 Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:29:09 am by Kagutsuchi
I blame imageshack for being confusing :ninja: (I removed my previous post)

When I try to access the skill learning screen I get this error:

I am accessing the skill learning screen from an event, using call script. "$scene = Scene_SkillChange.new"
(without the ")

The part of the script I've edited:
#==============================================================================
# module BlizzCFG
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This module serves for configuration in my scripts and for consistency.
#==============================================================================

module BlizzCFG

#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
# START Configuration
  INIT_JP = 1
  LVL1_POWER = 50
  LVL1_COST = 200
  LVLUP_RATE = 20
  EXP_RATIO = 20
  RESET_LVLS = false
  JOB_ONLY = false
  USE_LEVEL = false
  USE_ALL = false
  CLASS_SKILLS = false
  HIDE_SKILLS = false
  RO_RIGHT = false
  EVASION = 'EVA'
  UP_COLOR = Color.new(0, 255, 0) # (R, G, B)
  DOWN_COLOR = Color.new(255, 0, 0) # (R, G, B)
  CD_SKILLS = [70, 80]
# END Configuration

def self.roskill_maxlevel(id)
    case id
# START RO Skill Database
#
#   You can define the max level of each skill here. Use following template to
#   set up your configuration:
#
#     when ID then return NUMBER
#
#   ID     - the skill ID
#   NUMBER - the maximum level
#
#   Note that using values lower than 1 WILL CAUSE BUGS! Default value is 1 and
#   skills that are not defined here will have the default value automatically
#   applied.
    when 1 then return 10
    when 21 then return 9
    when 60 then return 1
# END RO Skill Database
    end
    return 1
  end

def self.roskill_reqs(id)
    case id
# START RO Skill Requirement Database
#
#   You have the option to make skills require not only a specific level, but
#   other skills and their levels as well. Such a skill will not appear in the
#   list of skills until all requirements are met.
#   Use following template to set up your configuration:
#
#     when ID then return [[SKILL_ID1, MIN_LEVEL1], [SKILL_ID2, MIN_LEVEL2], ...]
#
#   ID        - the skill ID
#   SKILL_ID  - ID of the required skill
#   MIN_LEVEL - minimum required level of the required skill
#
#   You can add as many requirements as you want, separate them with commas.
    when 21 then return [[1, 9]]
# END RO Skill Requirement Database
    end
    return []
  end

def self.rojob_maxlevel(id)
    case id
# START RO Job Database
#
#   You can define the max level of each job here. Use following template to
#   set up your configuration:
#
#     when ID then return NUMBER
#
#   ID     - the class ID
#   NUMBER - the maximum level
#
#   Note that using values lower than 1 WILL CAUSE BUGS! Default value is 1 and
#   jobs that are not defined here will have the default value automatically
#   applied.
    when 1 then return 70
# END RO Job Database
    end
    return 1
  end

def self.rojob_next(id)
    case id
# START RO Job-Connection Database
#   
#   Here you can define job change trees. When you have one job active you can
#   change to any other job that is defined here. It is possible to define
#   recursive trees where a class can be changed back as well without problems.
#   Use following template to set up your configuration:
#
#     when ID then return [[MIN_LEVEL1, NEW_ID1], [MIN_LEVEL2, NEW_ID2], ...]
#
#   ID        - the current class ID
#   MIN_LEVEL - minimum level required to be allowed to change
#   NEW_ID    - the ID of the new class
#
#   You can add as many next classes as you want, separate them with commas.
    when 0 then return [[0, 0]]
# END RO Job-Connection Database
    end
    return [[]]
  end

def self.job_stat_mod(id)
    p_maxhp = p_maxsp = p_str = p_dex = p_agi = p_int = 0
    m_maxhp = m_maxsp = m_str = m_dex = m_agi = m_int = 1.0
    case id
# START Job Stat Modifier Database
#   
#   You are able to set up modifiers for actor stats that change depending on
#   the current job. Use following template to set up your configuration:
#
#     when ID
#       p_maxhp = PLUS
#       p_maxsp = PLUS
#       p_str = PLUS
#       p_dex = PLUS
#       p_agi = PLUS
#       p_int = PLUS
#       m_maxhp = MULTI
#       m_maxsp = MULTI
#       m_str = MULTI
#       m_dex = MULTI
#       m_agi = MULTI
#       m_int = MULTI
#
#     ID    - the current class ID
#     PLUS  - an integer value (default is 0)
#     MULTI - a decimal value (default is 1.0)
#
#   The values that have p_ before that name are static modifiers. For example,
#   if you use 100, then the given stat will increase by 100 if the actor has
#   the given class. If you use -200, then it will decrease by 200 from the
#   actor's basis.
#   The values that have m_ before that name are dynamic modifiers. For
#   example, if you use 1.1, then the given stat will increase by 10% if the
#   actor has the given class. If you use 0.8, then it will decrease by 20%
#   from the actor's basis.
#   
# Note:
#   
#   It might be a good idea to create a neutral class if you are using this
#   feature. If you don't set up a class here, then the default values will be
#   applied. Keep in mind that first all static modifiers will be applied and
#   afterwards the dynamic modifiers.
    when 1
      p_maxhp = 0
      p_maxsp = 0
      p_str = 0
      p_dex = 0
      p_agi = 0
      p_int = 0
      m_maxhp = 1
      m_maxsp = 1
      m_str = 1
      m_dex = 1
      m_agi = 1
      m_int = 1
# END RO Job Stat Modifier Database

Edit: I tested the class change screen, and it worked without problems.

Edit2: I found out that it was because I had forgotten to add one of the skills my character was going to learn to the list of learning skills ^^;;
However I still get the problem, but now I get it when I try to learn the skill :(

The part where the error occurs:
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # draw_item
  #  i     - index
  #  color - font color
  #  Draws a specific skill and the level requirement to learn it.
  def draw_item(i, color = nil)
    lvl = (BlizzCFG::USE_LEVEL ? @actor.level : @actor.job_level)
    # decide color depending on which level is used
    if !BlizzCFG::HIDE_SKILLS && (lvl < @commands.level || # <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        BlizzCFG.roskill_reqs(@commands.skill_id).any? {|r|
             !@actor.skills.include?(r[0]) || @actor.skill_level(r[0]) < r[1]})
      self.contents.font.color = disabled_color
    else
      self.contents.font.color = normal_color
    end
    # get rectangle
    rect = Rect.new(32, 32*i, self.contents.width - 36, 32)
    # get icon bitmap
    bitmap = RPG::Cache.icon($data_skills[@commands.skill_id].icon_name)
    opacity = self.contents.font.color == normal_color ? 255 : 128
    # draw bitmap
    self.contents.blt(4, 4+32*i, bitmap, Rect.new(0, 0, 24, 24), opacity)
    self.contents.fill_rect(rect, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 0))
    # draw name and requirement if not using the hiding option
    self.contents.draw_text(rect, $data_skills[@commands.skill_id].name)
    unless BlizzCFG::HIDE_SKILLS
      self.contents.draw_text(rect, "(Lv #{@commands.level})", 2)
    end
  end

Blizzard

Kagutsuchi

I just think I should say that I don't think it is something wrong with the script. It is either that I have forgot to add something, like I forgot to add one of the skills my character were supposed to learn, or that it isn't compatible with some of the scripts I am using.

Blizzard

Then you should test it alone and with your custom scripts enabled.

Are your scripts in the right order, BTW? http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=23.0

Kagutsuchi

After trying to re-implement the system, I get this error.

I have found out that it got something to do with your Chaos Rage Limit System, because when I remove it, the RO Job/Skill System starts working. CRLS is very important to me, so I'd be glad if you could fix it blizz :) (I have tried to upgrade to the latest version)

(I am using it in my The World R:3 project, and I have the CTLS thingie which makes CRLS work with blizz abs)

Blizzard

Kagutsuchi

I decided to temporary remove the CRSL system, until you had hopefully fixed it, but now I encounter this problem when the characters try to execute a skill.

(Skill learning script = RO Job/Skill System)

I suspect this might mean that it isn't compatible with blizz abs :( I am hoping you can fix this too. (Please prioritize getting the RO Job/skill system compatible with blizz abs, rather than the crsl system)

Blizzard

Ok, THAT'S weird. O_o But I think I know what the problem is. I changed how the SP consumption works in Blizz-ABS. I didn't update this script for quite some time so it's probable that it needs to be updated. I'll get to it as soon as I release CP Beta.

Kagutsuchi

Ok good ^^ Glad to hear it will be fixed quickly ^^ (Yeah, I think there might have been something with the sp, cause when I opened the hotkey list the cost of the skills was still the original cost, and when I put them into the quick button the amount of times I could use it before running out of mana didn't show either.)

Blizzard

Then I should probably get back to work on CP Beta. xD

Kagutsuchi

Yes, I'd really love to be able to be on schedule with the demo of my game without having to cut out too much stuff that isn't completed yet ^^;;

themrmystery

Okay, maybe I'm just not reading the instructions right but, or I don't know a very common event script but here goes:

How do you force an actor to learn a skill?

I do not mean the raise skill level, as that method works fine, the only problem is, for instance in your demo (Leg Sweep: 061), when you talk to the pig, he raises the level, and you can have skill ranks maxed out at 3 of 3, and still not actually KNOW the skill, you just can spend a job point to learn it now at max level.  I want the pig guy to actually make you learn the skill, without having to spend job points.

Thanks.

Aqua

There's an event command that does this. :)

You could also use
ACTOR[ACT].learn_skill(ID)

Where ACTOR is either from $game_actors or $game_party
ACT is the actor ID (begins with 1 with $game_actors but 0 with $game_party)
and ID is the skill ID.

$game_actors[1].learn_skill(1)

Would make Arshes learn Heal.

themrmystery

I feel like an idiot, ugh.  I've been working on my very first script for like the past week or more, and completely forgot how to actually make simple events.

Thanks though, haha, that works very easily. =P

Blizzard

themrmystery

February 13, 2009, 11:35:45 am #63 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:49:10 am by themrmystery
Question about the Skill Levels / Power Cost:

This may just be a bug, if so, might be worth fixing? Or if not possible to fix, so be it =)

When setting the power cost for level 1; normally as per your instructions your set it higher... 150% or 200% and the cost reduces as you spend more job points into it...

ie) 200 SP cost at 1, 175 SP cost at 2... etc..

My problem is I want to work a backward method, and I set the cost to be less than 100%, which works... I also use low power for my skills... sooo

At level 1 your character has anywhere from 5-10 SP
Your first level skill has a max SP of 50, and a level 1 cost of 10%

So: Aluxes has 5 SP and has a skill at 50(10%) = 5 SP cost
(this part of the script works fine)

The problem is, the skill doesn't become "usable" in combat UNTIL you get 50 SP on your actor.... once used the skill properly takes away only 5.  I just need the skills to be activated while the player has 5-49 SP ant not 50, as long as the modified cost is in his SP range.

I hope I explained that well enough. But basically, my actors sit there with 10 SP and a skill costing 5 SP, and can't use it, until their max gets to the upper limit.

Why do I need this?
To me it makes more sense that as a spell/skill gets more powerful and you get more total SP, it should cost more =)

Thanks!

Edit: Addition: I tried something simple, like this, but it gives me a no method defined error for skill_level

class Game_Battler
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Determine Usable Skills
  #     skill_id : skill ID
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def skill_can_use?(skill_id)
    # If there's not enough SP, the skill cannot be used.
    if $data_skills[skill_id].sp_cost > BlizzCFG::LVL1_POWER + (@actor.skill_level(@skill.id) - 1) *
          (100-BlizzCFG::LVL1_POWER) / (BlizzCFG.roskill_maxlevel(@skill.id) - 1)
      return false
    end
  end
end

Blizzard

February 13, 2009, 01:15:15 pm #64 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:19:21 pm by Blizzard
You are fixing one of two methods. You need to remove the "@actor." as you are calling the method from within the actor already.

The other place you need to edit is where the SP are consumed. You need to apply the same formula. Your formula is much easier to implement.

class Game_Battler
  alias skill_can_use_mod? skill_can_use?
    if self.is_a?(Game_Actor) &&
        $data_skills[skill_id].sp_cost * self.skill_level(skill_id) / BlizzCFG.roskill_maxlevel(skill_id) > self.sp
      return false
    end
    return skill_can_use_mod?(skill_id)
  end
end

themrmystery

I'm not quite sure I follow you.  When the SP cost is set below 100% so it uses less SP at lower levels, until it reaches it's max, at higher levels, it already correctly subtracts the smaller amount...

ie) if you have 15 SP max, the skill is at level 2 and costs 7 SP, and at level 10 the skill will cost 50 SP... currently, you can't use the skill (what I'm trying to fix)
but if you have 60 SP max, the skill is at lvl 2 and costs 7 SP, and at level 10 it still is 50 SP, the script lets you use the skill, and only takes away 7 SP

I realized my math was backwards, ie it was checking to see if your RO_skill_cost was less than the skill_id_max

So I changed it to read if RO_cost > self.sp   so if the modified cost is higher than your current SP? it's still not working, and I attempted to do what you said, but I'm a very novice scripter =/

class Game_Battler
  alias skill_can_use_mod? skill_can_use?
    if self.is_a?(Game_Actor) &&
        BlizzCFG::LVL1_POWER + (skill_level(@skill.id) - 1) *
          (100-BlizzCFG::LVL1_POWER) / (BlizzCFG.roskill_maxlevel(@skill.id) - 1) > self.sp
      return false
    end
    return skill_can_use_mod?(skill_id)
  end
end

Blizzard

As I said, there is anther location in the script where you need to edit calculation formula. Best you press CTRL+F and search for LVL1_POWER. There are actually two more places, but one is used in Blizz-ABS. I'll put it all in one place in the next version.

feandrad

Quote from: Kagutsuchi on February 07, 2009, 06:28:47 am
I decided to temporary remove the CRSL system, until you had hopefully fixed it, but now I encounter this problem when the characters try to execute a skill.

(Skill learning script = RO Job/Skill System)

I suspect this might mean that it isn't compatible with blizz abs :( I am hoping you can fix this too. (Please prioritize getting the RO Job/skill system compatible with blizz abs, rather than the crsl system)

I have the same problem, it's already fixed?? I put the script above the ABS and Tons and the skill works, but the SP cost is always the max.

Blizzard

ShadowPierce

->Excuse me but I seem to have a problem... I'd want this system to make one skill be acquired/learned by learning any of two or more skills... e.g. I want to learn "Stun Blow" by learning either level 3 "Sword Mastery" or level 3 "Axe Mastery"... If anyone still views this topic, please reply...

Please & thanks!!! ^^

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

October 15, 2009, 11:56:34 am #70 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:02:02 pm by Blizzard
The system only supports conjunctive skill prerequisites.

Translation: No OR requirements, only AND requirements. With the script alone it's not possible to make a skill be available through one set of skills OR another set of skills. Only 1 set is supported.

Calintz

Why would anyone want OR anyway??
That kind of doesn't make sense to me ...

legacyblade

While I wouldn't personally want it, I can see where he's coming from. Let's say you have a really strong move called "power attack" (excuse my lack of originality). Now you want this skill to be available to anyone who has trained hard in their specified weapon's good move (we'll call it "critical hit"). But there are multiple weapons with their own critical skill, but you still want the same power attack for both axe men and sword men. It makes sense to me why he'd want it, but I do think it's kind of pointless. Just have "Sword Power Attack" and "Axe Power Attack" as separate skills, and the whole issue is cleared up.

Blizzard

You can always use a parallel process common event for that. Just check if you have a skill learned and if you do, add another skill if it's not already there.

ShadowPierce

->Alright, I'll try it out... Thanks for replying...  :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

[Faint]

I love this script! I just have a couple questions.

1. How would you go about making passive skills that add boosts to stats based on what level the skills are and by passive I mean you don't have to use the skills.

2. How do you make a skill do different things based on its level. Example: a summoning skill that at level 1 summons one thing but at level 2 summons 2 things.

Blizzard

1. Tons supports a passive skill system, but it's not level dependent or something like that.

2. You can check the level with the script.

[Faint]

how would you go about setting it up? with a common event checking the level?

Blizzard

Sure. Whatever suits you. A common event would be a good idea if you plan on checking it repeatedly or at several places.

[Faint]

well would that be the best way to check it for using it in side view battle?

Blizzard

You can use troop events that call a common event each turn. I guess that would be the most logical way.

[Faint]

so would I have to put the troop event in every troop? that way it would always check so I could use different amounts of summons for the different lvls of the skill?

Blizzard

You can keep asking questions about every single step or you could just try it out and see for yourself. :P

The answers are yes and yes.

[Faint]

I was posting from a computer that didn't have RMXP lol, but thanks.

Holyrapid

If i´m right, this should be compatible with your FF2 style grow, right?
Anyway, i want to know, if i can make it so that in order to get new skills, or improve existing ones, you´d have to atleast certain stats at a certain level, i.e to learn fira, you´d first need to know fire (makes sense, and is doable) then i.e you´d need to have an intelligence of say, 55, and to be a mage. Is this possible?
Also, i assume this is compatible with your STCMS, Z-hud, G_G's EOS bar add-on to it, and auto targeting for BABS? And, sorry if these have been allready anserved. I did only read the first page...

Blizzard

How can it be "compatible" if in this system you gain job points when you gain levels and in the FF2 style grow you can't gain levels? -_- That's like asking for a boat that can drive on land.

Aqua

Holyrapid

Damn... Then is this compatible with Diablo Level Up? Because, i might then change to using that...

Blizzard

Well, I said "compatible" because you can always give out points with script calls without giving out levels.
But yeah, it works fine with my Stat Distribution System.

Blizzard

v1.6 is out. This should fix the problem with Blizz-ABS. I also realized that I haven't updated Blizz-ABS compatibility since version 1.0.9.0 alias v1.69.

X-Law

January 26, 2010, 08:34:34 pm #90 Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:04:33 am by X-Law
Hey
lol @ error found here
I was using Materia system for the skill development until i got some incompatibilities so i decided to set "JOB ONLY" to false and use the skill system from here aswell.
Then i got a strange error (not a error screen) I learn "heal" and then i tried using it from the menu and what got? The Buzzer SE instead of the skill sound and the character didn't healed and no SP used neither. But then i leave the skill menu (and the menu itself if using stormtronic) and when i get back my character got healed but there is no SP consumption.
Maybe i do something wrong? i tested it in the demo too. I added "heal" to Lancer class and learned it then put in the boy on the right to hurt Basil (-200 HP) then went to skill section and tried to heal Basil but got the same error :( So i think it's not a compatibility issue with my other scripts.
(i think i writed too much for reporting an error lol)
See ya.

AlbatrosStorm is on sale now!

Blizzard

Yeah, probably compatibility. Have you tried changing the script order? It might just work. Other than that, I'm not going to make this compatible with Seph's Materia System, sorry. :/

X-Law

I think i didn't explained myself very well :^_^':
this is not a compaibility issue. I tried in the demo from this post (so just with this script, nothing more) and the error still happens. You "can't" use skills from the menu.
Oh another glitch i found is that when you use the bonus in classes to decrease a parameter like HP or SP then if you select that class you see that your MaxHP (or SP) got decreased but the current HP (or SP) remain the same until you try to heal that char. So you can see something like this  "HP    700/500" lol i think it just should do a check in those parameters when they get altered.
See ya.

Blizzard

Ah, well, then it's not compatible. :/

X-Law

January 27, 2010, 05:56:40 am #94 Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:22:38 am by X-Law
lol
compatible with? :huh:

_____
Anyway this is what i'm trying to say just check this demo ^^
http://www.sendspace.com/file/75b8k1

Blizzard

I meant it's not working right. xD

X-Law

oh i see lol.
It's easy to "repair" then?

Blizzard

Sorry, I kept thinking this was another thread. >.<

If you can't use skills from the menu, then you haven't set the skills in RMXP to be usable from the menu.
I'll fix the max HP/SP thing. It's because the max HP/SP aren't set using the method, but their base calculation is affected.

X-Law

QuoteIf you can't use skills from the menu, then you haven't set the skills in RMXP to be usable from the menu.

Please Blizzard try the demo i uploaded then say such a obvious thing :roll:. I know i'm a noob but not that much. The Heal skill from the database i think is configured already to use in the menu so...
Besides if you set "ONLY_JOB" to "true" you get no problem using it in the menu. The problem is coming when using the skill system too.

Blizzard

I was going to take a look at it when I was going to fix it.
I didn't mean to imply that you're a noob, but people make mistakes. I made some stupid mistakes myself and I still sometimes do.

X-Law

yeah i know i was joking about the noob thing (but still i'm a noob lol). I know people make mistakes that's why before come to report an error i test at least five times everything to be sure that's an error and not a mistake made by me (that's why i used the default Heal skill that is configured already)

Blizzard

And I need to ask a few questions first because I need the proper feedback before I can go on fixing. xD
As I said, I'll fix it ASAP then.

X-Law

Roger that! ^^
Thanks i'll be waiting for this :)

X-Law

Sorry for double-posting
but i really want to know.. any advancement on this? (i mean fixing the problem)
thanks.

Blizzard

February 15, 2010, 05:12:01 am #104 Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:19:38 am by Blizzard
I'll do it this week.

EDIT: Done.

Kett Shee

Very cool script. :) Is there a way that you could change the actor sprite? E.g. like in FF Tactics.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Blizzard

Kett Shee

Like a map sprite set for each class change(knight, mage, etc.)
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Blizzard

X-Law

Hey  :haha:
I noticed that when you set CLASS_SKILLS to true and you go and change your class, you forget the learned skills. But when you come back to that class you don't obtain the skills you learned before. So you just lost your JP.
It's possible to make that when you return to any class where you already learned any skill, you obtain automatically that skill (with it's level)?
Something similar to FFX-2 or FFXIII where you can learn skill from a class and then change to another one and develop that class then when you have it 100% developed you want to change to another and develop that one too without loosing the development made in any other class.

Blizzard

I have no time to implement that.

Lakieth

I get a error in line 528 no method error occurred undefined method []for nil:NilClass

All the other addons i have are
leons shop system
your skill system
and A3ds battle results
in that order

Blizzard

Quote# Compatibility:
#   
#   95% compatible with SDK v1.x, 60% compatible with SDK v2.x. Can cause
#   incompatibility issues with other exotic Skill Systems, CMS-es and CBS-es.
#   Fully compatible with Blizz-ABS, not compatible with Mr. Mo's ABS. WILL
#   corrupt old savegames.

Betown

When I use skill(using babs) mp cost equal to mastered skill cost. (if lv1 mp cost<100?)

mp cost problems could resolve by editing skill_can_use? method in game_battler 3,

but another error occurs, "undefined method 'get_skill_sp_cost_factor' for:Nilclass"

this method is already defined in script, I don't know what is wrong.

this is my setting

INIT_JP = 0
  LVL1_POWER = 5
  LVL1_COST = 5
  LVLUP_RATE = 2
  EXP_RATIO = 100
  RESET_LVLS = false
  JOB_ONLY = false
  USE_LEVEL = true
  USE_ALL = false
  CLASS_SKILLS = !false
  HIDE_SKILLS = true
  RO_RIGHT = false
  EVASION = 'EVA'
  CD_SKILLS = []

Rudely,
Sorry for disturbing you, but please help me :<

Blizzard

Make sure your scripts are all up to date.

Memor-X

April 20, 2010, 09:21:21 pm #115 Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:35:08 pm by Memor-X
is there a way to have classes unlock though a call script, like unlocking a class because of an event and not because of it's level (like in Final Fantasy Tatics Advance 2)

EDIT: or point me where in the script it checks if the skill is unlocked because of it's level

Blizzard

Bryght

July 14, 2010, 08:22:14 pm #117 Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:23:38 pm by Bryght
Hey there,

great script ! but i'd like to ask some questions  :^_^':

Is there a way to disable the JOB system, but only enable Skills System ?

I think that aint' possible, so...
Otherwise what settings should I enter if I want the Job Level to increase exactly like the Normal Level ?
        LVLUP_RATE = ?
        EXP_RATIO = ? (100 I guess ?)

so that when I level up, i earn 1 skill point (and 1 joblevel), just like in Diablo2 !

Thanks !  :shy:

Blizzard

Honestly, I don't remember anymore. But I think LVLUP_RATE was working the same way as inflation for EXP, so try 30 (default inflation). And yes, EXP_RATIO should be 100.

ojp2010

Is this script compatible with RMX-OS? 

Blizzard

You need to define additional save data.

ojp2010

Quote from: Blizzard on August 31, 2010, 02:44:53 am
You need to define additional save data.

I thought I may have too.

So something like this? Not sure if those are what need to be defined or not.

if !defined?(RMXOS) || RMXOS::VERSION < 1.09
  raise 'ERROR: The "Blizz-ABS Controller" requires RMX-OS 1.09 or higher.'
end
module RMXOS
  module Options
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@skill_level')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job level')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job exp')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job points')
  end
end

Blizzard

Yeah, something like this. Just make sure you use proper capitalization and don't forget characters such as _ (underscore).
You don't really need that first part that checks whether RMX-OS is installed or not. I only use that so scripts that depend on other scripts will tell the user to add the other script or else it won't work at all.

ojp2010

August 31, 2010, 10:32:52 am #123 Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:48:39 pm by ojp2010
Quote from: Blizzard on August 31, 2010, 10:25:53 am
Yeah, something like this. Just make sure you use proper capitalization and don't forget characters such as _ (underscore).
You don't really need that first part that checks whether RMX-OS is installed or not. I only use that so scripts that depend on other scripts will tell the user to add the other script or else it won't work at all.

Alright thanks I will have to look up what the actually name of the variables that need saved are. But for now time for class. Thank you for the speedy response.

EDIT: This is what I have come up with so far
module RMXOS
  module Options
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job_level')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job_exp')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job_level_change')
  end
end

I am having a hard time deterring what the data name is for things that need to be saved. I know; current job levels, current skill levels, current job experience and current skill experience, are what need to be saved I just can't seem to get the right ('@blah_blah.blah').

Holyrapid

Hi. I got this sorta of error
when i tried using leg sweep in the demo.
What's wrong?

Blizzard

September 04, 2010, 04:02:52 am #125 Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:37:03 am by Blizzard
I'll look into it.

EDIT: There you go, it's fixed. It was only necessary to change "skill_max_level" to "skill_max_level?". It was a typo on my part.

Holyrapid

So, i apparently can fix this my self. Thanks.

shintashi

October 25, 2010, 01:15:09 am #127 Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:28:35 am by shintashi
I found this script while looking for a way to do skill levels. I've never done RO before but the description of this script looked amazing. When I read the instructions though, I must say I was a bit overwhelmed.

# START RO Skill Database
#
#   You can define the max level of each skill here. Use following template to
#   set up your configuration:
#
#     when ID then return NUMBER
#
#   ID     - the skill ID
#   NUMBER - the maximum level

First of all, is this thing referencing skill numbers from the data base or are the skills all made from scratch? Second, can someone provide a sample template(s) of what goes in this Database? I haven't the foggiest clue what's supposed to go in there, or anywhere else. The whole "when # then return #" is a bit confusing, all I know for certain is the characters start with no skills and I have no idea how to set up this job thing.

Thanks for any assistance.

Holyrapid

I'll try to explain. Look at the code under this:
when id then return NUMBER
Simply means this: when database id (say 1) then return NUMBER (maximum level, say three). So with those examples, it would look like this:
when 1 then return 3

Now your Heal (or what ever is the first skill in your database) would have a maximum of three levels. It's that simple really...

shintashi

October 25, 2010, 08:13:01 pm #129 Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:35:15 pm by shintashi
Quote from: DesPKP on October 25, 2010, 02:58:39 am
I'll try to explain. Look at the code under this:
when id then return NUMBER
Simply means this: when database id (say 1) then return NUMBER (maximum level, say three). So with those examples, it would look like this:
when 1 then return 3

Now your Heal (or what ever is the first skill in your database) would have a maximum of three levels. It's that simple really...

That makes sense. I tried when 1 then return 20, and then tried setting Alusis (the fighter) with heal (skill #1) through the data base, but his skill list (along with the others) was blank.

Edit: I tried "$scene = Scene_SkillChange.new" in an event and the menu came up, allowing me to spend points to buy skills and view their levels, but is there a way to view a character's actual skill levels from their skill or status menu?

Additionally: I get a script error when I try to use the heal spell "line 915" or so, "undefined local variable or method 'actor' for (Scene Battle+gibberish). Has anyone else received this error?

Spoofus

a rather dumb question here,
does this script work with EQUAP?
i'm wondering if this does or not due to how im doing my protagonist skills
he/she learns skills from equipment then is able to level them

Blizzard

I haven't tested it, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Just try it out and you'll see.

Spoofus

it does work well with this actually you can upgrade the skill being learned through EQUAP while learning it
which is nice actually

gotta love compatibility

Blizzard

Quote from: Spoofus on November 01, 2010, 03:00:40 pm
you can upgrade the skill being learned through EQUAP while learning it

Spoofus

welp while doing battle testing i got this error while using skills in battle

i did disable EQUAP and still got it
and if i put this script below TONS like in the list order no text for the skills or items show up

Blizzard

You should put it below Tons. There's just a problem with the font. Try turning on the Ultimate Font Override.

Spoofus

November 02, 2010, 04:35:06 am #136 Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:08:17 am by Spoofus
if you put it below TONs the skills wont even show up in the stormtronics menu either you cant even select the skills or anything
it's like they dont exist,but the weird thing is if you put this script above tons the skills show up and work.
you can use the skills through the menu just fine but in battle you get the error.

i do have font override on too, i dunno what could be causing the problem i have taken out other scripts i have to see if they was causing it and still end up with the same results.

i could put up my scripts.rxdata to see if anyone else gets this problem too(i am still testing as i posted this)
EDIT:
after a long session of testing for the error i have found out,this script is not fully compatible with EQUAP cause if you have the scripts in order you still need to learn the skill through RO job/skill in order to master it by EQUAP and the sp cost wont show up right in the menu.
also skills that dont level at all work fine in battle, but say you have the skill HEAL and its max level is 5,it doesnt matter if you level it or not everytime you use it in battle you will get the error above it doesnt matter if EQUAP is on or not you will still get the same error.if you take this RO job/skill out completely everything works fine. im thinking one of my scripts may be confliciting about it but im not sure of which one it could be if there is one causing problems at all. this is a issue for me dunno bout anyone else,due to the fact that the player party members besides the protagonist learn skills through this script while the protagonist learns them through EQUAP.
EDIT2: probably would help if i added the cade right?  :^_^':
 # change SP considering skill level
      battler.sp = old_sp - (@skill.sp_cost *
        actor.get_skill_sp_cost_factor(@skill.id)).to_i
      @status_window.refresh
the error comes from the line starting with actor.get_skill

Blizzard

Hm... Try changing it to @actor.

Spoofus

November 02, 2010, 09:16:54 am #138 Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:45:00 am by Spoofus
nope it didnt solve it sadly
edit:
noticed something else too,the skill being learned in EQUAP wont up up update in the menu or battle skill window until you unequip and reequip the piece it is being learned from if you put the scripts in order from the script placement thread

another edit:
Yin has manged to solve the problem i believe

the line: actor.get_skill_sp_cost_factor(@skill.id)).to_i
needs to be changed to this:battler.get_skill_sp_cost_factor(@skill.id)).to_i
and it seems to work just fine

X-Law

November 21, 2010, 07:18:36 pm #139 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:54:06 pm by X-Law
-

Blizzard

Are your scripts in the right order?

X-Law

November 22, 2010, 08:39:38 am #141 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:51:57 pm by X-Law
-

Holyrapid

Well, i will then ask the next obvious question. Are both of them the newest versions available?

X-Law

November 22, 2010, 02:11:25 pm #143 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:52:16 pm by X-Law
-

X-Law

November 25, 2010, 07:19:27 am #144 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:53:15 pm by X-Law
Forget about it.
I was able to fix it myself.

OracleGames

Sorry for necro-posting, but i am wondering, how is the script working with "Passive Skills" from Tons of Addons ie:
A skill that is mastered at lvl 10, where each level increases the desired stat by a % rate.

I would also like to know if it's possible to retrieve information about a skill (Current Level) during game with a script call.

wertyjr

I have an issue with this script... for some reason, when a character has just enough sp to use the skill (ie. sp cost is 5, and at level 1 it is 10, and theyy have 10 sp) it only uses the original sp cost (5, not 10).

After it reduces the sp from the skill, you can't use it again, of course... but if you have a skill that costs 20, you are left with 10, then you can use a skill that costs 10, and be left with 5... enough to use another skill.

Any tips on how to deal with this? I am not a good scripter myself but I am trying to find a way. I could use some help though.... I've been fiddling with it for a while and can't seem to figure it out.
Anyone up for some Beach volleyball? <:D

sirSLR

hi i have a slight 'problem'

using this script i cant make it that all party characters gain different amount of exp (an option in BABS where you gain bonus exp when you kill an enemy) and
Gold and Experience Percent Add On for BLizz ABS  script doesn't give more exp when holding certain weapon...

is there any possible way to make those work?

Blizzard

Looking through the code, this script shouldn't be interfering with that. :/ Does it work properly when you remove this script?

sirSLR

Quote from: User #1 on March 14, 2012, 02:20:21 am
Looking through the code, this script shouldn't be interfering with that. :/ Does it work properly when you remove this script?

well i  removed the script and it was the same so i tryed to remove gold and exp bonus scrypt and it helped. thx

Trollses

Hi, I am having a small problem.

When I remove this script an syntax error comes when I start the game and I can't find whats causing it. :(
There probably is not much you can do about without the files, but do you have any tips or tricks to find the the cause?
I have tried to search the scripts for commands I used, but did not find any.

Spoofus

since this is to this script

what lines do i need to change/edit to make it where only 1 person(main character) is able to change jobs?
I have looked through the script but not sure on what line i should be looking for

but keep it so everyone can still learn/upgrade skills

finalholylight

July 25, 2012, 12:56:12 am #152 Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:57:31 am by finalholylight
When I change JOB_ONLY = true, and call script $scene = Scene_SkillChange.new,an error appeared : "line 701: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method 'skill_level' for #<Game_Actor:0x2c96f50>"
2 other request:
*can you make a feature make some special skill that auto learn when level up (skill learn default in rmxp), we just use point to improve it, no need to learn it.
*when I change to a new job, skills I did not learn from old job was removed, can you make an option in script make those skills still available to learn ?

Blizzard

July 25, 2012, 02:25:39 am #153 Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:28:11 am by Blizzard
Quote from: finalholylight on July 25, 2012, 12:56:12 am
When I change JOB_ONLY = true, and call script $scene = Scene_SkillChange.new,an error appeared : "line 701: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method 'skill_level' for #<Game_Actor:0x2c96f50>"

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 pm
Compatibility

95% compatible with SDK v1.x, 60% compatible with SDK v2.x. Can cause incompatibility issues with other exotic Skill Systems, CMS-es and CBS-es. Fully compatible with Blizz-ABS, not compatible with Mr. Mo's ABS. WILL corrupt old savegames.

*can you make a feature make some special skill that auto learn when level up (skill learn default in rmxp), we just use point to improve it, no need to learn it.

Sorry, but I have retired from RMXP. Either use JOB_ONLY which uses the default system or don't use it which makes all skills to be learned through points.

*when I change to a new job, skills I did not learn from old job was removed, can you make an option in script make those skills still available to learn ?

Honestly, that doesn't make any sense. Why should skills from another class be available? If the player wants to get the skills from a specific class, it's only logical that he has to change to that class first. Otherwise it's a completely different class system.

finalholylight

QuoteCompatibility

I did not add any other scripts into demo and did not use any savegames.

QuoteHonestly, that doesn't make any sense. Why should skills from another class be available? If the player wants to get the skills from a specific class, it's only logical that he has to change to that class first. Otherwise it's a completely different class system.

In ragnarok game,even player change from job 1 to job 2, he can still use points to learn skills that he did not learn from job 1.

Blizzard

July 25, 2012, 07:17:00 am #155 Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:23:24 am by Blizzard
Well, nobody complained about it so far. It would require me to keep track of all classes that the player has already tried which would kind of complicate things. You still have those skills available for learning if you change the class back.

RoseSkye

With this script I have a problem giving character initial skills (ones they start off with automatically without leveling them up through the window). Is it possible to do so with this script? I've look through the script but I see nothing.

Blizzard

This should actually work normally if you simply use the Learn Skill event command or the script equivalent Game_Actor#learn_skill(id).

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on October 07, 2012, 02:02:26 pm
This should actually work normally if you simply use the Learn Skill event command or the script equivalent Game_Actor#learn_skill(id).

Like Game_Actor0learn_skill(81)?

G_G

No, use...
$game_actors[ACTOR_ID].learn_skill(SKILL_ID)

What Blizzard posted is showing that the class Game_Actor has a method named learn_skill with it's parameters.

Kiwa

December 26, 2013, 04:29:52 am #160 Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:00:35 am by Kiwa
@finalholy...it was a long time ago you asked but i jsut starting putzing with this script.
In ragnarok game,even player change from job 1 to job 2, he can still use points to learn skills that he did not learn from job 1.

I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about because i never played RO, but i think your issue is with "CLASS_SKILLS = !false"
you need to remove the "!" and it should let you keep skills after you have learned them, even when you change class.
But if you don't have the skill listed in the "skills to learn" box under the "Classes" tab in the Database you must change classes to obtain the skills.
I think you want to set it like this. (i added some extra comments to maybe help)

INIT_JP = 2             # Points you begin the game with at Lv 1
  LVL1_POWER = 50    # Skills power at Lv 1
  LVL1_COST = 100    # % of base skill cost.
  LVLUP_RATE = 20    # 20% increase between level_min and level_max
  EXP_RATIO = 400    # 400% Exp to become job pts.. (about 2 pts per level)
  RESET_LVLS = false # wipes Skills and does not return points on class switch
  JOB_ONLY = false     # ***********True Disables the ENTIRE skill System here and leaves only JOB system.
  USE_LEVEL = false  # Uses Toon Lv not Job level.
  USE_ALL = false    # Locks class untill all Job points are spent.
  CLASS_SKILLS = false # Keeps skills bound to designated classes. no cross over.
  HIDE_SKILLS = false # hides skills untill 100% ready to learn.
  RO_RIGHT = false # Re arranges windows to be on the right..not left.
  EVASION = 'EVA' # Displays EVA for the word Evasion in status.
  CD_SKILLS = [1]

I wanted to ask a question as well for anyone who may know.
Id like to re design the script to change the required level for class..(hard to understand ..i know)
heres an example.. linking blizzes original pic.

look to the left. you can see " Thief  (Lv 1)" and "Figher (Lv 10)"
Id like to change that ...not to the char level required to unlock the class.. but the current level of that class on your character.

I lookd this script up and down for around an hour.. i found no draw including text like "Lv" or anthting.. if some one could point me in the right direction id appreciate it :D

Thanks fellas.. and i hope this post helped ya final holy!

KK20

Look for the method make_class_window. I take it you have separate levels: the actor's level and the class's level?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Kiwa

December 27, 2013, 01:01:05 am #162 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:02:24 am by Kiwa
Quote from: KK20 on December 26, 2013, 08:07:53 pm
Look for the method make_class_window. I take it you have separate levels: the actor's level and the class's level?

Hey KK20. thanks for looking out for me as usual :P
I gotta ask for where to fix instead of how..cuz im not learning fast enough lol. im tired of begging for scraps from people.. tho i'll always have to...but i wanna be more proficient.

I spent a lot of last night in this box...i just woke up and my mind is more clear.. i can see some things differently now. however.. still, im useless lol.
and i don't see where this connects to the list box text im looking for.
ive changed and tampered with some of the code here to understand what it does. but still i cant find it.

I'm looking at this line with an eyebrow up..this looks like it may be my special line. but i cant understand it clearly.

@configs.each {|c| commands.push([$data_classes[c[1]].name,
          "(#{BlizzCFG::Lv} #{c[0]})"])}

especially the second line...the blizzcfg::lv. but i think thats my culprit. ill toy with it after i eat lol.

Note:
so with this script each class has its own level...and each character has its own level. you can see in the image from my last post where they are.

Here it is again:

You can see the char level under his name basil. under the character art you can see the class (job) and class (job) level.

KK20

December 27, 2013, 01:35:04 am #163 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:38:53 am by KK20
First, you need to know what @configs is.

# get configuration and initialize data
   @configs = BlizzCFG.rojob_next(@actor.class_id)

which calls back to this

def self.rojob_next(id)
   case id
# START RO Job-Connection Database
#  
#   Here you can define job change trees. When you have one job active you can
#   change to any other job that is defined here. It is possible to define
#   recursive trees where a class can be changed back as well without problems.
#   Use following template to set up your configuration:
#
#     when ID then return [[MIN_LEVEL1, NEW_ID1], [MIN_LEVEL2, NEW_ID2], ...]
#
#   ID        - the current class ID
#   MIN_LEVEL - minimum level required to be allowed to change
#   NEW_ID    - the ID of the new class
#
#   You can add as many next classes as you want, separate them with commas.
   when 1 then return [[1, 2], [15, 3]]
   when 2 then return [[10, 1], [15, 3], [1, 4], [1, 5], [1, 6]]
   when 3 then return [[1, 2], [6, 7]]
   when 4 then return [[1, 2]]
   when 5 then return [[1, 2], [8, 6], [10, 8]]
   when 6 then return [[1, 2], [11, 3]]
   when 7 then return [[1, 2], [5, 1], [5, 4]]
   when 8 then return [[1, 2], [5, 7]]

Using Basil (Actor ID 2) as our example, we see how the class data will be drawn. Class ID 1 (Fighter) requires a level of 1, Class ID 3 (Warrior) requires a level of 15, etc.

Thus, @configs will hold the 2D-Array: [[10, 1], [15, 3], [1, 4], [1, 5], [1, 6]]

@configs.each{|c| will iterate each and every element within that array, like in a loop. commands.push will hold the results of each iteration.

The first pass will turn c into [10, 1]. So, theoretically, it'd look like this

commands.push([$data_classes[1].name,
         "(#{BlizzCFG::Lv} #{10})"])

$data_classes[1] is the Fighter class. We want this class's name, so we call the method name.
The second part is fancy string manipulation. #{BlizzCFG::Lv} calls upon this part in the script:

module BlizzCFG

# All the configuration stuff in between...

YesNo = ['Yes', 'No']
 AreYouSure = 'Are you sure?'
 Current = 'Current'
 JobPoints = 'Job Points'
 JobLevel = 'Job Level'
 JobEXP = 'Job EXP'
 EXP = 'EXP'
 Next = 'next'
 EmptyEXP = '------'
 None = 'None'
 Lv = 'Lv'                   #<=============== This one right here
 SkillLevel = 'Skill Level'
 MaximumLevel = 'Maximum Level'
 Cost = 'Cost'
 Power = 'Power'
 ClassCommands = ['Select', 'Next', 'Previous', 'Exit']
 ChangeClass = 'Change Class?'
 SkillCommands = ['Learn new Skill', 'Improve Skill', 'Next', 'Previous', 'Exit']
 LearnSkill = 'Learn Skill?'
 ImproveSkill = 'Improve Skill?'

end

#{10} is the same as saying 10.to_s.
This is the result.

commands.push(["Fighter",
         "(Lv 10)"])

That result (which is an array) will be added into commands (also an array). We then move onto the next iteration: [15, 3]

In the end, commands will look like this:

print commands
#Output: [["Fighter", "(Lv 10)"], ["Warrior", "(Lv 15)"], ["Thief", "(Lv 1)"], ["Hunter", "(Lv 1)"], ["Gunner", "(Lv 1)"]]

Lastly, commands is passed into another class

@class_window = Window_Class.new(224, commands)

where the actual drawing of the classes and levels takes place

class Window_Class < Window_Command

# draw_item
 #  i     - index
 #  color - font color
 #  Changed to draw class/job and level requirement.
 def draw_item(i, color)
   self.contents.font.color = color
   rect = Rect.new(4, 32 * i, self.contents.width - 8, 32)
   self.contents.fill_rect(rect, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 0))
   self.contents.draw_text(rect, @commands[i][0])      #<==== Draws class name
   self.contents.draw_text(rect, @commands[i][1], 2)   #<==== Draws (Lv X)
 end

end

Other Projects

Kiwa

First i need to complement you KK20.

You made this really easy to follow. I didn't realize what i was looking to do threaded thru so many things.
I was breathing heavily and licking windows till you pointed out some of the stuff here. (perhaps i shouldn't start with such a large script to change lol)

Thank you sooooo much for helping always ...and investing the time into research and creating this guide for me.
you deserve a trophy.

now on to the topic at had lol.

so to do what im looking to do...the best way would be to make my own configs.each{|c| type module or something and

connect it to

"(#{BlizzCFG::Lv} #{c[0]})"])}

and place my array in c[0]?

KK20

@configs.each{|c| commands.push([$data_classes[c[1]].name,
          "(#{BlizzCFG::Lv} #{@actor.job_level(c[1])})"])}

This should get you the class name and current class level for every class this actor can switch between.

Other Projects

Kiwa

Hey KK20 thanks again!

I tried that code and it works wonderfully.
I tried the exact same thing at one point and it failed.. i must have miss typed something. i didn't do it cuz i knew it would work tho.. it was kinda like.. "UHH...how bout this!? rofl.."

Thanks for teaching me and fixing it for me :D