Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Are your scripts in the right order?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

X-Law

November 22, 2010, 08:39:38 am #141 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:51:57 pm by X-Law
-

AlbatrosStorm is on sale now!

Holyrapid

Well, i will then ask the next obvious question. Are both of them the newest versions available?

X-Law

November 22, 2010, 02:11:25 pm #143 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:52:16 pm by X-Law
-

X-Law

November 25, 2010, 07:19:27 am #144 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:53:15 pm by X-Law
Forget about it.
I was able to fix it myself.

OracleGames

Sorry for necro-posting, but i am wondering, how is the script working with "Passive Skills" from Tons of Addons ie:
A skill that is mastered at lvl 10, where each level increases the desired stat by a % rate.

I would also like to know if it's possible to retrieve information about a skill (Current Level) during game with a script call.

wertyjr

I have an issue with this script... for some reason, when a character has just enough sp to use the skill (ie. sp cost is 5, and at level 1 it is 10, and theyy have 10 sp) it only uses the original sp cost (5, not 10).

After it reduces the sp from the skill, you can't use it again, of course... but if you have a skill that costs 20, you are left with 10, then you can use a skill that costs 10, and be left with 5... enough to use another skill.

Any tips on how to deal with this? I am not a good scripter myself but I am trying to find a way. I could use some help though.... I've been fiddling with it for a while and can't seem to figure it out.
Anyone up for some Beach volleyball? <:D

sirSLR

hi i have a slight 'problem'

using this script i cant make it that all party characters gain different amount of exp (an option in BABS where you gain bonus exp when you kill an enemy) and
Gold and Experience Percent Add On for BLizz ABS  script doesn't give more exp when holding certain weapon...

is there any possible way to make those work?

Blizzard

Looking through the code, this script shouldn't be interfering with that. :/ Does it work properly when you remove this script?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

sirSLR

Quote from: User #1 on March 14, 2012, 02:20:21 am
Looking through the code, this script shouldn't be interfering with that. :/ Does it work properly when you remove this script?

well i  removed the script and it was the same so i tryed to remove gold and exp bonus scrypt and it helped. thx

Trollses

Hi, I am having a small problem.

When I remove this script an syntax error comes when I start the game and I can't find whats causing it. :(
There probably is not much you can do about without the files, but do you have any tips or tricks to find the the cause?
I have tried to search the scripts for commands I used, but did not find any.

Spoofus

since this is to this script

what lines do i need to change/edit to make it where only 1 person(main character) is able to change jobs?
I have looked through the script but not sure on what line i should be looking for

but keep it so everyone can still learn/upgrade skills

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

finalholylight

July 25, 2012, 12:56:12 am #152 Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:57:31 am by finalholylight
When I change JOB_ONLY = true, and call script $scene = Scene_SkillChange.new,an error appeared : "line 701: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method 'skill_level' for #<Game_Actor:0x2c96f50>"
2 other request:
*can you make a feature make some special skill that auto learn when level up (skill learn default in rmxp), we just use point to improve it, no need to learn it.
*when I change to a new job, skills I did not learn from old job was removed, can you make an option in script make those skills still available to learn ?

Blizzard

July 25, 2012, 02:25:39 am #153 Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:28:11 am by Blizzard
Quote from: finalholylight on July 25, 2012, 12:56:12 am
When I change JOB_ONLY = true, and call script $scene = Scene_SkillChange.new,an error appeared : "line 701: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method 'skill_level' for #<Game_Actor:0x2c96f50>"

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 pm
Compatibility

95% compatible with SDK v1.x, 60% compatible with SDK v2.x. Can cause incompatibility issues with other exotic Skill Systems, CMS-es and CBS-es. Fully compatible with Blizz-ABS, not compatible with Mr. Mo's ABS. WILL corrupt old savegames.

*can you make a feature make some special skill that auto learn when level up (skill learn default in rmxp), we just use point to improve it, no need to learn it.

Sorry, but I have retired from RMXP. Either use JOB_ONLY which uses the default system or don't use it which makes all skills to be learned through points.

*when I change to a new job, skills I did not learn from old job was removed, can you make an option in script make those skills still available to learn ?

Honestly, that doesn't make any sense. Why should skills from another class be available? If the player wants to get the skills from a specific class, it's only logical that he has to change to that class first. Otherwise it's a completely different class system.

finalholylight

QuoteCompatibility

95% compatible with SDK v1.x, 60% compatible with SDK v2.x. Can cause incompatibility issues with other exotic Skill Systems, CMS-es and CBS-es. Fully compatible with Blizz-ABS, not compatible with Mr. Mo's ABS. WILL corrupt old savegames.

I did not add any other scripts into demo and did not use any savegames.

QuoteHonestly, that doesn't make any sense. Why should skills from another class be available? If the player wants to get the skills from a specific class, it's only logical that he has to change to that class first. Otherwise it's a completely different class system.

In ragnarok game,even player change from job 1 to job 2, he can still use points to learn skills that he did not learn from job 1.

Blizzard

July 25, 2012, 07:17:00 am #155 Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:23:24 am by Blizzard
Well, nobody complained about it so far. It would require me to keep track of all classes that the player has already tried which would kind of complicate things. You still have those skills available for learning if you change the class back.

RoseSkye

With this script I have a problem giving character initial skills (ones they start off with automatically without leveling them up through the window). Is it possible to do so with this script? I've look through the script but I see nothing.

Blizzard

This should actually work normally if you simply use the Learn Skill event command or the script equivalent Game_Actor#learn_skill(id).

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on October 07, 2012, 02:02:26 pm
This should actually work normally if you simply use the Learn Skill event command or the script equivalent Game_Actor#learn_skill(id).

Like Game_Actor0learn_skill(81)?

G_G

No, use...
$game_actors[ACTOR_ID].learn_skill(SKILL_ID)

What Blizzard posted is showing that the class Game_Actor has a method named learn_skill with it's parameters.