Zeriab's + Blizz ABS issues... known? [RESOLVED]

Started by Mixxth, March 19, 2012, 10:35:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixxth

March 19, 2012, 10:35:19 pm Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:48:38 pm by Mixxth
Hey guys is Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System compatible with blizz abs 2.84? theres no mention of either on the compatibility sections, but Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System doesnt seem to work if Blizz abs is plugged in, ABSEAL is no where near as effective as Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System.. my issue is on a 500X500 map with hundreds of events... Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System handles it flawlessly.. blizz abs the lag is like running crisis 2 on a Pentium I..

I've isolated the problem to blizz abs by moving main under blizz abs and placing Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System above blizz abs with Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System being directly under Scene_Debug so all that was active was first Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System then Blizz ABS.. its like ABSEAL which I'm just assuming is the issue here overwrites Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System and it becomes obsolete.. I even tried removing the map with the events from ABSEAL via the manager...

I need to figure out how to make them work hand in hand, I need Zeriab's Anti Event Lag System for the 500X500 map... but my entire game is based around Blizz ABS and starting over is out of the question I've logged over 500 hours into this game >.<

I hate asking questions about scripts as I'm slowly self teaching myself all of it, to better my creation capabilities... but sometimes things are just beyond me and when it comes to scripts atm I'm mediocre at best...
Donald Knuth: "I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the fonts on the menu. Five minutes later I realize that it's also talking about food."

G_G

Well here's the thing. Blizz-ABS doesn't run well on 500x500 maps for obvious reasons. First of all, the constant AI checking and calculating. Blizz-ABSEAL runs fine just as is. Getting another Anti-Lag script is pointless as it wouldn't even help. The only reason it works flawlessly on the map without Blizz-ABS is because of the fact that Blizz-ABS isn't there constantly updating the AI, the spawners, groups, critters, etc.. For what Blizz-ABS does, it keeps it pretty damn lag-less, just not on large maps because at that point its attempting to update a lot.

Mixxth

Alright, that makes sense... ill disable the 500x500 map... packs a winding punch but in cases like this, suck it up buttercup lol
Donald Knuth: "I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the fonts on the menu. Five minutes later I realize that it's also talking about food."

Blizzard

Make a huge map like that in a clean project and it will lag as well. The lag created in big maps is mostly because of the huge number of tiles of which the map is composed. After all you have 3 layers on a 500x500 map which means 750000 sprites. Even if every sprites needs just a 0.1 microseconds to update, that's still 0.075 seconds for all of them together which means you can forget anything above 15 FPS.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zeriab

Quote from: Blizzard on March 20, 2012, 02:20:45 am
Make a huge map like that in a clean project and it will lag as well. The lag created in big maps is mostly because of the huge number of tiles of which the map is composed. After all you have 3 layers on a 500x500 map which means 750000 sprites. Even if every sprites needs just a 0.1 microseconds to update, that's still 0.075 seconds for all of them together which means you can forget anything above 15 FPS.

Wait what? The standard tilemap is smarter than that only updating a little more than what's necessary.
There's just a momentary hold-up as you enter the map

Blizzard

Then a 500x500 map without any event shouldn't lag any more than a 20x15 map which isn't true.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zeriab

Not necessarily. It would be perfectly sensible for some slowdown caused by some overhead, but I agree, the slowdown appears to suggest more than just that.
Personally I suspect that autotiles are updated for the entire map.