Pandora's Box (MASSIVE Resource Collection)

Started by ForeverZer0, March 24, 2012, 01:19:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

March 24, 2012, 01:19:08 pm Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:36:37 pm by ForeverZer0
Pandora's Box

Introduction

This is an extremely large collection of resources for RPG Maker. I did not create, nor compile this collection, that credit goes to Guyver IV, the creator of the video. I have seen the link posted about the forum in various places, but have not seen a dedicated topic to it, so here we are. The original collection was posted on YouTube video, which can be found here. There collection consists of basically every resource found around the RM community in one package, so it is a nice one-stop-shop.

Statistics

Total Size: 5.79 GB (uncompressed)
Total Folders: 1,487
Total Files: 140,588

Key:
Resource Type: Number of files (Size on disk)

Animations: 1,140 (450 MB)
Audio Files: 27,573 (1.15 GB)
Autotiles: 3,124 (16.3 MB)
Backgrounds: 965 (138 MB)
Battlers: 11,760 (341 MB)
Characters: 18,008 (361 MB)
Faces: 2,860 (104 MB)
Fogs: 160 (19.3 MB)
Gameovers: 182 (40.3 MB)
Icons: 24,920 (122 MB)
Pictures: 613 (33.7 MB)
Scripts: 422 (342 MB)
Tilesets: 13,417 (1.32 GB)
Titles: 25 (13 MB)
Transitions: 367 (66.3 MB)
Windowskins: 769 (14.7 MB)
Game Rips (Various): 34,283 (1.26 GB)

Download Links

The first download links are ones I created myself. Here are the changes I made:

• All JPEG, GIF, and bitmap files have been converted to PNG

• I ran every PNG file (a few hundred thousand...) through PngOptimizer which reduces the file size. This is a great little program that removes usless information from PNG files and can shrink them without any quality loss.

• I converted all MP3 and WAV files to OGG, which is a much more efficient format for games. The audio quality has been unchanged, just the format changed. MIDI files have been left alone

• I used WinUHA for audio compression, because it gets a higher compression level than for media formats, even better than 7zip under "Ultra" settings and a large dictionary/word size

• Aside from these changes, everything has been left untouched, but the overall size of the download is more than a 1 GB less

• The download is a self-extracting archive, so no program will be required for decompression. Simply click and extract to where you want.

Torrent Download
I have also created a torrent download for the file, since it is a much more suited protocol for large downloads. The more people that download and seed, the faster the download will go. If you need a torrent client, I highly recommend utorrent, which is completely free and in my opinion the best.

Torrent Download

Original Links from YouTube
The following are the original links on the YouTube page. All downloads are through 4shared. The files are in .7z format and split into 7 files. You will need to download 7-zip, WinRAR, or similar file archiver to combine and decompress the archives. 7zip is free to everyone, and there is absolutely no cost. You will also need to register an account with 4shared to download from these links, which is also free, albeit annoying.
Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4Part 5Part 6Part 7
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

Holly crap... that is all

oh and the magnet link won't work SMF enforces a http:// unless basic html is enabled you might be able to do it that way...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Meh, I just removed the magnet. I didn't think about that. The HTTP link still has a few hours left to upload. I hate my upload speed...
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Dweller

that's a impresive collection, and well organized.
Dwellercoc
Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

The Dropbox download is fully uploaded. I had forgot to remove the warning not to download yesterday when it got done.

Guyver IV

Wow the Torrent and Direct Link of my Pandora's Box Resource Collection!  :D
Thank you so much, friend. Only 3,75 GB, How did you do it?

I Can post the Update Pack of 2012!

http://www.4shared.com/rar/G5Yzdg8m/PBox_Update_Pack_2012_A.html (627 MB)

http://www.4shared.com/rar/zh837xZQ/PBox_Update_Pack_2012_B.html (514 MB)

And if you want visit my rpg maker project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjRltAJA80g

ForeverZer0

April 13, 2012, 12:10:50 am #7 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:23:56 pm by ForeverZer0
I'm glad you like. :)

I'll see if I can add them to the main download, although the uploading is a bitch...

Also:
Quote from: Edit to the main postRequest:
I strongly urge that you please use the torrent download if possible. Dropbox will (and has) given me 3 day suspensions for high traffic on the download. If you do not have a torrent client and are unsure how they work, I would be more than happy to offer support on setting it up real quick, just ask or shoot me a PM and I can walk you through it.

EDIT:
Quote again...
QuoteDue to repeated suspensions, I have removed the Dropbox link. If you are cannot use the torrent download, and absolutely require a direct download, PM me and I may give you the link. This way I can regulate the number of simultaneous downloaders. I'll look into splitting it into 2 or 3 files and choosing an alternative upload site in the meantime. Thank you for your understanding.

Jek

It's cool that you put a site rip of Gamecraft up there. :) thanks. :^_^':

I never ever seed, but for this I have no problem seeding. I'll seed forever and ever and ever, or at least until this computer gives out.
And I love the resources. Especially the icons. I've fallen in love with the zFULL LOTS folder.

Thanks a bunch.

Stray

I wanted to download one of the packages, but not one of them is just working
I'm very grateful to you all for your great help.

diagostimo

ye they seem broken, I recommend just downloading the torrent as it is a wonderful collection of resources

zash13x

ForeverZer0

I created a new torrent download link. It's new, and likely I am the only one seeding as of yet, so if you decide to download, be patient, will likely be pretty slow at the moment.

If you do download, please seed after downloading so others can have higher speeds, thanks.

heaven31415

Sorry for necroposting, but torrent link is not working anymore, is there any chance to make it work again?

KK20

You can thank Dropbox for that.

Email F0 to get him to update the link. Or just suck it up and download the ZIP files.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

robco

November 19, 2017, 10:11:20 pm #15 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:14:58 am by robco
yes... How to fucking instal maybe?  :<_<:
The stuff should be pack in an exe no matter the size. One day of downloading is worthy, this will take days now... maybe more... :facepalm:

I have issues importing the files now. The imported files are cut.  (fix here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/tilesets-get-cut-when-importing.70050/)
Basically I have to cut the packed files into tiny pieces.. will take weeks maybe months maybe... more...

This is important i just lost 4 hours for nothing, put the bugs fixes in a "read me" and reup everything once im done checking bugs (should be done years and years ago).

To be clear I am hellish mad at ENTERBRAIN who obviously makes the importing issues to sell their own worthless trashes. The website is great, i like it.

Let's try to download 2012's RPGM and hope everything will be fixed so.

KK20

Are you using these resources with something other than RMXP? Because that's what they were designed for.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

ButterRoyale

Any chance we can get a rehost/reseed of the torrent, and I'll throw it on my seedbox to keep it alive.

Also, dropbox is ehhh, try mega.nz

they won't delete your files after 1 year.

Jaiden

February 17, 2023, 10:45:25 am #18 Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 10:47:58 am by Jaiden
Fz0 isn't active anymore, so he won't be uploading it again. But to be honest, I don't think you want this, and it's probably not a good idea for it to be re-uploaded or used. It was full of rips, stolen assets, and had absolutely no credit information. You're asking for trouble using any of them in your game, and doubly so if your game is commercial.

Probably best if it stays dead, but obviously someone else can decide that if they still have it.