Error when using items with BABS/RMX-OS

Started by angelashes, March 27, 2012, 05:46:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

angelashes

March 27, 2012, 05:46:55 pm Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:59:49 pm by angelashes
Hi. It's my 1st post ever, pretty late to register here in march 2012 but... Yeah.

So here's what is happening : I'm using BABS, RMX-OS, The stats distribution system, the ring menu, the custom premenu (simply to remove it), the exp in hud script and tons of addons. (Along with all the others RMXP scripts). I'm not a really good scripter but I managed to customize these scripts a little bit and it went pretty well until I try it online with a friend. Everything's fine but as soon as someone uses an item everyone gets an error. [EDIT] : Oh by the way it worked before, the items and all, I just don't know what went wrong recently. [xEDIT]

Item user (me):
Spoiler: ShowHide

Others :

So yeah... Seems like the server freaks out and kicks everyone. But strangely it's the others who get the most errors... Since I edited the scripts you cna't really use these scripts lines but here's the first ones:

(RMX-OS) Script 2267 :
    raise Errno.const_get(Errno.constants.detect { |c| Errno.const_get(c).new.errno == errno })

BABS3 708 :
    if item_can_use?(item.id, forced)

So... Well Yeah I didn't really know in which script's topic to post that since I don't really know where's the real error.

I tried different types of items and they all do it. I wiped my database, too. I tried asking my friend to use an item instead... If there's no other player I can use the item and it doesn't do anything wrong.

Sorry if there's not enough info, ask. I really need to fix that, I don't think the game will be the same if it doesn't have any items...

Thanks.

chaucer

this actually happens to me too lol except the user of the item wont recieve an error on mine only everyone in the same map as the person who uses the item gets the same error you stated and it kicks them all :P dont got a solution and havent had much time to look into it yet been pretty busy.

angelashes

Yeah well it pisses me off too :( ; The worst is that it worked all well until recently but the only thing I did is playing with the HUD -.-