[RMX-OS/BlizzABS] - Don't even have a title yet - (Too soon!) ; By Angelashes

Started by angelashes, March 28, 2012, 02:46:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

angelashes

Intro

So far the only interesting thing to show is the HUD. Don't hope for too much.

Hello. This project is very, very young and I know that the post probably won't be appropriate and will be pretty skinny, hence I have no hope of having this moved for now. I don't have a title, and even no story at all, only a general setting. I will be doing most of it, my girlfriend is going to handle all(Most of) the graphics and another friend is helping(Will be) with the story. So yeah, 3.

Progress

So far here's what it looks like :
Scripts : 50%
HUD : 70%
Graphics : 0%
Story : 5%
Gameplay additions : 2%

Obviously focusing on the HUD for now, I prefer having a clean, working interface as a support for the rest of the project. Most of the scripts that are done are for this HUD, other than that I still need to visually alter BlizzABS to make it look like I want it too.
The graphics are at 0% simply because we plan to use ONLY custom made content. So Icons, characters, items, menus, hud, tilesets, effects etc. Yeah. Crazy deal.

Features

First of all here's the list of the scripts I used (Which are all customized):
Spoiler: ShowHide

• BlizzABS

• RMX-OS

• Stat distribution system

• Ring Menu

• Tons of addons

The easiest way to describe the overall gameplay aim is these two games :

• Phantasy Star Portable (1&2)

• White Knight Chronicles : Origins

There will be a main story but will mostly look like a side story more than anything. The main game will consist on missions/quests which will all have different challenges and bosses (Thanks to BlizzABS).

Other features (Details)

• Only 640x480 maps, no scrolling

• Entirely custom made

• Will be hosting on Tunngle; so server can, if required, be 24/24h on

• No party, only the player character

Other features (Maybes)

• Soul Stealing System

World

As it's previously been said, Story isn't pretty developped, but here's the info...

• Steampunk style.

Guns!, Brown!, Gears!

• Post-Apocalyptic

Carnage!, Garbage!, Mysterious creatures!

• Egyptian

Desert!, Tombs!, Traps!, Long Forgotten LOOT!

• Souls (Implemented after release)

Ghosts!, Soul Stealing!, Soul leveling!, Soul Gear!

• And more...

Screenshots

As you can see. It's new and never seen before, YEAH!

• Stat Distribution System's icon in top-left

• Custom HUD for bars

• Map is locked in top right corner

• Custom HUD for map

• Hotkeys are direct, and locked

• Resized hotkey bar

Custom Ring menu screen.

• Spawns window behind bars. Adds gold display

• Replaces Map with (Later) Info window

• List of menu icons :

• Inventory

• Skills

• Equipment

• Status

• Upgrade Stats

• Hotkeys

• Quit

• No pre-menu, included hotkeys in the ring menu

• Included stat distribution

Custom Hotkey screen.

• Slightly changed the Hotkey screen.

Download

Lolwut? Download?... Not so soon.

MarkHest

I know you said the project is young and all and that you are currently focusing on the HUD more than the other things, but i just CAN'T get this out of my mind so i gathered ALL my knowledge and strength to click the reply button.

About those maps in the screenshots. They... aren't.. originally meant to look like that, are they? :O.o:
I'm going to guess that they are just testing maps made to show the basics as well as the HUD and because of that you didn't bother making the maps pretty.

I just HAD to make this reply, it was bothering me too much :xD:

G_G

I'm positive that they're just testing maps. My maps are 100x uglier when testing things. ;3 I'm liking the style of the HUD

angelashes

Oh my god. OF COURSE! (And it's not "Those" maps but "This" map, so as ugly as it is, at least there's just one...)
It's testing only.

• A Squiwell as NPC for some technical things

• A flower to heal the player + Refill ammo

• A fence to stop monsters from coming

• A little peninsula as starting point

• Monsters spawning on the other side of the water to allow players to snipe them

There is no point in beginning the mapping if we don't at least have 1 tileset...

BY THE WAY
If I could find a real, good scripter that could help me with a couple of issues i'd be really happy. I might be able to fix these myself but I didn't even try yet since I doubt my ability to succeed.

• Game pauses if a player opens some menus

• Screen freezes when opening any menu

• Crash when using items

• Add a second title screen before the login screen

• A skill that gets the sprite ID of an enemy and then spawns a corresponding item in the player's inventory
    (Could skip that if it causes too much problem)

• Adding a second set of equipment for the player : Second armor, weapon etc. And making him lose all the default set when dying but keep the second

• With auto gameover disabled, make the player weaker in ghost form

• And maybe more...

Oh... And this game used to be made on Hero Engine before our main scripter(AND Subscriber, key holder, money manager; The dude that had the rights on the app) let the project down... It's not related really but when I decided to make a game with rpg maker and then realised I had no idea about what to do I took the liberty to...Reuse the concept a little... Heh. Life -.-

Wizered67

If you want to make the game not pause when using a menu, you will need to use an on-map menu. I recommend using Ryex's Mouse Window API for this, and I have made my own menus with the Mouse Window API that have been released. You can find them in the script database if you want to use them or learn from them to make your own.

angelashes

I'll look into it, I hope i'll be able to use it and disable the mouse since I don't want to use it at all. Or maybe if someone makes a mouse controller compatible with pixel movement... Hehe. :naughty:
Not really necessary though. :^_^':

[EDIT] Seems like I wouldn't be able to convert the windows I already have and I'd need to make new ones... Is that the only way ? I don't care about mouse and draggin so isn't there only a way to force it around ? :( [xEDIT]