[Resolved] Item tracker and Blizz-ABS

Started by Dweller, April 03, 2012, 03:21:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller

April 03, 2012, 03:21:27 pm Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:50:52 pm by Dweller
I´m looking for a script to track items. The idea is that the player can select any item on inventory and show it on the game HUD, so he can track it when doing a quest or farming. You can see an example on the next screen of my game 7 Islands:

Spoiler: ShowHide

I have no problem to add the item to my HUD but I´m not very familiar with Windows_Selectable so I need help with this. Hope some scripter could help me.

Dwellercoc

Dweller

My Item tracker script is working fine but now I need to use it on my Blizz-ABS game (+ Z-Hud). I need to update the HUD each time the player loot an item to refresh the numer of items. I have no idea where Blizz-ABS control the moment when the player loot an item, could some one help me pls?
Dwellercoc

nathmatt

just create a @local variable with the amount  of item and compare it to the actual number of that item

example
def update
  if @amount != $game_party.item_number(item_id)
    @amount = $game_party.item_number(item_id)
    refresh_item
  end
end/code]
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Dweller

Quote from: nathmatt on April 04, 2012, 11:27:59 am
just create a @local variable with the amount  of item and compare it to the actual number of that item

example
def update
    refresh_item
  end
end/code]

I must call this update to refresh the HUD when the player pick/loot the item, isn`t it? (where to call this update in Blizz-ABS is where I´m lost)
Dwellercoc

nathmatt

add this to the update method in the hud ur using

refresh_item
end

making sure to change the item id  and the
refresh_item
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Dweller

The script is working fine now thanks to nathmatt Blizz-ABS plugin.
Dwellercoc