[XP] Easy Party Switcher

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:30:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Skitzen

March 28, 2013, 09:41:11 pm #200 Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:44:16 pm by Skitzen
QuoteThe point is to leave it at 4.

....... Then there is no use for a party changing script....
(Like I said in my first post) I want to be able to have 9+ party members (Which I know how to do!)
The /Problem/ I said I was having is that in battle if I have 9 members or more the battle works weird and characters +4 will not show up on the screen.
Making the MAX party 4 would be stupid because the point of using a large party script is to have more than that...
In my first post I stated that I found another script which makes it limit the battle party to 4. While still having a party of 9.
But that script doesn't work outside of battle for party switching like this one.

KK20

Did you look at the demo and tried it fully? Did you notice that you can have 8 party members in reserve when changing members around? Did you then, after playing the demo, look at the script itself within the demo and notice MAX_PARTY equals 4?

All confusion aside, MAX_PARTY should really be MAX_PARTY_SIZE. It doesn't mean HOW_MANY_PARTY_MEMBERS_DOES_YOUR_GAME_HAVE.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Skitzen

March 28, 2013, 09:49:17 pm #202 Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:54:31 pm by Skitzen
Quote...

Did you look at the demo and tried it fully? Did you notice that you can have 8 party members in reserve when changing members around? Did you then, after playing the demo, look at the script itself within the demo and notice MAX_PARTY equals 4?

All confusion aside, MAX_PARTY should really be MAX_PARTY_SIZE. It doesn't mean HOW_MANY_PARTY_MEMBERS_DOES_YOUR_GAME_HAVE.

I'm not retarded or a noob I know what this is^ :facepalm: I do a lot of scripting for my game.

.... I would rather Blizzard answer my question as you clearly do not know what I am meaning.
I know how to change the damn max!!!! I have it at 9. I WANT the max to be at 9. This is how the story goes adding the characters. I want the player only to be able to have 9 at a time.
I have more party members later in my game.
And no matter HOW MANY I can have the BATTLE still bugs!
The issue is about the BATTLE not the general party. The battle bugs and makes everyone displayed.

I want there to be 9 people in the party. AND at the /same/ time I want only 4 displayed /in/ battle

Please if you don't understand what I am asking, just stop.

KK20

I apologize for misunderstanding you then. It wasn't until that last post that I finally get what you mean.

After looking into it more, the edits you require are mostly (at least 95%) outside of this script. And there are a number of changes that need to be made as well (e.g. selecting actor targets, treatment of EXP, items and skill targets, definition of loss, etc.).

I'm curious how this system of having 9 party members with you at once but only having 4 fight at a time works in theory.

Other Projects

Skitzen

Quote from: KK20 on March 28, 2013, 10:30:30 pm
I apologize for misunderstanding you then. It wasn't until that last post that I finally get what you mean.

After looking into it more, the edits you require are mostly (at least 95%) outside of this script. And there are a number of changes that need to be made as well (e.g. selecting actor targets, treatment of EXP, items and skill targets, definition of loss, etc.).

I'm curious how this system of having 9 party members with you at once but only having 4 fight at a time works in theory.

Sorry If I hadn't explained it enough.
Yeah I figured it would be a lot of work. I was thinking of possibly taking the japanese script I had that does limit the battle size and trying to add/combine parts with the Blizzard script.

I just wanted to know if Blizzard would know of a way to do it.

Skitzen

I keep getting a "NoMethod Error" everytime I have a disabled actor for party. I don't want them shown at all in the switcher menu.

It says: "undefined Method 'diabled_for_party=' for NilClass"

Any help?

Blizzard

What is the exact script call that you are using?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Skitzen on May 18, 2013, 06:11:22 pm
I keep getting a "NoMethod Error" everytime I have a disabled actor for party. I don't want them shown at all in the switcher menu.

It says: "undefined Method 'diabled_for_party=' for NilClass"

Any help?

$game_actors[ID].disabled_for_party = true/false
$game_party.actors[POS].disabled_for_party = true/false

Skitzen

Quote from: Blizzard on May 18, 2013, 06:28:01 pm
What is the exact script call that you are using?

$game_actors[ID].disabled_for_party = true
:/ I don't have anyone locked for the party or forced a position.

KK20

What value of ID are you using?

It's working fine for me.

Other Projects

Skitzen

The character(s) whom of which I don't want shown,

KK20

I mean, what are you putting EXACTLY in [ID]? Because that's what the error is pointing to. Nowhere in the script does the line 'disabled_for_party=' appear. It can only come from the event you created.

Copy-paste the EXACT line you have that's throwing errors.

Other Projects

Skitzen

$game_actors[4].disabled_for_party = true

KK20

Hm, still works fine for me in the demo. Unless there is no such thing as an actor 4 in your database, I am now confused. A demo is probably in order. You using any other custom scripts? Probably somewhere in the process $game_actors[4] is being converted to something else.

Other Projects

Skitzen

All my other scripts have nothing to do with the party. And my game has over 10 actors. So It can't be that there is no 4.

I did get the script from the demo too.

KK20

Meh, still going to need a demo. I can't continue at this point. Everything you have said sounds fine and it works fine for me.

Other Projects

Skitzen

Okay well I can't really give you a demo when my game is already pretty large..

KK20

May 19, 2013, 03:38:13 am #217 Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:44:08 am by KK20
Make a new project, copy the Data folder and paste it in this new project, and delete all the maps except for one. I honestly swear, if you cannot provide a demo, no one (not even Blizz) can help you.

And please, if you are still holding feelings of animosity towards me, I am in no way belittling you. I am merely stating the truth of this matter. I seriously want to help you--it's what I find pleasure doing here :)

Other Projects

Skitzen

lol Sorry not going to make a demo due to kinda busy with things right now.

Not really any hate towards you. Just annoyed because you didn't understand the problem last time and this time it's probably a simple script error.
I'm just going to go back and see what is wrong in the script itself and fix it myself.

KK20

May 19, 2013, 04:10:21 am #219 Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 04:14:05 am by KK20
If it's not script order or improper syntax, the last thing I can think of is that you are calling $game_actors when it hasn't been loaded.

Well, I did the best I could. Blizzard, I hand this back to you.

Other Projects