A wild New Guy appears...

Started by GrimTrigger, April 08, 2012, 12:04:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTrigger

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I've been tooling around with RMXP for a little while (on and off for a couple months.)

I'm currently working on a game that allows the player to control a great deal of how the game progresses, and how the characters develop. I have no knowledge of scripting, but I've gotten decent at eventing. The only skill I seem to be proud of is mapping, which I take almost a little too seriously. (What! This rocky ledge would never exist in real life!?! REDO!!!!)

Currently my game includes:

*8 playable characters, each with their own unique base-class

*Class promotions at a certain level, which allow the player to choose a direction the character can grow in (Berserker for high damage, Juugernaut for HP boost and ability to tank (hence my "taunt" script request made earlier)) The idea is to choose classes to compliment the other choices, so team building can add lots of replay value, IMHO.

*Hero class promotion decided by three variables, which track player choices to play as a loose cannon bad-***, a logical tactician, or a heroic leader.

*Scripts found on this forum, such as Tons of Addons, Stormtronics CMS, ATES(for day and night), Easy Party Switcher by Blizzard, Dynamic Sounds by Ryex, and Blacksmith Shop by ForeverZer0 (which loves to cause me trouble, but is a central focus of my game, thus well worth it.)

I'm working on the storyline right now, which is always troubling for me. If anyone is interested, I can make a thread about this game in more detail. I'm always open for suggestions.

Nice to meet everyone.

MarkHest

Welcome man! Nice to have you with us :buddy:

ShadowPierce

Welcome to the forum that will make all RM's obsolete! Have fun! :D

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

SBR*

Welcome to CP :). I'm quite interested in that game of yours; perhaps you could make a post about it? Not only does it draw attention to your game, so it will be more popular when it's released, but it might also motivate you.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.