[?]How to Perform Mouse/Keyboard Actions with a Script

Started by Aqua, April 11, 2012, 10:56:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

I'm doing some art stuff where it's very repetitive in that I...
Click one button at Point(X0, Y0),
Click a text field at Point(X1, Y1),
Enter Variable A,
Click a text field at Point(X2, Y2),
Enter Variable B,
Variable B++;
Repeat N times.

Using a script to do this for me would be VERY helpful, but I don't know how to do it.
Anyone want to help? :P  I'll love you long timez if you do.
It should hopefully be able to work despite what desktop applications/windows are active and whatnot, in case I need this thing across different applications.

I would attempt to google some stuff to figure it out... But I have to do this art thingie right now xD

Ryex

well what you need a a macro program that can record and play back mouse and key presses. I honestly don't have any knowledge of such a thing but surely it exists.

EDIT:

a quick goole search reveals this

http://www.autohotkey.com/

no clue as to it's quality and such but it does have some quality webdesign so that's a good sign. it does appear to have scripting functionality so good luck I guess.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Aqua

Hm... wonder why I didn't find that when I googled...
I'll play around with it later.
Thanks Ry.