The Seed of Inquisition

Started by Bigfoot, April 15, 2012, 06:08:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

The Seed of Inquisition.  Ahh, it was so much fun.  Unfortunately, I must abandon it.  I'm moving on to something a LOT different.  But I'll leave it here for anyone to check out.  Once you see "GAME OVER", that's as far as I went with it.  Too bad too.  It had a great story, all of which was written before I even started the game.  It's loosely based off of the short novel "Anthem" by Ayn Rand.  Feel free finish the game if you wish (notice I left it unencrypted).

My new game will, in a way, be my life's work.  Survival.  I've been studying and practicing wilderness survival and primitive living skills for 13 years now.  It's a dream of mine to create a game which will teach the average Joe some of these skills and still be fun to play at the same time.  RMXP can do it.  I'm already quite familiar with the engine, so it'll just take a lot of creative elements to get it running the way I need it to.  Before I get too involved with this game, I must do something I've been planning for years.  One year in the wild.  I know, I know, everyone thinks I'm either crazy or suicidal, but it's something I must do.  A month or two just won't cut it anymore.  I need to experience all the seasons in all of their power and glory.  I've already quit my job and got my gear together.  I'm leaving on May 1st for the dense forests of northern Wisconsin.  When I'm not gathering food or doing other survival chores, I'll be brainstorming ideas for the survival game (like I don't have enough already!).  Upon my return to civilization (assuming I don't die), I will begin the survival game.  Wish me luck, call me an idiot, do as you wish.  With less than two weeks left, I'm just trying to gather the resources need to construct this game.  Whatever you do, don't steal my idea please!  It will be a free game, so just let me make it right.  It needs to be authentic, and after a year of walking the walk, I'll be sure that's the case.

So anyways, here's "The Seed of Inquisition":

http://www.sendspace.com/file/11ephe

Subsonic_Noise

I command you that you, during your survival year, wear a loin cloth and introduce yourself to women with "Me tarzan, You jane".

Bigfoot

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on April 15, 2012, 06:20:28 pm
I command you that you, during your survival year, wear a loin cloth and introduce yourself to women with "Me tarzan, You jane".

Already have a rabbit fur loin cloth!  ;)

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Bigfoot on April 15, 2012, 06:28:42 pm
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on April 15, 2012, 06:20:28 pm

Already have a rabbit fur loin cloth!  ;)

I hate you

Bigfoot

After reading Trollses' Castaway thread, I see I'm not the first to have the idea.  Don't worry, this will be much different.  Without pulling out my notes, here are a few features I plan on having included.
-Day and Night cycles
-Dynamic Weather (effects things such as firestarting in the rain)
-Encumbrance System (I'm counting on you ForeverZerO!)
-Nurtrition Meters (Not just Hunger, but Protein, Fat, and Carbs)
-Skills: Shelter, Water, Fire, Woodcraft, Stonecraft, Bonecraft, Tracking, Stalking, Trapping, Fishing, Foraging, Agriculture, Weaving, Pottery, Tanning, First Aid, Cooking, etc.
-Abilities: After reaching a certain level in an appropriate skill, abilities will be learned (i.e. After reaching a certain level in the Fishing and Trapping skills, the Tip-up ability is learned.)
-Karma (still figuring out a good name for it) System: Certain actions will be either possitive or negative with the native spirits.  The players' rapport with these spirits will effect the outcome of various events and actions.
-Other ideas I can't think of at the moment.

Either way, I plan on making this very original.  Maybe not even technically an RPG.

Calintz

it sounds very compelling. the only turn off is that there will be no production for more than a year.

Bigfoot

Yeah, I know.  But you can look at my adventure as production I guess.  Just hope I make it out alive so I can work on this!