The Effects of Emasculation

Started by Blizzard, April 23, 2012, 03:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

Let's take another perspective on the matter.

Why should men be masculine and women be feminine? Who decides what is masculine and what is feminine? Why should one sex act differently than the other?
I think no-one should be a pushover, men and women alike. Neither should anyone have a victim mentality and bash people who "oppress" them. I think people should be whatever they want to be, regardless of their genitals. I like baking, I use mostly female characters in fighting games, I have hair that reaches to my shoulders, I have hardly any muscle at all, I have no problem making gay or feminizing jokes about myself or do my hair to a feminine hairdo, I don't watches sports and I don't especially like beer. And I identify myself as a heterosexual man.
My point is that men don't have to be as manly as possible. My point is definitely not that men have to be feminine and women masculine. My point is that everyone should be equal, regardless of sex or mental characteristics that are generally considered manly or womanly. And being a pushover shouldn't be resented only on men.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Ranquil on October 19, 2013, 10:42:10 am
My point is that everyone should be equal, regardless of sex or mental characteristics that are generally considered manly or womanly. And being a pushover shouldn't be resented only on men.

That. I agree with that part 100%

As to your description, I'm about the same; I have a little bit of muscle, being a prior military member, and my hair never reaches to my shoulders, but I generally choose female characters as well, don't really care for sports, like cooking and baking, can't stand beer at all, unless already buzzed from something vodka-based, and, I can tolerate being the butt-end of a joke within reason of course. Yet I have a daughter, and, am engaged to a beautiful, sexy woman; so the point stands - Why should one sex act differently than the other?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

October 19, 2013, 12:12:55 pm #42 Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:27:04 pm by Blizzard
Keep in mind one thing: Men are men and women are women. Of course there are individual differences and some may be more or less masculine or feminine, but that isn't the point. Just like you can't stop a cat from being a cat, you can't stop a man from being a man or a woman from being a woman. Men and women are not equal, they are equivalent. A penis does not equal a vagina. But a penis has the same "value" as a vagina. Rather than trying to enforce some sort of equality on everybody, we should make sure that we enforce equivalency and treat them equivalent. The difference between these two terms is huge.
The point isn't the make one gender seem less than the other, but to embrace our differences and strength to complement each other rather than fighting about trivial things about who's better at what.

Before someone starts being defensive with "But I am just sensitive!", they should first reconsider who they truly are and whether they are just hiding behind a facade of weakness to get pity and other secondary emotional payoff rather than cutting the bullshit and embracing their true self (lol, I am saying this as if one could do that just like that and doesn't require years of self-development). I'm not saying that everybody does it, but a majority of the people sadly does it. And who's to say that you can't be empathic and manly? These are not mutually exclusive. I think the "pussy" vs. "sensitive" argument from before is a very good explanation of this from another perspective.

EDIT: Manliness is not about being physically strong or showing off or stuff like that. Manliness is about the strength of mind, willpower and confidence.

How did the saying go? A rich man doesn't have a need to tell everybody that he's rich. The same goes for a masculine man. A masculine man doesn't need to prove himself to anyone. But on the flipside, a true man also understands his weaknesses and shortcomings. He does not try to hide them, but he actively works on fixing/improving them if he can.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ranquil

Quote from: Blizzard on October 19, 2013, 12:12:55 pm
Keep in mind one thing: Men are men and women are women. Of course there are individual differences and some may be more or less masculine or feminine, but that isn't the point. Just like you can't stop a cat from being a cat, you can't stop a man from being a man or a woman from being a woman. Men and women are not equal, they are equivalent. A penis does not equal a vagina. But a penis has the same "value" as a vagina. Rather than trying to enforce some sort of equality on everybody, we should make sure that we enforce equivalency and treat them equivalent. The difference between these two terms is huge.
The point isn't the make one gender seem less than the other, but to embrace our differences and strength to complement each other rather than fighting about trivial things about who's better at what.

Before someone starts being defensive with "But I am just sensitive!", they should first reconsider who they truly are and whether they are just hiding behind a facade of weakness to get pity and other secondary emotional payoff rather than cutting the bullshit and embracing their true self (lol, I am saying this as if one could do that just like that and doesn't require years of self-development). I'm not saying that everybody does it, but a majority of the people sadly does it. And who's to say that you can't be empathic and manly? These are not mutually exclusive. I think the "pussy" vs. "sensitive" argument from before is a very good explanation of this from another perspective.

EDIT: Manliness is not about being physically strong or showing off or stuff like that. Manliness is about the strength of mind, willpower and confidence.

How did the saying go? A rich man doesn't have a need to tell everybody that he's rich. The same goes for a masculine man. A masculine man doesn't need to prove himself to anyone. But on the flipside, a true man also understands his weaknesses and shortcomings. He does not try to hide them, but he actively works on fixing/improving them if he can.

Here are three things I want to point out to you:
1. Physical sex ≠ gender identity
2. "Just like you can't stop a cat from being a cat, you can't stop a man from being a man or a woman from being a woman." seems to be a bit off. Ever heard of transgendre people or those who've born with ambiguous sex organs? Besides, what's you point about "stopping" someone being a man or a woman? Stopping someone from being what society considers to be masculine or feminine, for example your strength of mind, willpower and confidence?
3. Strength of mind, willpower and confidence are qualities that describe a generally awesome person, not just a manly man. A woman with those qualities is equally as awesome. Or "equivalent", whatever floats your boat.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Blizzard

1. Where did you get that assumption? I didn't even mention the word sex.

2. Uhm, the very definition of masculine includes confidence. The definition of feminine includes empathy. I think you are completely missing my point here. What I am trying to say is that you can't change someone's identity. If somebody naturally responds to something, yes, they can deny it their entire life, but that's not gonna make them happy, that's not who they are. If somebody is homosexual, acting like a heterosexual their entire life obviously has heavy consequences for their general well-being. But the opposite is true as well. Heterosexuality is more common than homosexuality. It's similar for men and women. Today's society encourages men to be wimps which is against their nature. Obviously I am generalizing as there are naturally "wimpy" men (which I a bad way of saying it, I know, but bear with me for the sake of easier comparison) and "strong" women just like there are homosexual people and they are a minority. But all of that still doesn't change the fact that society discourages men to be strong and women to be weak. This forces people to act against their genetic nature.

3. Yes, of course. But that doesn't change the fact that these are masculine traits just as e.g. empathy, sensuality and intuition are feminine traits. These also make an awesome person that is no less awesome than a person with those masculine traits.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.