1st Annual Chaos Project Indie Developer Competition

Started by RoseSkye, April 24, 2012, 09:25:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

@Blizz With all due respect, don't you think giving people more time would be in everyone's best interest?

More entries to completion, and higher quality entries are to the benefit of all of us.

Just my opinion.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Blizzard

That's true. But if some people enter now and some people enter in 2 months, this is a significant disadvantage for all the contestants that have entered so late. Besides, the attention span of a new project usually is around 2-3 weeks. After that people kinda doze off and stop working on it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

AliveDrive

This is true.

How do you feel about unique content for games?
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Vexus

Leave it at 1 month limit, it's a 1 hour length project that needs to have a sort of story/meaning with bosses that need some strategy to beat.

1 month is enough imo.
Current Project/s:

Blizzard

@AliveDrive: The more, the better. But obviously the games are supposed to be more unique through gameplay instead of graphics and audio. Of course, if you can get some additional unique game content, it will improve your chances to win.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

AliveDrive

Right, my favorite thing to try and do is make something never before seen with the standard RTP.

Calintz

let us know when this becomes 100% official, and what day we can begin working on our projects.

AliveDrive

*Opens RPG Maker XP for the first time since June and begins early developmental brainstorming.*

element

What do you guys think about teaming up?

Stripe and me would be up for the task.

Blizzard

Rose, it you're reading this, put together a topic for this and PM it to me for review. I'll check it and send it back to you for another review. I'm not sure if we can already start with sign-ups. If I'm not wrong, there are still people who aren't done with school stuff.

element

In about 3 - 4 weeks everyone should be ready.

the only thing that could keep people from participating then is vacations :D

RoseSkye

It's in your hands, Blizz. You can start whenever you like and if you wish you can extend the duration.

AliveDrive