Creativity and Logic

Started by Lobstrosity, April 25, 2012, 11:29:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobstrosity

How do you think? Creatively or logically? Or a bit of both?
Although it's good to have characteristics of both, most people are more one or the other. If you've ever done one of those left/right-brained tests (Which are apparently quite accurate), you might be shown a percentage indicating which side of the brain you use and thus, whether you think creatively or logically. I've tried a variety of tests and was quite interested with the results. I thought I'd be left-brained (Logic, critical-thinking, etc) but all results showed up right-brained (Creative, philosophical, etc).
Feel free to post the way you think and if you've taken one of these tests, your reaction to the results.
Also, most people would think that left-brained thinkers are good at "logical subjects" such as Math and Science and right-brained thinkers are good at "creative subjects" like Music and Art. However, if a right-brained person has an answer to a question, they will try and think of the ways they received that answer. I think that this is a helpful skill when studying "logical subjects."
I'm interested to see what some people think about this.  :rite:
Don't come any closer. I'm armed... with SCIENCE!

ShadowPierce

I've always thought I'm a logical person and a lot of people I know seems to agree as well, but my family says that I'm more inclined to creativity because of my interests (art, music, game dev, etc.) so I'm assuming I might be a balance of both (and I'm a Libra, to boot. Not that I believe in horoscopes :xD:). + 1 to both

When it comes to answering questions and responding to other people, I seem to think of a few possible answers and stick with those, though. My mind doesn't wander too far from reality. Also, I don't lie (as far as I know) so my answers are narrowed down further. + 1 to Logic

On the other hand, I can appreciate most forms of art (exceptions are modern art and abstract sculptures). As a teenager, I've been commended by a lot of adults in art exhibits for my interpretation of various paintings. I also enjoy almost all the genres of music (except rap). In addition to that, I can play lots of musical instruments (real ones, not digital stuff) and am currently striving to learn as many as I can. + 1 to Creativity

I can go on but I don't think I'll say I'm one more of the other. It's a very close one so I'll just call it a draw. :P

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

ForeverZer0

The two are not exclusive of each other, which seems to be a common misconception.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

I like to think of it as the conscious mind being logical, and the subconscious mind being creative.  A person's logical abilities would correspond to the strength of their conscious mind, and their creative abilities would correspond to the strength of their subconscious mind.  I like to think it explains why we as humans like art: because it allows our subconscious to communicate with the subconscious of others.

AliveDrive

Deep winkio.

That was creatively logical. :P
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.