[Resolved][XP] BABS Actor Configuration

Started by Andreavnn, April 25, 2012, 11:59:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreavnn

April 25, 2012, 11:59:31 am Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:17:20 pm by Andreavnn
I am currently starting to work on making action sprites for my main actor. I have images for my actor and the weapon is going to use, however the weapon isn't lining up right with him. I think it is a graphical issue with my sprite being a little small than the normal ones and no having an actual (_atk1) sprite. What I am looking for it someone to help me configure my actors sprite into one where he looking like he is swinging a sword and then edit the weapon sprite so it fits him correctly. :/ Kind of much to ask for I understand any help would be appreciated.  :)

Actor Sprite
Spoiler: ShowHide

Weapon Sprite

ShadowPierce

That can easily achieved by adding pixels of 4 on the canvass then moving the whole image by highlighting all (Ctrl+A) then pressing a direction button a few times to align it. A little trial and error, but hey, you can't achieve something until you try it, right? ;)

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Andreavnn

I see, I can manage that. Photoshop right? What is the drop downpath for that? Is it under edit or another option? My photoshop-fu isnt the greatest.

ShadowPierce

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Andreavnn

:'( I don't know anything about GIMP  :shy: I guess I could learn. Is there a trial version I can download and use?

Blizzard

GIMP is free software and you don't have to pay for it.
Though it doesn't matter. If SP uses GIMP to edit the file and saves it as PNG again, there is no difference. Same goes for Photoshop.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Andreavnn

GIMP is free? WTF am I doing using photoshop  :facepalm: I was even thinking about buy it, I mean not just for RPGXP of course. But still. Another save. Thanks guys. I don't think SP is going to edit them for me, I don't think.  :???: I am going to at least give it a try myself.

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Andreavnn

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 25, 2012, 05:26:55 pm
Quote from: Andreavnn on April 25, 2012, 04:48:46 pm
I was even thinking about buy it

People still do this?

Of course people do, we the people of a economical society always purchase our software and other goods the legal way to support our industries *cough, cough* 

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Andreavnn

I know right, and they wonder way so many people try to get it the illegal way. USD $199.00 for CS6

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Andreavnn on April 25, 2012, 05:31:18 pm
Of course people do, we the people of a economical society always purchase our software and other goods the legal way to support our industries *cough, cough*  

Good boy. ;)

Quote from: Blizzard on April 25, 2012, 06:36:15 pm
Photoshop is quite expensive.

Indeed.
And how many of us use Visual Studio Ultimate? Luckily we are all rich and could afford it.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Andreavnn

April 25, 2012, 06:50:02 pm #12 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:10:03 pm by Andreavnn
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 25, 2012, 06:46:31 pm

Good boy. ;)

I will accept no less than a pat on the head and one chocolate chip cookie!  :D

*EDIT*  I am having a problem, I got GIMP and being playing with it and my weapon image. I can't seem to get it right I increased the canvass size by 4 pixels and Ctrl+A and moved it down by 4. It didn't work correctly so then I tried to move if right a few pixels then moved the lower two graphics back left to make it line up right and I got the following now. I guess I will need to do some more trial and error, any advice?

Right Swing

Left Swing

AliveDrive

I've seen too many documentaries to give a sh!t about the (insane) profits of a couple of fat old suits. :D
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Andreavnn

Can anyone help get this thing lined up please, I just fail at this I think. I am going to try again when I get home from work.   :facepalm:

diagostimo

Andreavnn

April 26, 2012, 06:50:07 pm #16 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:17:03 pm by Andreavnn
Thanks diagostimo, I will plugin it in as soon as I get home if my son isn't still awake. I will let you know.  :haha:

*EDIT* +1 Diagostimo worked great! Only thing is on the swing when facing right you catch about 1 or 2 pixels of another image as the picture flips through. But nothing to be too upset about it works. Thanks again!