[Resolved]New HUD idea

Started by Andreavnn, April 25, 2012, 06:09:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreavnn

April 25, 2012, 06:09:12 pm Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:00:49 pm by Andreavnn
I remember once seeing a LOZ game that had a sundial in the HUD anyone remember if that is true or if I am just crazy? :wacko:

*EDIT* Anyways, It does matter what I was wanting is to see what they did. I am thinking about making a new part to my HUD for night and day time. It would be next to the HUD or on top the the screen and would use events to check what "time" it is and the picture would change according. This is what I wiped up at work with MS paint, mind you I will make a much better version this weekend.

Morning
Spoiler: ShowHide

Daytime

Evening

Night

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

you mean majora's mask? or a fan game?

dam he beat me too it lol

Andreavnn

April 25, 2012, 06:40:04 pm #3 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:12:47 pm by Andreavnn
Thanks Blizz, I couldn't remember. I didn't play Majora's Mask for too long it wasn't my cup of tea.

*EDIT*  Thanks Zexion :)
**EDIT**

Here is the common event I setup and a par. process on each outside map will call it.

When I load the game though the picture pops up once then disappears. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Landith

Check to make sure you don't have any events that remove picture 1... Also make sure you erase the picture after it becomes night otherwise I'm not sure it will update properly. It's also a good idea to have the pictures separate so it's not show picture 1 then show picture 1 but show picture 1 then show picture 2. Also it might be continually trying to update it, so add a 'exit event process' at the end of the event calling the common event.

Andreavnn

I created the par. process on the map and when I hit start new game I get an error

Par. Process

Common Event

Error
Script 'ATES' Line 353: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'day' for #<Game_ATES;0x8xbfafa8>

diagostimo

instead of checking that its  ATES.day or ATES.night, why dont you check that the night switch is on that you use for your enemies? im not sure but maybe theres conflict because its trying to check it twice with both parrallel processes, heres an example of what i mean:

condition night switch == on
  erase picture1
  show picture2: night
  exit event
else
  erase picture2
  show picture1: day
  exit event

Andreavnn

April 26, 2012, 10:57:14 am #7 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:52:46 am by Andreavnn
@siagostimo I don't get the error anymore, but it only displays the night graphic and when the DSWITCH turns on the image doesn't change. :( I have it setup like this.

*EDIT* That image is wrong, I fixed it. But not only the day image will show not the night, it flashes once when the game starts.

Vexus

Remember if there is already a picture with tag 1 showing on the map another picture with tag 1 won't show.
Current Project/s:

Andreavnn

I edited the event and fixed the tags, still same problem.  :facepalm:

diagostimo

it should be like so:
condition night switch == on
  erase picture1
  show picture2: night
  exit event
else
  erase picture2
  show picture1: day
  exit event
see that you erase pic 1 when pic 2 is shown, then you erase pic 2 when pic 1 is shown, if you want a picture to be constantly displayed then theres no need to delete it in the same condition, also i would test it withouth the exit event

Vexus

Well erase event will "remove" the event until you re-enter the same map again, that could be your problem.
Current Project/s:

Andreavnn

April 26, 2012, 04:55:43 pm #12 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:02:26 pm by Andreavnn
Okay, thanks guys I will look into it when I get home from work tonight. The weekend is so close!

*EDIT* Thanks Vexus and Diagostimo +1 everything works just fine. Yup, edited my images a little bit to clean them up. Will still need new ones before release. Now if I can just edit ATES so there are switches for morning and evening I can add graphics for those too. Also edit the how long each of those events last too like night and day. :)

diagostimo

try this:

you can also use  $game_system.ates.time.min == to check the mins so if you wanted to check if its 10:30 you would do the following:
condition:$game_system.ates.time.hour == 10
  condition:$game_system.ates.time.min == 30
    @>
  branch end
  @>
branch end
you can change the hours to whatever you want thats just an example :)

Andreavnn