A better version of this tileset

Started by Vexus, April 26, 2012, 05:48:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vexus

April 26, 2012, 05:48:45 pm Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:51:01 pm by Vexus
Hi, well I was wondering if anyone knew if there is any better version of this tileset (Link: http://www.ninesages.org/XP_Album/displayimage.php?album=83&pos=34) with more options on rocks, vegetations, etc etc

If you don't know any I wouldn't mind other tilesets that could match the style and I would merge them together into a single tileset myself. It's kinda annoying making decent maps with so little options.

These are just examples I did with the few options available:

Spoiler: ShowHide

As you can see there is a bit of a repetition (I kinda hate the repetitions I had to use for the rock but since there's only one to choose from I had no choice :/)

(These where going to be used on the competition project but well it's stopped for now so better time for me to find more tilesets in advance :) )
Current Project/s:

Andreavnn

You might try Mack's tilesets that aren't as modern as the one you are using, but you might like them. I don't remember which download they are inside of. There are also a lot of other tileset in there you might like. There is a whole modern folder.

Tileset 2D (1,2,3)

Vexus

I have downloaded that already but I didn't find any similar in it.

The sad thing is that the modern are not split from the others so having to check over a thousand tilesets is a real pain in the ass (I could have skipped some without noticing tough as there are too many in there).
Current Project/s:

ShadowPierce

You could just try taking some parts from other tilesets and adding it to the one you're using... :P

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Vexus

Yea, well first I'd need to find matching ones.  ;)
Current Project/s:

Andreavnn

Yeah, It took my like two hours to go through half of one file. It can be a pain.  :wacko:

ShadowPierce

@Vexus:
So you don't have the tileset for those screenshots? If not, maybe you can check out RMXP's example game KNightMare (or soemthing, I really can't remember the title that well), I believe those screenshots came from that game... ;)

@And:
Sure, but the result can be very rewarding... :3

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Vexus

No, I have that tileset (I even linked it) I just was wondering if there was an updated version with more rocks, plants, whatever as it kinda gets repetitive with the limited amount of stuff it has.

Those screens are maps I did and while they don't look bad (Or at least in my eyes) having to leave the grass/terrain so empty irks me. :(
Current Project/s: