Project Logo

Started by Andreavnn, April 26, 2012, 11:03:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreavnn

Where does everyone make or get their project logos? Are you just creating them with GIMP or something? Been seeing all kinds of neat ones and I think I would like to have one for my project too.  :shy:

ForeverZer0

Likely either Photoshop or GIMP, although any image editor would work, such as Paint.NET, etc.
Photoshop is without a doubt the most powerful, but it has a bit of a learning curve.
GIMP is somewhat of a compromise between ease of use, and powerful functionality. Its power is eclipsed by Photoshop, but all the tools needed to create a nice logo are there.

No matter what tool you are using, you still need to have the artistic talent to make it, though.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Andreavnn

Okay, I figured that I was just wondering what everyone used.  :haha:

ForeverZer0

If recommend Photoshop. Its overwhelming at first, but keep googling and following tutorials to the letter, and within a short time, you will find yourself doing things without instructions automatically. It just takes the initial investment of time and determination getting to that point, as with any other skill.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

ShadowPierce

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 26, 2012, 11:45:29 pm
If recommend Photoshop. Its overwhelming at first, but keep googling and following tutorials to the letter, and within a short time, you will find yourself doing things without instructions automatically. It just takes the initial investment of time and determination getting to that point, as with any other skill.

Agreed. Although I use GIMP because it is easy to use, it still doesn't compare to Photoshop when it comes to functionality. Try searching tutorials for applying textures, symbols and creating your own custom font then apply it to your own project logo. ;)

Mine was made by taking another game's font and modifying it a bit (thanks Fantasist! :haha: )...

Hope you have fun making your own logo... :3

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Andreavnn

Okay, thanks everyone. I will be using my google-fu tonight!

Zexion

I use gimp. Sure i'd probably get higher-res results with photoshop, but I can still make great logos in gimp, with way less confusion.