Can I be straight with yall?

Started by Taboo, April 26, 2012, 11:08:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Taboo

Just for a minute I'd like to forget all pretenses and just talk. I've got no where and no one else to do this with. I don't really care if you read this or not, I just feel like typing. So, where to start. Well, I started hanging out with these people that I've sort of known since last year. Really cool people. Down to Earth, funny, laid back, etc. All we really do is hang out, play some video games, skateboard, drive around, go eat, and smoke weed. Yep. Weed. I never really thought I'd be doing something like this, but as it turns out, almost everyone at my school does it. I'm not even exaggerating. Once I started smoking I really found out all who did it. Some people are a lot more open than others but no one really busts anyone out. You might be thinking, "Oh what a shame. He was a victim of peer pressure." That most certainly is not the case. The two guys I first started hanging out with, Josh and Joel, smoked all the time. Before school and after school, everyday. The thing is, they don't pressure anyone. They don't try to push weed onto people or anything like that. I just went up to Josh one day and said, "Hey, can I come over after school today? I feel like smoking." I had smoked weed before but that was usually at parties and I never really inhaled, I just did it to get people to shut up. What made this day different? I don't know. I can't possibly remember. All I know is I ended up with Josh and Joel and we smoked. It was nice. I love the feeling. Its the best feeling I've ever had. Most of all, I love the stress relief feeling. Not worrying about school or my dad. Not really caring about anything. Then we play video games, just listen to music, sit outside, go eat, go skateboarding, etc. Its been life changing. You know those Converse commercials and jeans commercials where it just shows a bunch of young people running around and doing random shit? Like just enjoying life, you know? That's what my life has become most days. My father would never understand or approve for that matter. I understand that its illegal and its not something I should be doing, and there will come a day when I know I need to grow up and stop doing it. When that day comes I will embrace it. For now, I'm just enjoying having fun and living life like I should have been all these years. With my friends. I've always spent all my time in my room. By myself. Just playing video games. All the time, since I was young. I've always lived too far from friends to ever really go anywhere. I was also too fat to do anything athletic like ride a bike or skateboard. Now, I still live far from friends, but I can drive. And when I get to my friends' houses, we ride bikes and skateboard and enjoy the day and the weather. Its a wonderful thing. If you're still reading, I applaud your dedication. I decided to write this because I've been waiting on some school work from a friend but it seems he'll never give it to me. Its a shame really. If I don't get this work I'm probably gonna fail the class. I can probably convince her to give me an extension but I honestly don't care. I have a whole semester open next year anyway if I need to retake any classes. Its a relatively easy class anyway. I don't really know when I stopped giving a damn about school. It just sort of happened. My GPA and standardized test scores are good enough to get me anywhere I want to go. I got a job today. A new fast food place is opening up. I don't know any of the other employees and this is my first job. I'm a little nervous. I need the money though, my parents won't pay for my gas anymore. Swim training starts soon. I gotta get my lazy ass back in shape for summer swim team and then the school team next year. I've been doing nothing too much lately. Well, it seems like I'm starting to ramble, so I'll end it here.

winkio

Doing drugs may make you feel good, but it doesn't actually address any problems in your life.  Growing up isn't something that happens "when the time is right."  It's an ongoing process of taking responsibility and learning how to live independently, and many people choose to completely avoid it.

Also, don't fool yourself into thinking drugs are a reward for putting up with normal day to day life.  They represent only your failure to overcome obstacles and grow as a person.  Perhaps I don't know you all that well, perhaps this is none of my business, but I just want to ask you to consider to stop doing drugs, get your life under control, and take advantage of your potential.

Landith

Drugs aren't necessarily the problem, sure they lead to the problems but once you get your life priorities messed up that's when you need to realize it's time to put that joint down. Enjoying life is great sure, but there will come a time when you are on your own and you realize you don't really have anything going for you. Always make sure you have something going for you otherwise you will crash and burn.

I'm not against weed. I even smoke when I have creative problems. But when it gets to the point where you are doing nothing with your life, that's when you need to stop and get your life on track. I've seen it happen to tons of people but I've also known a lot of very successful stoners. Our valedictorian at our school smokes. I'm not saying it's ok to smoke. In fact I will never let any of my friends smoke because I don't want them doing something stupid with their life.

Also I know some people who are dependent on that feeling weed gives you. They have to smoke to be happy and if they don't they get cranky. As long as it doesn't have any negative output on your life then it's ok.

I completely agree with Winkio's statement by the way. It's a personal choice to smoke, I'm not judging you at all..but I definitely agree with Winkio's statement about getting your life under control and stop doing drugs if you have just finally concluded that you haven't been doing much besides hanging with friends smoking weed.

Now off of the whole weed thing.... It's good that you got a job and you're hanging with friends. Friends are an important part of not going completely bonkers. Don't let other people cause you to fail classes though. Take the initiative to go and get your homework so you can do it and turn it in to pass.

I've been known to put off school work as long as possible because I'm lazy but it gets you no where.. I know you don't want to but I suggest asking the teacher for an extension if it means passing or failing. Don't stop caring about school. I did that my sophomore year and I regretted it. My GPA right now is a staggering 2.5 and I'm way above that. If you work your ass off now you will thank yourself in the future. Even if it's an 'easy class' it's still a class you should pass. You can use that open semester making money instead of making up classes that you were too lazy to do the work. 

ForeverZer0

I will make it brief, because I am on my way to bed.

Alright, I will get a but personal here. Just last month marked my 3rd year of sobriety.  It started out exactly like you describe. I was basically a normal kid, perhaps a bit introverted, but happy enough. In my early teenage years I smoked weed a bit socially at parties, etc, and would drink. No big deal really. I think the majority, although not nearly all, of people at least try smoking weed at least once in their life.  Over the next couple years, smoking and drinking progressed into an everyday think. Before school, during school, out with friends after, and every time in between.

After I graduated, my weed habbit developed into an Oxycontin habit, and yeah, I was one of them "I'll never do hard stuff, just smoke weed" people, too, so saying that don't mean shit. After a few years of smoking weed, it becomes ordinary, and those other things become more and curious.  I had since tried a plethora of other drugs before this, but apparently my drug of choice was opiates, because my life became a train wreck for the next 6 years.

Once you get really hooked, you will be really surprised how fast all them "things I will never do" go flying right out the window. I've broke into houses, robbed people at gun point, and did all other manners of really grimy shit to get money for my habit. I stole from my family, lied to and manipulated everyone in sight, whatever it took.

The last year of my using was the worse. Simply snorting Oxys wasn't doing it for anymore, and I upgraded to heroin. Now I have always had a fear of needles growing up, but before you know it I was turning myself into a human pin cushion. You want to talk about feeling like a piece of shit? Image yourself Think about sitting on a dirty couch inside some run-down fiends house, and watching yourself stick a needle in your arm. The whole time I am thinking "what has my life come to...?", but there I was, and that thought didn't stop me.

I'll spare the rest of the details for now, but a few months later, I went to rehab for the 3rd time, and I managed to actually remain clean. I had to get to the bottom apparently before I leaned my lesson. I kept going back to it, and here is the reason why, and the reason I made this entire long-winded post: It made me feel like I belonged. Like I said, I was a bit introverted, and although I had a few close friends, I always felt that there was SOMETHING missing, and when I did drugs (yes, even weed), I felt better. I met new people, and I felt like I was a part of that group. I was one of them. This may not sound like much to many people, but when you feel you have been lacking it all your life, though never previously defined, it is a good feeling. And now I get to the point. You can't fill the holes in your own soul from the outside. Drugs will not help fill them holes like they may feel like, they help you forget, but the holes still remain, and only get bigger. You need yo really take some time for yourself, and make a brutally honest self-inventory. Find what is missing in YOU, and find ways to fill it internally, without the "aid" of drugs.

I can honestly say that the past 3 years have been the best of my life. I have leaned much about myself, and have become honest with myself, and surrounded myself with people that will call me on my bullshit when I am not. Nothing especially "great" happened, I just learned to see life through a different say of eyes, and have a new perspective on everything. I have no idea why I chose to go off on a rant, but some things you said reminded me of my own thoughts over 10 years ago, although I didn't have the clarity to recognize it back then what it meant. I just hope this whole post is wasted, you think I am crazy, and you never take the path I took in any way, but in the off chance that it helps in any way, I suppose it is worth it.

I'm going to bed now.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

Whoa.  This thread just got serious.  I still don't know if that post is entirely true or partially meant to scare people away from drugs, but either way, thanks for posting.

Subsonic_Noise

April 27, 2012, 04:20:37 am #5 Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:21:39 am by Subsonic_Noise
I myself experimented with alot of drugs and never became addicted, skipping things like valium, coke, speed, etc, though. I've been clean for months. Weed is pretty harmless when it comes to health, but you need to watch yourself not to over do it. It happens fast and I saw it with a few of my friends - When you're not high, you'll start feeling demotivated and bored. You won't know what to do with youself anymore, and you might be depressed, etc. I'm all for smoking weed over drinking alcohol, but make sure you have yourself under control. One of the most dangerous things you can do is take any drug to forget about problems, which is part of what it sounds like from what you said - this can lead to a psychological addiction after a while. Be careful with that. If you want to keep doing it, you should take breaks every now and then, even if it's just to see if you -can- still take breaks.
Yes Weed is a gateway drug, and even though I do support its legalisation (which would get rid of the gateway factor, too), I'll tell you to be very careful about this. Opiates, things like Coke, Valium, etc.. not even once. A girlfriend of a friend of mine became addicted to the last two, and let me tell you, that's not fun at all.

So, in general: Weed is fine, just watch how often and why you do it, and how it affects you. If you can't, just ask a friend maybe.

diagostimo

i dont want to scare anyone away from smoking weed, by all means if it makes you happy do it, i see it just like alcohol or tobacco, there all drugs and there all addictive, and one of these is the choice of reconciling in the modern society, its only human to let your hair down, so my story, i started smoking at the age of 13, it was overwhelming at first it actually scared me, but after time it grew on me just like anything, i would smoke out with my mates on mornings before school, on a lunch, afterschool and all weekend long, later into my teens i would steal up to 200 english pounds a fortnight to feed my habit, then one day my mum caught me in the act and that soon went out the window, i quit for roughly a week till i was tempted again.
at the age of 16 i graduated school and decided to move to the city into student housing and attend college, this was basicly me setting my rains loose and getting away from the parents, even though i was tricking myself i was mature enough to take control of my life, so the pinical of meeting people was through smoking weed, i met a large group of friend that all smoked, don't get me wrong there all good people, so the difference here is now im in the city and there's so much more opertunity to other drugs, and my friend also take other drugs, so now i opened myself up to new drugs, i was necer peer presured into taking them, i actually pushed myself towards them, so now i was taking the following drugs: weed, speed, ecstasy, ketamine(or however its spelt), acid, tci (a very powerful halogen) and mushrooms, and this was all over a period of 2 years whilst i studied in york, i had a three week bender constantly hooked on speed, at one point when tripping on mushrooms i actually atempted suicide, basicly i was tripping so bad i was in the dark in my bedroom and all sorts of shit was going through my head, i just wanted it to end, so i launched myself head first at my window, never went through just knocked myself out, when i came round i was like why the fuck did i do that, but lets be honest, i wasnt in a rational state, if you would like to know i actually ate around 200 mushrooms that night plus mushroom tea so theres no fucking wonder i was in that state, so after this shit goes down i really start to want to move back home, just so temptation is removed and i never fall into a state like this again, but i continue to complete my study, i continued to take drugs in the meantime but i was very cautious with myself now, then when the time came i moved back to my home town, i basicly went cold turkey from everything except weed, and i felt the affects on my body that my lifestyle had done to me, so 2 years down the line im now 20, i no longer smoke weed, i have quite smoking weed, havnt had a smoke for about 5 months, also i have quite smoking completly, i drink on a weekend and have never felt better, if i was given the opportunity to smoke weed now i would probably take it, but i wouldnt let it rule my life, it would just be a one off, the fact is when everyone starts smoking weed they say ill never do this and that, but thats not true, as soon as it become a daily occurrence you end up seeking a better buzz, and then that leads further, i was just lucky to end it when i did, alot of people cant take that turn point when they have it, i hope my story has been an insparation, and not let it affect your judgment but reconsider the possibilities of certain choices you come across :)

Subsonic_Noise

You ate 200 mushrooms? Are you fucking kidding me?
This story just supports what I said.. drugs that aren't strongly physically addicting are fine as long as you have yourself under control, which this gentleman didn't. :P It needs alot of self-awareness to realize that you don't though.

Taboo

Well, it seems so far like there are no real negative effects on my life. I don't smoke THAT often. It's usually about 2-3 times a week. I don't just smoke it to be social or for the stress relief. I just do it because its something I like. I understand what you mean Zero, but I've been offered pills and other things before by people and I've always turned them down. I don't even drink alcohol. I've taken breaks before. My friend, Josh, quit for a whole month just to prove to his girlfriend that he could. That he didn't need it. Being the great friend that I am, I quit with him. When we initially quit it was for an indefinite amount of time. After the month, his girlfriend was convinced so we started smoking again. My grades are still all A's, and I have an almost perfect score on the standardized test. The reason why I was waiting on that work was because they were some worksheets that we had to do for my US History class. We had a week and about 30 worksheets that we had to completely copy. I was only able to finish 5 of them. My friend had them all typed up and was going to send them to me. I don't think I'll fail, I was just really tired while writing that. It seems to me that weed hasn't effected my grades at all really.

ForeverZer0

I am just relating my personal experience, it may not apply to you, but if it means anything, I started with just smoking weed socially, and I graduated with a 4.1 GPA.  Bad grades, etc are a sign, but not a rule.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

AliveDrive

April 27, 2012, 02:38:21 pm #10 Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:46:29 pm by AliveDrive
This is long.

Spoiler: ShowHide
While living at home, I underwent a massive creative outburst on pretty much anything I could get my hands on. I've made games, played games, made music, listened to music, made art, went to museums, educated myself, and tried to give helpful advice to others on my own past experiences when they asked for it, and in general made it a goal to become a better person, not because some big dude with a curly white beard in the sky says to do it or I'll be in timeout, but because I know it's the right thing to do, and doing it all while still smoking the occasional bowl.

I quit smoking weed recently, I don't know yet if I've outgrown it, but I fully support its use responsibly and when used for recreational purposes. During the past couple years, I've learned some valuable things.

Allow me to speak more to that.

- If you allow anything to control you, then it is bad for you, I don't care if it's sandwiches you're abusing.

- For those who may not know much about the stuff, anything you've seen in the media about cannabis is more than likely misconstrued to fit in with the agenda of the person making said media.

For instance, cannabis is a Schedule I drug in the U.S.A. right now, I think even people with little experience with the drug (let's say you know a friend that does it) can agree that this doesn't belong on the same list or in the same category as meth, heroine, crack-cocaine, or the myriad of other drugs it is all too often grouped in with.

In fact, it is my belief that we're cannabis be regulated like alcohol, then it would not be sold on the black market, and kids would not be exposed to other, harder drugs.

- Pharmaceutical companies DO NOT want cannabis to be legalized. It relives a vast number of lesser symptoms in a vast number of people. Do you think they want you to be able to grow your own medicine? For free?

- Most people smoke 'weed'. There is an innate harm to the lungs whenever you are inhaling combusted materials. There are alternatives. Many people bake the active compound THC into brownies or other foods.

- Hemp, that is, Marijuana that doesn't get you high, is the most robust natural material on the planet. We used to make everything from it. There are a lot of uses, so I'll just leave you with this reference to Hemp for Victory, which was put out by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

-------------------------------------------------------

I could seriously keep going, but I think you get it.

My point is, when used responsibly, and in moderation, this is no different than drinking a few beers here and there.

I have seen many different types of people in my life, and the only ones I can't stand are the ones that refuse to listen to logic.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Spaceman McConaughey

April 27, 2012, 06:13:30 pm #11 Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:52:28 pm by Tuggernuts
I hate drugs, and I hate most people who use them. Basically, if I know you in real life, and you use, I will hate your fucking guts(there has been a long history of drug abuse in my family, and I had to be around it, and experience every negative thing that came out of it; I was just a little kid, for Christ sakes).

If I know you on the web, I don't give two shits(since it cannot effect me personally, though there are exceptions sometimes). Anyways, I am going to tell you something:
You think NOTHING bad will happen at all, even if you JUST stick to marijuana(oh, by the way, weed is such an idiotic slang word)? Yeah, Taboo, think again. Plenty bad can come from it, and while some people get lucky and live a normal life with it, you can never be sure which way it will take you.

Anyways, get ready for story time with Tuggernuts:
When I was in high school, a whole bunch of kids just couldn't shut their mouths up about smoking marijuana/whatever drugs they were on, and would just talk about it in the middle of the hallways, and expect nothing to happen, "Oh, I'm popular! Nobody would dare do a thing, because I am school-famous! DEEEERP!" ...well, that wasn't the case.

I would always go straight to the campus police, and tell them the name of whoever was dumb enough to talk about their illegal habits in the middle of a populated hallway, and they would be searched(gotta love schools; if they try to search you, you can't do shit), and their choice of drug would be found(seriously? the idiots always fucking had them on their person, or in their locker). What happened to them afterwards? Oh, well, I couldn't care either way, personally.

I did this on many separate occasions, and laughed at the results harder each time. Best part is, nobody every knew it was me ratting out the fools.

And this concludes story time with Tuggernuts! Now we see my views on drugs, and why I am done posting in this topic now. Later.

Taboo

I understand your reasons and your reservations, Tugger. I never thought that nothing negative would come out of smoking marijuana. A friend of mine was arrested for being caught with an ounce of marijuana. Like I stated in my first post. I KNOW its illegal. I KNOW you aren't supposed to have it. That's why I don't ever buy it, or have it on my person. I feel a little offended that you would share that story in the sense of trying to "awaken" me to the dangers of marijuana. Do you really think I would be stupid enough to bring an illegal drug onto school grounds? On the flipside, I do understand where you're coming from and I understand what you're trying to say, though don't you think its a bit harsh to hate someone simply because they smoke marijuana?

Spaceman McConaughey

April 27, 2012, 08:50:53 pm #13 Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:51:59 pm by Tuggernuts
Quote from: Taboo on April 27, 2012, 08:13:48 pm
I feel a little offended that you would share that story in the sense of trying to "awaken" me to the dangers of marijuana. Do you really think I would be stupid enough to bring an illegal drug onto school grounds? On the flipside, I do understand where you're coming from and I understand what you're trying to say, though don't you think its a bit harsh to hate someone simply because they smoke marijuana?

...the story wasn't meant to awaken you about anything, nor accuse you of being dumb enough to do something like that.
I wanted to share a slightly on-topic story of something I did to various kids in school for the lulz, is all. Also, if I choose to hate someone for drug use, it's for a damn good reason, since I had to grow up around it, and it fucked my family up a lot, as well as certain parts of my life. So please don't ask me if it's harsh, as that is my view on it, which will not be changed by such a petty question.

But like I said, if you're on the internet, I could care less, because you're not anywhere close to me with it. As such, it will not effect me.

Taboo

Fair enough. My apologies if I offended you.

diagostimo

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on April 27, 2012, 07:21:07 am
You ate 200 mushrooms? Are you fucking kidding me?
This story just supports what I said.. drugs that aren't strongly physically addicting are fine as long as you have yourself under control, which this gentleman didn't. :P It needs alot of self-awareness to realize that you don't though.

i think i had more thats just a rounded figure, it was stupid, i was so hooked on getting as wrecked as i could without thinking about the consequences, let alone the affects on my health and mental state, but i lived and learnt from it, so i dont see it as a mistake, and i wont make that bold of a choice again:P

Blizzard

@F0: Wow, I had no idea. O_o I'm really glad you sorted your life out.

@Taboo:

I think that the answers you are looking for are actually in your own posts. As you already said, you do it 2-3 times a week. If somebody told me they'd be drinking alcohol 2-3 a week, I'd say that they have a drinking problem, because this means that you are under influence basically one third of the time you are awake which is really a lot if you think about it.

The other thing that you said is that you stopped caring about things. Sure, there are many things in life that don't matter and as you become older, more of them become apparent. But not caring about anything is maybe even worse than caring too much about unimportant things. There are things in life that matter. One of these things is you and your growth through life. When you go through school, you grow. Your knowledge becomes greater, your social skills improve and you learn certain habits such a learning, constant working and others that will be very useful to you in your life later. When you find a job, it's similar. You learn to do things and you learn how not everything in life is something you want to do but you have to because of certain reasons. I'm sure you won't really be enjoying selling fast food as soon as you're through a couple of grumpy customers. My friend said something today that is very wise. He said that there are two states in which you are in. Either you're in comfort or you're in growth. If you're in one, you can't be in the other. So consider everything that is uncomfortable as something that will make you stronger, smarter and better. Comfort from time to time is cool. It's nice to take a break from everything and just chill. But your primary goal in life should be growth.

I am actually against drugs, but I believe that everybody should make their own choice. If you want to smoke weed, that's your decision. Because of that I also want to congratulate you on not giving into peer pressure as you said that it was your decision to start with it. It's just important that you understand how even that can lead you on the wrong path as well. But at least if you were the one to start with it, you can be the one to put a stop to it. Or at least reduce it. Think about doing it only once a week. Maybe pick a day which will be your stone-day. Something like Saturday or Sunday should be good as you can still normally function on working days.

My personal experience with drugs is very little. I once tried speed just for the heck of it and it was basically like being drunk except I could walk normally and my pupils were dilated heavily.
Apart from that I used to drink since I was 17 and I stopped a week after my 25th birthday. I had no problems with drinking, I would do it usually only when going out which was usually once a week, though there were weeks where I went out twice or even three times. I just didn't see much sense in drinking anymore. I was basically the same person drunk or sober. One similar thing between us is that I used to not care about certain things when I was drunk, too. Now I don't even care about these things while sober. I think it is a progress, because those were stupid and irrelevant things anyway.

I hope that this posts helps you understand yourself a little more and helps you remove the bad influence drugs have on your life. With that I obviously don't mean that you stop completely, as I already previously said. Just don't let it influence your life in a negative way. You told us about your friend who stopped for a month, remember? This may be a really good example actually. Could you stop for a month completely and be totally oblivious about it?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taboo

I don't think I was really looking for answers. I just felt like talking. Well, when I say 2-3 times a week, I'm not getting super baked on all those days. It's usually 4 or 5 of us and we smoke one or two blunts. So I'm only high for two or three hours. That's not nearly a third of the time I'm awake.

That's pretty deep. I agree.

I'll think about it, but as it is I don't smoke that much anyway.

Can't really say anything to this. I haven't ever drank or done speed.

Thank you for caring enough about me to take the time to post, Blizz. However, you may want to reread my first post. I said that when that friend quit for a month, I quit with him so he wouldn't have to do it alone. When it began, we didn't know how long we would be quitting for. Whether it would a week or a year. It just ended up being a month.

Futendra

In my eyes, right at this moment (I am 17 years old, living in Belgium and 5th year in middle school) weed seems pretty normal too, although I don't smoke often, almost never, I am "confronted" with it all day long, outside school, in the city, in the school toilets, in the park, everywhere it is daily. I am not against or for it but I hate how people use weed to look cool smoking a joint, for example, at school. Those people who secretly smoke weed on the school toilets get a very high status at school, which I don't understand really. When going to parties, movie marathons at friends houses or basically at every event, there are people smoking.

The effects of weed are tempting, especially since I have a difficulty to stay calm or simply relax, I am naturally nervous (FY ADHD!) and sometimes I can really use a joint. But to me, it really doesn't feel hard to get or special to do since, also around me, everyone does it.
I also lost my intrest in school, but that doesn't have to do with smoking at all for me. I am just tired of studying things I will never use later, so I lost all my intrest. I might have to do this year again since I suck at french and don't have a feel for it, and knowing that I might have to do this year again really makes me pissed, I want to get rid of middle school, it is pointless in my eyes.

@F0 Wow

SBR*

I've never come in touch with drugs, as no classmates or anybody I know use it. Ironically enough, I live in Holland, which is known for its drugs. Also, I'm not that much of an adventurous person, so I'm not really curious how it would be to use it. Another example of this is that, although I'm 16 years old at the moment, I'm not going to drink any alcohol until I'm about 20 years old.

In my honest opinion, it's fine to get high, or, for the same matter, get drunk, as long as you can control yourself. My father claims that it's kind of okay to cheat on somebody when you're drunk, because then you can't really control yourself, which I find a stupid argument; if you know you're going to do stupid things if you get drunk, you shouldn't get drunk. Same goes for drugs. Then again, I've never drunk any alcohol in my life, so this might just all be stupid and unreasonable.