Carp

Started by Andreavnn, April 27, 2012, 07:24:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreavnn

Who wants bunnies, birds or frogs running around their map when you can have carp swimming you in your water! Made this by combing  some char_sets and water. Thought it make my water feel more alive, well more than what the RTP water looks like.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Calintz

did you create this resource yourself?

Andreavnn

I combine two resources to make it, the water is from RTP and the carp I found online in a resource database.

djskagnetti

May 04, 2012, 05:53:08 pm #3 Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:50:06 pm by djskagnetti
can you make it without the water?  just the carp and the shadow?

edit:  unfortunately, the fish can't move in water.  if you set the terrain tag as passable (with a circle O), the player can walk on it.  if you set it as impassable (with an X), the fish can't move in it =(  if you give the fish event a through tag, they can move onto land, into trees, onto rocks, anywhere they feel like lol

Landith

Quote from: djskagnetti on May 04, 2012, 05:53:08 pm
can you make it without the water?  just the carp and the shadow?

edit:  unfortunately, the fish can't move in water.  if you set the terrain tag as passable (with a circle O), the player can walk on it.  if you set it as impassable (with an X), the fish can't move in it =(  if you give the fish event a through tag, they can move onto land, into trees, onto rocks, anywhere they feel like lol

You can just put events around the water blocking the fish in and the player out as well as having a seperate autotile for the water that's passable

djskagnetti

Quote from: Landith on May 05, 2012, 10:42:43 pm
Quote from: djskagnetti on May 04, 2012, 05:53:08 pm
can you make it without the water?  just the carp and the shadow?

You can just put events around the water blocking the fish in and the player out as well as having a seperate autotile for the water that's passable

yah I thought of that after I posted.  What I really wanted to do is have it so you could go 'fishing', ie, the fish get close enough to the shore (adjacent) and you can grab them out of the water.

Vexus

Make the fish with through on and make a custom movement, that's what I did in my project.
Current Project/s:

stripe103

What I'd do, is to make my own kind of random movement. But before actually moving it, check if the target tile have the right terrain tag. If it does, move. If it don't, repeat and randomize another direction.

djskagnetti

hrm... could either of you demonstrate with a screen of the event ?

stripe103

May 07, 2012, 01:28:35 am #9 Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:07:26 am by stripe103
Will do, when I'm not online on my phone and when I've installed RMXP back.. if I can find it..

EDIT: I haven't installed RMXP, so it isn't tested, but I think it should be something like this
Possible Event: ShowHide
Comment: Randomize the direction to go(I'm not even sure there is a random generator anymore. It was too long since I used RMXP..)
Change Variable: 0001: Random = Random(0..3)
Comment: If going down
Conditional Branch (0001: Random == 0)
   Comment: If the terrain tag is correct
   Conditional Branch (Script: "$game_map.terrain_tag($game_map.events[@event_id].x, $game_map.events[@event_id].y + 1) == #INSERTTERRAINTAG#")
      Move Route: Move Down
   End Branch
End Branch

Comment: If going left
Conditional Branch (0001: Random == 1)
   Conditional Branch (Script: "$game_map.terrain_tag($game_map.events[@event_id].x - 1, $game_map.events[@event_id].y) == #INSERTTERRAINTAG#")
      Move Route: Move Left
   End Branch
End Branch

Comment: If going up
Conditional Branch (0001: Random == 2)
   Conditional Branch (Script: "$game_map.terrain_tag($game_map.events[@event_id].x, $game_map.events[@event_id].y - 1) == #INSERTTERRAINTAG#")
      Move Route: Move Up
   End Branch
End Branch

Comment: If going right
Conditional Branch (0001: Random == 3)
   Conditional Branch (Script: "$game_map.terrain_tag($game_map.events[@event_id].x + 1, $game_map.events[@event_id].y) == #INSERTTERRAINTAG#")
      Move Route: Move Right
   End Branch
End Branch

Comment: Wait for X number of frames before doing the next move
Wait: 20 frames

Also, I think it should work for VX too, and maybe even Ace, but don't count on it.

djskagnetti

wow thanks!  that was a bit more complicated than expected, but i think i got it =)!  thanks again!

stripe103

Yeah well, the only reason to make your own kind of random movement is because it needs to check what the next tile's terrain tag will have, before actually moving it.
It would most likely be possible to do anyway, but I thought this was easier to accomplish.