My friend Jayme.

Started by G_G, April 30, 2012, 09:28:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

I've never been in a more depressing mood in my entire life. My best friend Jayme's dad passed away on Saturday. This was the first time I've seen him cry and something hit me hard. I haven't been the same the past couple of days and I'm gonna take an extended leave. Not for my sake, but his. What worries me is he seems already accepting of it and you never know when things like this will truly hit a person hard. I just don't want him to end up doing something stupid. This is the closest thing to losing a relative I've ever been to and it's hurt me quite a bit as well. His dad was a really nice guy. Jayme being one of my best friends for nearly five years now, I've grown to know his dad pretty well.

I'll be going to the funeral tomorrow and I probably won't be back for a week or more. This is my first experience with death and I'm not even sure how to cope with it. I'll see you guys around.

ForeverZer0

I doubt he has fully accepted anything just yet.
There are 7 stages of grief, and he is more than likely in still in the first stage of denial (Just google, it's a very popular model). This stage can easily last for weeks. By denial, its not so much a matter of "my Dad didn't die", but an unwillingness to accept the fact on an emotional level. You basically put up a wall between your mind and your grief.

You should allow him grieve in his own way, by this I obviously don't mean to not be there for him, but accept that he may be in a fragile emotional state, and just support him going through whatever he needs to go through.

Either way, we''ll see you when you return, and I hope you feel better, I know you are probably in an emotional state of your own right now. :(
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

When I was in high school, one of my friends had their dad die on a solo hiking trip (my school was an hour away from the mountains, so hiking trips are a quick morning/afternoon thing).  He just didn't return from the trip, they called the police, and they found his body the next day at the bottom of a slope.  It was a long recovery process (years long), but he got through it.  Definitely try and get him to talk about it though.  It was overwhelming for my friend at first, but once he started talking about it, it helped him deal with reality.

SBR*

I'm sorry to hear that, G_G. My condolences. I've never lost a relative that I had an emotional bond with in my life, so all I can do to help you is wishing you strength.

G_G

After spending a week hanging out with Jayme, I think he's gathered himself pretty well. He's still upset about it but he's definitely moved on. The healing process is a difficult one and he's still going through it. All I can do is be there for him.

As for myself, I think I'll be okay. The death wasn't completely related to me, I just hope I won't have to put up with a death from my family anytime soon. I'm a lot more sensitive compared to most of my friends, especially Jayme.

Blizzard

@F0: I thought there were 5 stages of grief. O_o

@G_G: My condolences to your friend. I hope you can get things sorted out quickly.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

I'm sorry for Jayme. My condolences.
I can imagine how you guys must feel. My best friend's dad passed away just a few months ago. :(
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews