[RM2K] Dragon Fantasy: REMADE

Started by Ephiam, May 01, 2012, 05:50:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephiam

Dragon Fantasy: REMADE

Summary:
As the savior of mankind chosen by the overseers of Tsufanubra, Celes must embark on an epic journey across her dying land in a desperate attempt to save the people she holds so dear. Little does she know that the shadow of a crazed follower looms on the horizon.

Genre:
Fantasy.

Engine:
RPG Maker 2000

Download
http://rpgmaker.net/games/3748/

Story
Eons ago, the world and all of its splendours were created by the magnificent and all-powerful being simply known as the "Creator." It wove the threads of life, and upon creating the planet of Tsufanubra, spotted it with its most cherished life-form: man.

Having gifted mankind with all of its blessing and necessities, the Creator simply watched as man forged his own path in life, and over the decades crafted himself in to a race of truly wondrous individuals numbering in the millions.

The Creator, however, grew tired of this creation, and thus gave life to three heavenly Kings to watch over and monitor the world in his stead. Overseeing their lord's creation from on-high, the Three Kings of Tsufanubra guided their people into an age of peace and prosperity for countless years to follow...

Then that fated day came--the day wherein a great darkness spilled from the opposite world of Arbunafust, and threatened to dominate Tsufanubra and all who lived upon it. The efforts of this otherworldly force, however, were thwarted by the Three Kings. They gifted mankind with four divine relics, then simply waited for man to take back what had been stolen from them.

With the aid of their overseers, man was able to forcibly remove the invading force, and cast it back to whence it came.

Their purpose completed, the relics bore themselves into the earth, forever shedding their light in silence so that mankind could attain eternal peace.

Characters
Celes
Central protagonist of Dragon Fantasy. Celes was born in the rural village of Yur, within the Eastern kingdom of Yurudos. Since birth, she has displayed the mark of the "savior," an individual chosen by the Three Kings of Tsufanubra to lead their people into a new age.

Sando
A well-known, high-raking solider within Castle Yurudos. He is also Princess Lifa's personal attendant and very close friend. He's been by her side since they were children, and has devoted his life to her and the royal family for taking him in and raising him as one of their own.

Yoor
A cleric hailing from the Western kingdom of Borez. Devoting his life to the art of healing at a young age, Yoor has accumulated vast amounts of magical experience through the years, and because of this has come to be well-respected within Borez.

Lifa
The princess of Yurudos, and close friend to Sando. She lost her mother at a young age, but those who knew her mother and now know her say they're next to identical, right down to her tendency to talk non-stop!

Credits
-Corfaisus of RMN (Mapping)
-Ephiam (Myself)
-Various game series' such as Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, Live a Live, Castlevania, Golden Sun, Dragon Warrior/Quest, etc.
-Brasington lane (for Dragon Warrior IV Renaissance)
-Ghost of RMN (For the title screen)
-My friend Chloe (for the awesome poster featured on RMN)

Estimated Demo Length
1Hr+

Screen Shots

Screenshots: ShowHide

Progress
15% complete.

Eternal

I'm well aware I'm necroposting here, but I thought I'd just say that I cannot wait, and that I think it's hilariously awesome that you're making a 2k game. :up:

SquareMan

Ah, good ol' rm2K. Looking good so far, finish it. :ninja:
QuoteThey've got helmets on they're heads. But I gotta watermeloan instead!