Various Blizz-ABS Troubles

Started by Henry_Hill, May 04, 2012, 11:10:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry_Hill

May 04, 2012, 11:10:46 am Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:12:21 am by Henry_Hill
Greetings everyone!
I've learned sooo much from the people and scripts on this website (thanks everyone <3), but I've compiled myself a list of problems that keep stumping me.. I've literally read the manual front to back, so please don't just direct me there. I've spent countless hours googling my problems, looking through threads, etc and still no luck. I've waited a long time to post this thread, in hopes that I could solve my own problems (which many of them I did). This is my first post but I don't plan to be a leech on the site, I'm currently working on a tileset addon to give to all you guys for the help that you never knew you were givin me!

But anyway, here are the things that keep stumping me repeatedly:

1. When I try to make an enemy jump, i get this error "undefined method 'jump_passable?' for Map Enemy XXX... I suspect this may be due to some additional scripts I have/script order but I've tried rearranging my scripts and no luck.. I also thought it may be my custom chipsets, but I made sure that I set all the jump tiles etc...

2. I just cant get alignment groups to work out correctly, enemies of the correct group (\g[2]) often just start caterpillaring to me as if they switched sides to primary actors. Even though I believe I have everything configured correctly.. This also tends to happen with healing spells. When enemies use healing spells on each other, It sometimes leads to their groups getting switched and them attacking each other..

3. Finally, I just can't seem to get my mind wrapped around the fine points of combos exactly.. I would like to use a combo that has a random element, perhaps allowing a mage to use a different spell type at random (fire, ice, etc..) or based on player distance, but the combo action interface confuses me. Is there some way to do a conditional branch based on the enemy's proximity to the player or something?

4. I have a "Map" that is really just an in-game map that you are teleported to, but I want all other party members/summons to be temporarily "suspended" while youre on this certain map. Is this possible?

Thank you all so much for your help, As I said I've thoroughlly read every part of the manual and done PLENTY of troubleshooting on my own. So i think its time to turn to the experts.

-Henry

LiTTleDRAgo

1. upload a sample project with all your script in it

2. don't use same alignment as player, try create a new alignment

4. disable caterpillar at the portal to that map and enable it again if player leave that map

Boba Fett Link

I've had a hard time figuring out combos too. And I know a lot of people ask about them. Maybe someone who knows what they are doing should make a demo.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

KK20

The problem with that combo is figuring out which two battlers you are measuring the distance between. I've never even heard of such a combo before though.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

LiTTleDRAgo

algoritm to check the range of player with closest enemy

class Interpreter
  def closest_enemy_distance
    targets, pix = $game_map.battlers.find_all {|b| b.valid? && b.in_screen?},
                    $BlizzABS.pixel
    targets.sort! {|a, b|
      Math.hypot($game_player.x/pix-a.x/pix,$game_player.y/pix-a.y/pix) <=>
      Math.hypot($game_player.x/pix-b.x/pix,$game_player.y/pix-b.y/pix)}
    return nil unless targets.size > 0
    return (Math.hypot((targets[0].x-$game_player.x), (targets[0].y-$game_player.y))).abs
  end
end

Henry_Hill

That makes sense about just suspending the caterpillar option (which I think i can manage through a simple script call), so the summons won't get unsummoned they just wont temporarily follow.. Good thinking. I'm also gonna try a sample project and see if this jumping thing still persists, but i'm hoping not.

I also really appreciate that script Drago, i'm gonna try to see if I can implement it =]

Thanks everyone!