New Guy!

Started by Kiwa, May 07, 2012, 06:50:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwa

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum..if you haven't seen my posts. If you have.. hello again and thanks for the help that's been given!

-----A bit about me-----
I'm not new to RPG maker. I used RM2K and RM2K3 especially. i loved 2K3, making more than 5 complete games... some short some long. Never released on any page other than my own Geocities site which yahoo has now crashed.
I'm sure it got damn near 0 traffic anyway lol.
Living in Japan atm, Headed home to the states REALLY soon.
Gonna try TERA online when I'm back.
I'm a Car guy.

----Programming EXP----
I felt I was an advanced RM2K user making things like a blinking main character, night and day, jump animations, and climbing animations off of common events.. and on touch events lol..and more I'm forgetting I'm sure lol.

I programmed on my TI-89 far before that with TI Basic. I then moved on to C++ never made a graphical game with it. then VB and made graphical "simple" games never completing one.. then moving to Macro media flash... never completed a game with that either Because of RM2k..then 2k3.
because of those i fell from programming more or less.
I then became hooked on World of warcraft in 2006 (still play) and took interest in cars as a hobby...and haven't programmed anything since.
I stumbled across RMXP long ago.. downloaded a cracked version to try it.. loved that it had open source..but my PC died that same night(mother board gave up)
and I couldn't find the cracked version again.
and gave up looking.
in all.. I haven't programmed or used RPG maker's in around 7 years.

------------Why XP---------------
Recently I saw BLIZZ ABS and XAS on You tube on accident..some how.
Downloaded XP VX and VX Ace...and ended up still liking XP the most. it had a lot of options with community scripts.
So I bought a legit XP to support the company who has supported huge hobby's of mine in the past..
Played with both ABS...for a while.. fell in love with XAS over Blizz ABS...
after learning the deeper ends of it... I felt blizz is an easier system...then after playing with it even longer..I think its a superior system.. and decided to use it to make a game.
also blizz made an online system I intend to try to get implemented into something. I would LOVE to make a multi player game (deponent have to be an MMORPG)

-------why not ARC before XP?----------
Cuz I found ARC last night while I couldn't sleep ):
and now I figure I should understand XP a bit more before I sit to learn 2 systems.. but I intend to DL and try it soon.

--------------------------TLDR----------------------------
I think everyone on this site seems really great. and some very talented people.. I hope I can re tap a skill in programming and contribute some..you guys here sparked my interest in it again... thank you for that :)

PS...I write books for Posts. >:3

G_G

May 07, 2012, 08:15:23 am #1 Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 08:19:07 am by game_guy
You are indeed a very interesting person and put a lot more thought in your Welcome topic than most people. By the way, ARC hasn't been released yet so you're fine. And another thing, ARC will basically be a buffed up version of RMXP. There's even a project converter to take old XP projects and convert them to ARC format. Anyways, hopefully you'll get back into the programming experience as you'll more then definitely need it when working with RMXP scripts.

Any ho, welcome, enjoy your stay! ^.^

MarkHest

Welcome to Chaos Project Kiwa! :)

I hope you will enjoy your stay with us!
Post a few of your completed games in the Games/Project section with a nice introduction, will ya? :haha:

Tazero

Glad you found us.  :haha:

Welcome to the Chaos!

If you were a fish...

Kiwa

I usually don't introduce my self on forums either ...lol
But I feel fond of this place and people already...so I wanted to. lol

As for some of my old games? sure.
I'm currently in Japan and my games are in storage at home in the states. I'll be headed there soon so  after that I can upload some :o
but you'll have to forgive my HORRID spelling..corney story and lack of creativity on some of them. Most were made during my peak interest in RPGs
leading to Clones of other games...such as final fantasy and crono trigger. with the original characters too lol.

my most prized game I lost to a super nasty virus (i never protected my PCs back then cuz I could fix it)
but instead of fixing it I wiped it..and then realized I hadn't backed up my game.
It was incomplete.
So I used what I learned to recreate it. I still have the incomplete version of that somewhere too.

--------------TLDR----------------
Thansk for the warm welcomes!! I'll upload some old stuff in the future!

SBR*

Welcome to CP! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

Kiwa

I already am! :D

Btw.. I tried to re open my Geocities thinking I could access my old files still to link downloads of my old games.
I was wrong. the old account opened but had no storage options.
looks like I'll have to wait till I'm home in the states :P

And as for my current XP projects...2 I have plans for.
now I'm not worrying to much about them and playing with the systems that are already created so I can learn RGSS.
-------------TLDR--------------
now I'm using what scripts I'm interested in to make a mini game with no story or direction...and have tons of questions.

preemptive "sorry" for future irritations lol.