New GTalk and Skype fields in profile

Started by Blizzard, May 11, 2012, 03:54:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

The title says it all. I have added GTalk and Skype fields in the member profile area so you can share your GTalk and Skype usernames like you were able to share your ICQ, AIM, YIM and MSN contact information until now.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MarkHest

May 11, 2012, 07:30:50 am #1 Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:40:59 am by MarkHest
AWESOME!!  :w00t:

*Goes to check out how to put all the info out*

EDIT: Oh by the way! I noticed that the skype icon looked kind of wierd on the dark background so i took the liberty of polishing it up a little bit ^^

Here: 

Blizzard

I took a 25x25 image from the Internet and resized it to the required 16x16 so there were possibly artefacts. I changed it to yours and converted it to a GIF again. Let me know if it looks alright on the dark theme now. You may have to restart your browser to clear the image cache.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

MarkHest

The quality changed to a bit when you converted it to GIF.
Ah well. At least it's a bit better now  :haha:

Blizzard

Yeah, because GIF has only full transparency (either opaque or transparent pixel) while PNG has an alpha channel from 0 to 255.

stripe103

Is it required that it is a GIF then?

Blizzard

Not really, but I don't feel like finding all references of the image in SMF's PHP source code again so that I can change it. :P

MarkHest

HEY! EVERYONE!

Let's start bithing about it so that Blizzard does it anyway! :whistle:

Fantasist

Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

stripe103

Blizzard

Shit, that made me laugh for a brief moment and my tummy hurt because of the wound from the surgery. xD

Hero5th

So I read the thread, thinking perhaps I am just not seeing the skype information on the profiles or the members page due to not having something checked.
The option to add skype to your profile is there, but I am not seeing it in the members page nor in the profile "read" page.

Was it removed from the php?

Or am I just blind and unable to figure out where it should be. Alt-F doesn't help, nor am I seeing anything that looks like a skype logo.

Am I the only one seeing this?

KK20

The Skype username is listed in the member's profile page, though it's just shown as plain text. There's no little spiffy Skype icon to represent it. It did use to show up that way before we switched to SMF 2.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!