RMXP Project Converter

Started by Ryex, May 12, 2012, 08:07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

khkramer

Well, I'm not entirely sure it's caused by the project converter.
But basically everytime I convert my project and fix some bugs, it gives me the code converter not found error, which I cannot fix.

Ryex

ok, this doesn't sound like it's the converter but no matter what the problem is we'll need a coy of the project pre convertion to test with and see if we can find out what is going wrong send it to either me or Blizz in a PM and we'll get it sorted out.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

syldocaine

The downloadlink is outdated.

Is this still available somewhere?

KK20

Could PM Ryex to send it to you. Though I don't understand what you could possibly need it for. ARC is dead. The converter is old. It won't even work fully with most projects.

Or put bluntly, stop riding on nostalgia and move on

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

syldocaine

I just wanted to try it out with some old projects of mine.

Still sad, that ARC is gone though.
Loved the idea of a RMXP on steroids.

I can't get used to the newer RPG Makers.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

He has, and he never really liked it because of incompatibilities. But rather than working with me to get them fixed, he gave up on it entirely.

That said, the only RMXP rewrite that is still getting updated is Ancurio's MKXP, but I have never bothered looking into it.

Other Projects

syldocaine

My biggest issue is the editor itself. So the most interesting part of ARC was the editor for me. The RMMV editor is horrible. I quitted it the moment where I wanted to change the floor of a room and had to rebuild nearly the whole room because it has no actual layers.

Yes I could use external tools or parallax mapping. But thats all more work and more complicated and not alot of fun. And the fun is the reason why I use RPG Maker in the first place. So ARC sounded perfect for me. A stronger and better RMXP. All I ever wanted.

But yeah it's dead anyways so I just wanted to try out the engine a little bit. :D

About the XPAce thing. It's still an option for me but I know it will be a ton of work. Still thinking about it.

Blizzard

I agree, the editor is the biggest weak point. You could try Gemini (that was its name IIRC), ForeverZer0's custom editor.

XPAce was a bit of work when I ported CP, but I have to admit that it was far less than I expected. And I have tons of custom scripts (30k+ lines of code compared to the original 9k+). Most issues I had were actually windowing and tilemap related. I did a custom window system that's now included in XPAce while KK20 fixed the tilemap issues. So you might have way less problems than you expect.

KK20

Gemini was only for scripting though.

Other Projects

Blizzard

Oh right. ._. I forgot about that.

Ryex

If you really do want it I can get it to you. It's not Like the code disappeared or anything. You'll just have to wait for me to get home from holiday travel. I might even get lucky have a compiled copy hanging around in my deep storage. Just be warned that the ARC engine can't exactly be said to be stable. I don't remember there being any game breaking bugs but it was running a newer version of ruby so there could be some incompatibilities. Also, you won't really gain anything from using the ARC converter other than a higher FPS potential.

Anyway, Let me know and give me till Thursday if you do want a copy.

As for the Editor, I still have plans for that particular piece of code. there are a lot of structural components in there that I still can't replace with other libraries. but It was for the most part non-functional for editing ARC game data. only about half the game data tabs worked.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

syldocaine

Hey, no need to hurry.
I'm very glad that you still have it.

I will wait for it as long as necessary.
And I don't expect some miracle I'm just interested.

Ryex

syldocaine

Hmm it says "File is no longer available".

Blizzard

Actually it says "Restricted content". xD

Ryex

syldocaine

This one works perfectly.

Thanks alot!