SP's May 2012 "I'm Back" Topic

Started by ShadowPierce, May 14, 2012, 06:54:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowPierce

Well, here I am...  :^_^':

The reason for my absence?
Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Fantasist on May 11, 2012, 06:30:11 pm
So here I am again, letting you gals and guys know that I'm still alive :D "But wait", you ask. "Where have you been?" Well, long story short, I got a job. And being the introverted recluse I've been the last couple of years, being thrown into an environment where I am forced to interact with people on a daily basis is taking it's toll on me. Good news is, I'm discovering new things about me that I never even considered possible. For instance, it turns I am actually talkative. I'm faring MUCH better in a team (and the general public) than I ever thought I could.

The time before I got a job was one of the toughest times of my life. I was overwhelmed with self-doubt, a sense of worthlessness. The grim clouds of depression were always upon me. But it gave me a chance to introspect. I've realized that I was taking everything way too seriously. I stressed out a lot because I held on to trivial things. I resisted change, and thus a chance to make myself better, to grow as a person. I've even felt it, like I was somehow... "stuck". But when push came to shove, I managed to do just fine. I always avoided challenges, but I out-performed myself when I was forced into one. I experienced first hand how stress can be a good thing should we decide to work with it rather than against it. Life, in all it's glory, has forced me out of a bottleneck, and now I'm finally on the other side... 2012, I believe, doesn't signify the end of the world. It signifies the end of an era. And beyond lie the waves of great change. Even with all the shit that I'm having to deal with, life never looked so promising to me. And you guys are a part of inspiring that feeling.

Since I started to work, I realized that my time on Chaos Project has been very fruitful. I've learned a lot from you guys (a shoutout to you Blizzard, for being my inspiration! :) ), and I am not just talking about coding. I may have been inactive for a long time, and it'll probably be like this for a while, but I'll always be here in spirit. For me, Chaos Project isn't just an online forum. For me, it's an important part of my life and a part of who I am. So yeah. You guys are awesome!  :buddy:

It seems that Fantasist and I have the near-exact same experience for the past few months...

And:
Money or Passion

In regards to this topic, I'm sorry to disappoint those who voted but I chose the call center job. I am currently working as a Back Office agent for Time Warner Cable and is paying me with P14,000 ($335) a month with P2k ($45) allowance. As of now, I don't have a problem with the job since the money is pretty decent and the people are really nice. There's also a lot of perks like sleeping quarters so I don't have to commute and an in-house gym where I can use the treadmill all day. I'm interacting with people in ways I never thought I could and I am pretty confident that I matured significantly as a person. Although a job in game development would still be welcome, I am currently happy with what I have now. :)

I was also convinced by everyone's good ol' favorite troll to go vegan and am currently trying my best to remove any kind of animal product from my diet for the past month and a half. As of now, I am still at the lacto-vegetarian stage where I still consume dairy but I'm feeling that I can omit it in a few more weeks. I am ashamed, though, to admit that I ate nothing but meat this past weekend but I am starting anew this week by searching for that veggie shop I found off the internet. However, I am proud to announce that I dropped 4 kilos since I turned vegetarian and, hopefully, continue to lose weight for the next few months.

Well, that's my excuse why I've been inactive. Although, I do promise that I will be more active for the next few days as long as any of the following people are around:
• MarkHest
• Sub
• Zylos
• Ryex
• Blizz
• Tugg
• Spoofus
• *SBR
• FZ (highly unlikely, though) :(
• other fun people I forgot to mention :P

See you in the SPAM section! :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

MarkHest

May 14, 2012, 08:11:54 am #1 Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:14:20 am by MarkHest
I'm always around! :haha:
Honestly I see no point in leaving, it makes it sounds like i have a "need" to be here, which i don't.
In just come and go every now and then. I have this forum as a startpage so i occasionly open up my browser to see if anyone has made an interesting topic or written something in The Missing Part - Title Missing section. (However, no one seems all that interested in the game yet. Maybe once the game is actually completed it will get some more attension.)

I don't see this forum as a 'must be active at all times'. I just see it as a fun place to hang out in every now and then and comes to visit a few times in a day. So i will probably never leave unless every single person becomes unactive here and the site falls :P

Anyway, glad that you are back ShadowPierce! :)

ShadowPierce

May 14, 2012, 08:52:21 am #2 Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:54:21 am by ShadowPierce
I'm actually around all the time, but I've been so busy for the past month that I only have time to look around without any time to reply to some of the interesting topics. Don't worry, I don't feel obliged to be active here all the time. I just feel lonely when I see this site without much activity... :P

And thanks, happy to be back... :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

Same here, I'm always around as well. I may not post as often as I used to, but I'm still fairly active.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Quote from: ShadowPierce on May 14, 2012, 06:54:43 am
• MarkHest
• Sub
• Zylos
• Ryex
• Blizz
• Tugg
• Spoofus
• *SBR
• other fun people I forgot to mention :P

Glad to know I'm not loved. :V Regardless, welcome back. ^.^

ShadowPierce

Well, that's my excuse why I've been inactive. Although, I do promise that I will be more active for the next few days as long as any of the following people are around:
• MarkHest
• Sub
• Zylos
• Ryex
• Blizz
• Tugg
• Spoofus
• *SBR
other fun people I forgot to mention :P

I knew I was forgetting someone... :xD: Sorry, I'm currently using the company computer (being a Computer Science major has its advantages ;) ) and am a bit dizzy since earlier this morning so I can't think straight just yet (Ugh, mondays)... :P

And thanks! Anything to do around here? Maybe a few small icon requests? :3

1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

What are you complaining about? You're right there.

• MarkHest
• Sub
• Zylos
Ryex G_G
• Blizz
• Tugg
• Spoofus
• *SBR
other fun people I forgot to mention :P

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Oh your funny Blizz.

Glad your back Shadow.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

SBR*

May 14, 2012, 04:42:29 pm #8 Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:46:09 am by SBR*
Welcome back, SP :).

Fantasist

Hi SP :D

QuoteSorry, I'm currently using the company computer (being a Computer Science major has its advantages

I know what you mean <_<
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Subsonic_Noise

I was also convinced by everyone's good ol' favorite troll to go vegan and am currently trying my best to remove any kind of animal product from my diet for the past month and a half.

Ah, that's my work :3
I am ashamed, though, to admit that I ate nothing but meat this past weekend

I'M GOING TO SLAP YOUR FACE IN

Also, welcome back. :3