[More Problems] Patch BlizzCMS and Equipment Upgrade System by Charlie Fleed

Started by djskagnetti, May 24, 2012, 03:04:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

djskagnetti

When items have slots they are not equippable by characters even when they should be equippable by that class (check mark next to the item in the editor.)  I think it has something to do with Fleed's system uses and stores temporary items when the slotted items are made.  But then again, even items with no enchantments (just empty slots) aren't equippable.

Here is Fleed's system:  http://save-point.org/thread-2299.html
Here is Stormtronics:  http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=111.0

Blizzard

If items without enchantments aren't equippable, you haven't set up the equipment properly in the database. STCMS doesn't use an special checks to determine whether an item is equippable or not. If it works with the default menu, it should work with STCMS.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

djskagnetti

Hi Blizzard!  Thanks for the quick reply.

The items without slots are equippable (normal default items), the items with slots are not.  I have used Fleed's system demo straight with nothing else.  The items are equippable.  Then I add Stormtronics to it and they are all greyed out.  Even when I added slots to the weapon in the database the character starts out with, he starts the game with the weapon equipped.  The second I unequip it, it 'disappears', ie, doesn't show up on the list to re-equip.  Then I look under Equipment and it's still there but it's greyed out.

Edit:  just tried it again with a fresh copy of Stormtronics CMS Hybrid Edition, and it does the same.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

djskagnetti

Quote from: Blizzard on May 24, 2012, 01:39:40 pm
Does it still do the same when you remove Fleed's script?

hrm.. no it doesn't.  I opened up a copy with both his and yours, deleted all of his scripts, and the weapons showed up in the Stormtronics cms just fine (of course without the slots and stuff.)  should i post a zip of the file with both scripts?

Edit:  I just opened a fresh copy of Stormtronics and then added all of Fleed's scripts to it from his demo, added the right elements needed for a 5 slot sword (Enhanced Weapon and 5 Slots), and the words you need in the description for the slots to appear.  Started the game, the character had the weapon equipped, unequipped it, it disappeared/greyed out/went unusable by class again, and could not re-equip.

Blizzard

Yeah, if you make me a zip, I'll take a look at it. I'll either fix it or make a patch so his script works with mine.

djskagnetti

Quote from: Blizzard on May 24, 2012, 03:12:51 pm
Yeah, if you make me a zip, I'll take a look at it. I'll either fix it or make a patch so his script works with mine.

sent, thanks very much for helping =)

Blizzard

I have found the problem. Actually Charlie could have done it like I did in my Creation System. Then every CMS and custom equipment display would have worked without any patches. Then everything would have been compatible. :/

In any case, I have included a fix for his script in mine. Get the newest version of the ST CMS and it should work fine.
Don't forget to set up the STCMS_DUMMY_ELEMENTS since there are dummy elements and you don't really want to display them in ST CMS (and there are no icons for them either).

djskagnetti

Thank you Blizzard, you are beyond awesome!

+1 Shark Clarinet for you!

djskagnetti

I've developed some new problems with Stormtronics and the Equipment Upgrade System.  Sorry =/

Ok, let's say I have 2 Bronze Armors, and 1 Poison DEF crystal (which protects against poisons) to put into a slot.  I put it into one of the Bronze Armors, then go to equip it -  both the Bronze Armors have the Poison icon under the Status resistance area.  Meaning both got the effects of the Poison DEF crystal.  If I have 30 Bronze Armors, they all will have the little poison icon.

When I take out the Poison DEF crystal, the icon stays in the Status resistance area for the armors even when they have nothing in them.

If I remove Stormtronics, in the Equip window of the normal menu it will show the slots and what crystals (icons) are in those slots on the right hand side of the description window at the top.  Stormtronics does not do this (doesn't really matter to me if it's shown or not, but it is a glitch.)  Also, it will show just one with the Poison DEF crystal icon, and the other or others will have empty slots.

Also, when I go to status, it says I have Nothing equipped for armor, lol.  Or anything else with a slotted item for that matter, sword, shield, etc, it will say Nothing equipped.

EDIT:  I just tried with no other scripts other than Freed's system, and it seems if you have the same armors (ie 2 Bronze Armors), and you put a Poison DEF (protects against poison) crystal in just one of the armors, and then equip the 2 armors on 2 different characters, both characters get the benefits of the Poison DEF crystal, ie neither are affected by poison (i battled a monster who poisoned to test it.)  wtf!?

EDIT EDIT:  Contacted Fleed on facebook, he said I found a bug and it should be pretty easy to fix, and would post an update soon.  Yay!

Blizzard

Alright.

IDK why it shows nothing equipped. It's possible because the IDs don't exist in the normal database. You should ask Fleed to alter his script to use modified versions of $data_weapons and $data_armors like I did in my Creation System. This should solve most of his compatibility problems with other scripts using equipment in any way. Tell him to look up "class Array_Wrapper", he'll love it.