Voyage Through Darkness (working title)

Started by yoshixpert, July 03, 2008, 06:15:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshixpert

July 03, 2008, 06:15:02 pm Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:50:04 pm by yoshixpert
i've made games before, but this one will be the first i might actually finish.  :)
but don't expect a lot because i'm a n00b.  :( any help is welcome.

Story
Once, long ago, the Helios Universe was a peaceful place. The inhabitants of the many galaxies of the universe lived in peace and never had to worry. At the center of the Universe is the Core of Life. This used to be the brightest object of the Universe, and was what kept the Universe full of life. But about half a million years ago, the Core of Life turned black. A terrible fate was in store for the galaxy. Monsters made of pure evil, called the Shadex, emerged from the once-bright Core of Life and started raiding the galaxies and killing all in their way. Those who survived were turned into more Shadex by the dark energy emitted by the Core of Life. The Universe was plunged into eternal darkness. All peace ceased to exist. No one knows why the Core of Life had turned black. However, there is a myth surrounding the Core of Life. Supposedly anyone who was in possession of 7 spheres called Galaxy Orbs could be granted entry into the Core of Life, and possibly end the reign of darkness in the Universe. The 7 Orbs were sealed in a castle in the capital of the universe, Helios City, which was right next to the Core of Life. A few days after the Core of Life turned black, the Orbs disappeared. They are believed to have been spread throughout the Universe. Recently, the darkness has started to seep out of the Universe into the space around it, contaminating several other Universes. It won't be long before the darkness reaches the Center. Then all existence as we know it will be
gone. Forever...

Characters
Characters from the Mario and Sonic universe will be playable, as well as a few from other games. You'll be able to choose which characters you wanna use for the game. And sometimes Kirby pops up and annoys you. :)

Features (what I plan to put in so far)
-choose your starting party
-improve stats and skills using points
-special areas and dialouge available depending on who is in your party
-minigames
-in-depth and unique storyline (hopefully)

Scripts (So Far)
-CCOA's UMS
-Blizzard's Tons of Addons, Stormtronics CMS, Analyze, Bestiary, Party Switcher, Lvlup Notifier, and Stat Distribution
-Leon's Skill Level System
MIGHT have a CBS, but I'm not sure

Screenies
yea the game doesn't look that good right now but here's what i have

Any ideas or commentz? :)

Starrodkirby86

Helios, reminds me of that phone. All right, I'll do my commenting on this...

*Reads and types what's on mind*

Gee whiz, that's a long sort of years...So many...half a million. Sounds to me Shadex are like Heartless in Kingdom Hearts...of course, there's probably a bigger twist than this. The seven spheres, this definitely reminds me of the utter cliche of collection of objects, and 7 is the lucky number. But I'll waive on that, considering cliches are okay as long as you can back it up.

---

Ah, that's awesome...I guess the story doesn't really mean anything now since Mario and Sonic characters are playable. That means I have a whole new perspective. I'll enjoy this. :P

I probably would need to notify my friend about this if it turns it out awesome. He'll go gaga over it. XD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

yoshixpert

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on July 03, 2008, 06:19:11 pm

*Reads and types what's on mind*

Gee whiz, that's a long sort of years...So many...half a million. Sounds to me Shadex are like Heartless in Kingdom Hearts...of course, there's probably a bigger twist than this. The seven spheres, this definitely reminds me of the utter cliche of collection of objects, and 7 is the lucky number. But I'll waive on that, considering cliches are okay as long as you can back it up.

i've already planned out a lot of the story and it's gonna be really wierd, especially near the end. it's not gonna be like anything you've seen before. :)

Starrodkirby86

So you're actually going to make some logical and story abiding with this game, despite the use of characters such as Mario and Sonic? Wow, good luck. And I don't mean that in a negative way. Making a perfect story with characters like those would really be gold there. :o

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

yoshixpert

the only problem for me right now is that i don't have enough battler sprites. T.T
and of course i needa think of good puzzles to use.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: yoshixpert on July 03, 2008, 06:37:50 pm
the only problem for me right now is that i don't have enough battler sprites. T.T
and of course i needa think of good puzzles to use.
You don't have enough--YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH!?

Dude, I'm sure getting Sonic Battler Sprites are quite easy...There's pixel art laying around along with rips from Sonic Battle which has battler art.

Mario is a harder case, but if you get creative you can use those sprites to create something wonderful...

Now start searching in spriters-resource.com, heh.

yoshixpert

the thing is that I'm using use 3d art and graphic art rather than video game sprites. that's what makes it tough. but i'm not limiting the battlers to just Mario and Sonic characters. I have some Ragnarok Online monster art, but only a bit. and yeah, i actually take the time to put a transparent background in all my battler sprites.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: yoshixpert on July 03, 2008, 06:53:55 pm
the thing is that I'm using use 3d art and graphic art rather than video game sprites. that's what makes it tough. but i'm not limiting the battlers to just Mario and Sonic characters. I have some Ragnarok Online monster art, but only a bit. and yeah, i actually take the time to put a transparent background in all my battler sprites.
Balderdash. It's not that laborious doing that, and it all adds up anyway with the battler sprites. If you don't have Photoshop or the GIMP I can see why it takes a little longer...and the difficulty of what is happening. There is always the good ol' sketching, or you trying to master 3-D rendering. RO art is nice, especially the cards. :3

yoshixpert

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on July 03, 2008, 06:57:58 pm
Balderdash. It's not that laborious doing that, and it all adds up anyway with the battler sprites. If you don't have Photoshop or the GIMP I can see why it takes a little longer...and the difficulty of what is happening. There is always the good ol' sketching, or you trying to master 3-D rendering. RO art is nice, especially the cards. :3

i have GIMP but sometimes battler art like the RO card art has backgrounds you've gotta remove that takes a really long time. otherwise it's really fast.