Remove audio from Youtube video

Started by Blizzard, May 19, 2012, 06:15:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Incredible, but after half an hour of searching around, I'm back at square one. How do you remove audio from a video you have uploaded on Youtube? They only have that stupid audioswap thing. I don't want that, I just want to remove the audio completely. I've searched through their whole page and couldn't find any instructions on how to do this. I've also tried the video editor and all I can do is just swap the audio. :/ Does anybody know how to do this?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

After doing my own search, your only options are to audioswap or re-upload the video. :\

stripe103

G_G

You can only audio swap with what Youtube has to offer.

Blizzard

And I can't download the file either, I'm not having the option available on that video.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Not sure if you're up to it, but this is the tool I use to download Youtube Videos. It also provides a ton of conversion options.
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm

stripe103

There is a free Opera extension that adds a download button under the video called ExtendTube I think it was.

MarkHest

I am using this one to download youtube videos:
http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html

It's really really really easy to use ^^

Blizzard

May 20, 2012, 04:54:44 pm #8 Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:56:25 pm by Blizzard
You don't get it. I can't download the original video. I don't have the original anymore. I mean what would I ever need the original for anyway? Editing? Well, turns out that youtube is an asshole, so the answer is yes.

G_G

I don't get it. Obviously you have a Youtube video you need to edit. That's why you use a 3rd party downloaded so you can remove the audio yourself and re-upload it. Unless Youtube blocked your video due to copyright shit, in that case, you audioswap it, download it with a 3rd party tool, edit, and re-upload. That's really your only option if you need to remove the audio.