Battlefield Tileset Project

Started by GrimTrigger, May 31, 2012, 07:34:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTrigger

May 31, 2012, 07:34:31 pm Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:55:32 am by GrimTrigger
Step onto the battlefield!

I'm bored with working on my project right now, and I'm going to take a break from eventing and what-not to work on a new tileset. It's going to be a battlefield tileset, with lots of custom graphics. I'm opening up this project to suggestions and requests from you all. I'll put up each piece for you to examine. Tell me things you'd like to see, and I'll make add-ons for them. Once I finish enough stuff, I'll compile them all into a tileset and post it as a complete resource.

So far:

HORSE ARMOR Game_Guy's request.
*Modeled off of steel horse armor from the Oblivion DLC*
Spoiler: ShowHide

Command Tents (with color options)

Tents with Rune Charms

(1st- Terrorize Foes, 2nd-Good Heath(medic tent?), 3rd Ward off aggression, 4th Justice.)

Weapons Dropped

Siege Weapon! (Rough draft, I know it looks crappy)

ThallionDarkshine

That sounds awesome, GrimTrigger.

How about... A custom military-ish tent with different symbols you can have on the sides.

GrimTrigger

Quote from: ThallionDarkshine on May 31, 2012, 07:54:24 pm
That sounds awesome, GrimTrigger.

How about... A custom military-ish tent with different symbols you can have on the sides.

Right now I only have something for the front...

ThallionDarkshine

That looks great. Btw, what I meant by designs was designs on the actual tent. Sorry if you already understood that.

GrimTrigger

Quote from: ThallionDarkshine on May 31, 2012, 09:34:07 pm
That looks great. Btw, what I meant by designs was designs on the actual tent. Sorry if you already understood that.

Ya, I'll need to work a lot more for that one.  :wacko:

GrimTrigger

ThallionDarkshine

Landith

I would leave the shadows going one way. Most RTP shadows go to the right but you could create them all going to the left.
I like the sword and the axe but the spear I kind of have to squint to really see what it is. The arrow is nice as well.

I have a suggestion for this, maybe a simple standalone weapon rack/armor rack. Are you going to do an Interior as well?

GrimTrigger

Quote from: ThallionDarkshine on May 31, 2012, 10:26:49 pm
I love those weapons.

Thanks! I'll add more variety later. This is more about the concept. I'll make some broken spears, shattered shields, etc.

GrimTrigger

Quote from: Landith on May 31, 2012, 10:51:40 pm
I would leave the shadows going one way. Most RTP shadows go to the right but you could create them all going to the left.
I like the sword and the axe but the spear I kind of have to squint to really see what it is. The arrow is nice as well.

I have a suggestion for this, maybe a simple standalone weapon rack/armor rack. Are you going to do an Interior as well?

I never really noticed that right thing....I thought the RTP was from overhead....hence the shadow following the angle of the item.

As far as a weapons and armor rack, I'll make one that can hold them all, for an outside armory. This is all outside stuff, but I suppose you could rip them and put them in an interior map if you wanted to.

I'll fix the spear up. Probably needs more dark contrast.

GrimTrigger

May 31, 2012, 11:23:54 pm #10 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:08:45 am by GrimTrigger
@Thallion The tents now come with Rune Charms on the side to aid in battle. See the explanation below the image for the meanings. You can even mix and match them. I believe if I positioned them correctly, I'll be able to use them with the flags once I merge everything.

@Landith I fixed up the spear a little bit. Tell me if it's more visible.

G_G

While this is great work and all, you still need to follow the rules like everybody else. You can't legally double post until 24 hours have passed. Just go back and edit your post if you need to, it'll mark the topic as unread for everybody.

GrimTrigger

Quote from: game_guy on June 01, 2012, 09:50:35 am
While this is great work and all, you still need to follow the rules like everybody else. You can't legally double post until 24 hours have passed. Just go back and edit your post if you need to, it'll mark the topic as unread for everybody.

Sorry, got over zealous. :facepalm: Any suggestions on this tile set?

G_G

Hmmm...., maybe some wagons, horses with armor, weapon and armor stands? What you have so far is really good.

GrimTrigger

Quote from: game_guy on June 01, 2012, 01:58:35 pm
Hmmm...., maybe some wagons, horses with armor, weapon and armor stands? What you have so far is really good.

Thanks. I can modify the existing horse and wagon into characters so you can animate them. I'll make weapon stands to go with the base camps. I was considering making graphics to facilitate jousting and other tournament events. I can work thuds in with your requests nicely.

GrimTrigger

Updated to include horse armor, and I'll be setting it up for heavy armor knights and lances once I get more time. I can make the siege engine a character sprite as well.

Any more ideas? I'll plug away on a few things in the mean time.

ThallionDarkshine

So grimtrigger, I've just started editing tilesets, and I made several types of military tents. Would it be okay with you if I post them here, and you could use them in your tileset?

GrimTrigger

Quote from: ThallionDarkshine on June 05, 2012, 10:28:20 pm
So grimtrigger, I've just started editing tilesets, and I made several types of military tents. Would it be okay with you if I post them here, and you could use them in your tileset?

Sure. I'll make sure people know who did what

ThallionDarkshine

June 06, 2012, 07:39:02 pm #18 Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:34:58 am by ThallionDarkshine
Alright, here it is. Hope you like it. :)

GrimTrigger

@Thallion

Those are pretty good. I like the color of the tent.

ThallionDarkshine

Thanks, I was going for a camo green feel.

Boba Fett Link

Well, I wouldn't say its camo green. More like light blue. But I do still like it.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

GrimTrigger

I really like that red flag design. Can you separate the flag from the tent so people can use it independently?

ThallionDarkshine

GrimTrigger