Flash, Games, and SMF

Started by PhoenixFire, June 03, 2012, 12:15:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Does anyone know of either:

1. A game gallery, probably in flash, that will integrate with SMF 2.0.x
-or-
2. A standalone gallery of the same type, that needs no specific platform to run with, that I can manually place on a site?

I am not a flash developer, so I am not even going to attempt to try my hand at flash game development, at least not yet. I have a few websites that I'm working on, and, it would appear that one of them needs a decent game system..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

My personal advice is that you stay away from flash games. It was a trend that came and went away again. We tried a flash port of one of our games and it was basically a disaster. A waste of time and money. Luckily not my time, we outsourced to some guy outside the company. I explained some of the game mechanics to him and how the implementation looked like in general. He still wasn't able to make it without bugs, the flash version is full of bugs. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

Hmm.. Certainly something to keep in mind, though it was more geared towards embedding pre-existing flash games from congregate.com onto pages, and allowing it to run that way. Though I do think I'll be keeping it the way it is, maybe changing to static html pages for the main site.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?