Quest sign on event

Started by Fenriswolf, June 04, 2012, 12:03:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenriswolf

June 04, 2012, 12:03:54 pm Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:11:13 pm by Blizzard
I'm still working on my project,
but I have encountered a problem,
a problem for which I do have 2 solutions,
but neither are entirely satisfying to me.

I wish to add an icon (probably a "?" or "!") above NPC's that have a quest available
OR when a quest needs to be turned in at the NPC after completion.

I've found 2 ways of doing this, but both have their restriction:
1. with an additional event above the NPC, but this removes the possibility to have a different NPC or event at that spot.
2. with this script, but as said in the comments, there is an issue with it: more than 1 icon on a map will cause the game to crash.

I would like to have more than 1 questgivers in certain maps and I also have cases where there is another event on top of the NPC, so both ways of handling it cause me trouble.

So my question is, would anyone have an idea how to do this, without the restrictions listed above?

Blizzard

*fixes script link*

I guess you could ask F0 if he's going to fix that bug. >.<
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fenriswolf

R.A.V.S.O

hmm you could also place such "?" or "!" as part of the character sprite.

for example the troll sprites.... you can replace then with your desired character sprite and have room enough
to place the "!" or the "?" next to it, this way not only does your sprite is worth only 1 space (eliminating the I need the upper space issue) you can change his sprites via auto or parallel events to suit your needs.
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

ForeverZer0

No need, I fixed the script. :)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

R.A.V.S.O

Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou