Started by Blizzard, June 05, 2012, 04:51:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Since the discussion was started in the shoutbox. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 05, 2012, 05:12:14 am #1 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:14:37 am by Tuggernuts
I believe Sony stole the show, and I also believe Watch Dogs will be one of the best things Ubisoft has done in a while.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dTOnyp58NM

^^ For those who may not have seen the gameplay demo of Watch Dogs yet.

Blizzard

I took a quick peek at it (can't watch it right now as I'm at work) and it looks promising.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

I saw it too, but I'm wondering why there is so much hype about it.  What did you guys like the best about it?

Blizzard

The love for detail. One of the things I loved back then about OoT was the love for detail. The faces of the characters were animated with different facial expressions and they would blink from time to time. The characters were not static, they were moving slightly as if they were briefing. This is the same thing I love about this. When you walk instead of running, the main character puts his hands into his pockets. The wind blows around leaves and dust and they all look quite real (as well as the other objects moving about because of the wind). I also liked the shadows. Even though at some points I was cringing my teeth about the lesser-quality shadows on the floor, I understand how much of a performance hit shadows can be so I don't mind. The shadows were very well done in general and the lighting was amazingly lifelike.

Other visual stuff includes definitely the high quality graphical representation and motion-captured animations. Not only is the quality very high, the acting is also good. You can see that they really paid attention that everything looks as good as possible. They put effort into this.

More misc stuff is definitely the general environment and people around (I spotted some dude leaned against the fence and smoking a cigar). The people simply move around and just do their thing. Everything seems so alive. I just love the feel of the game, you feel as if you're in an actual real world playing. After the traffic accident when you switch the traffic lights, one of the peasants goes over to help out a woman out of her car and asks her if she's ok.

The battles looked very exciting.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 05, 2012, 03:32:37 pm #5 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:35:36 pm by Tuggernuts
That's exactly what I thought! :D

The attention to detail is, as you said, great. And the combat looks exciting, yes. :)
I am also excited about the whole hacking element of the game, as it seems like a very great way to cause mayhem.

Also, since this topic was started, I will reply to R.A.V.S.O. here:
Quote from: R.A.V.S.O.if you call PS1 support on the vita a step forwards well that is up to you... but all stars here... (not to say it's turning into) but is looking more like a smash bros...  it was all eye candy really. and no im not an anti-Sony fanboy or something.... it was just thet they could really improve

Honestly, ALL I can do at this point is call you ignorant. PS1 support for the Vita is an amazing thing, though I don't think you would understand that, as I have a huge feeling you were not alive long enough to appreciate the PS1 like most of us had, OR you were too young to appreciate it, or even be aware of its existence at one point in your life.

Also, while Allstars does look like Smash Bros., this is all I have to say(which was a reply to someone on YouTube):
Quote from: MeSo, I assume every other fighting game after Virtua Fighter which was 3D and allowed you to rotate around the map isn't a straight up rip-off of that? Well, going off of your logic, they are, but nobody EVER seems to care.

Now, take it like this: Sony decided to make their own fighting game where you fight in a 2D space, and added a lot of their characters. What's the big deal?

I remember an XBox Live arcade game called Small Arms which "ripped off" SSB, but nobody complained.

Also, what the hell do you mean by "eye candy"? Is every damn game that comes out with good graphics supposed to be eye candy only if it's from a company you(clearly) have problems with? And boy oh boy, trust me buddy: there's no room for improvement, since they're already doing amazingly.

Now, I feel there's no point in continuing conversation with you, so I will end it at this, unless you reply in a more intelligent manner next.

Blizzard

I wanted to write down some more, but my laptop was going nuts on me again so I decided to post that quickly. After it didn't want to work properly 2 reboots later, I did a Windows reinstall and right now I'm in the middle of reinstalling all the software I use. ._.

I wanted to add that my favorite part was that manipulation of the environment. Instant communication jamming? Traffic light control whenever you feel like it? Can't wait to get my fingers on that.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 05, 2012, 05:30:58 pm #7 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:34:00 pm by Tuggernuts
Indeed, it is going to be very fun.

Anyways, since RAVSO refuses to use this topic, I'm just going to continue fighting off his ignorance in the shoutbox.
It's funny, I am apparently acting like a brat for having a different opinion than his and expressing it.
What kind of world is this, where one person can express their opinion as negatively as they want, but when someone disagrees and expresses theirs, they are called an "immature brat" and are simply told to ignore? To me, it just seems like a way to not get any heat for one's beliefs.
You say yours, I'll say mine. DEAL WITH IT, RAVSO.

Anyways, on another note of E3:
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. Do want. Assassin's Creed on my Vita? Oh, yes please!

Blizzard

Quote from: Tuggernuts on June 05, 2012, 05:30:58 pm
Anyways, since RAVSO refuses to use this topic, I'm just going to continue fighting off his ignorance in the shoutbox.

And then you will get banned both.

Spaceman McConaughey

June 05, 2012, 05:35:36 pm #9 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:38:09 pm by Tuggernuts
Quote from: Blizzard on June 05, 2012, 05:33:39 pm
Quote from: Tuggernuts on June 05, 2012, 05:30:58 pm

And then you will get banned both.

Well, shit. He clearly wants to debate this, but he refuses to use this topic(but see, I would rather keep it in here).

Well, you know what? I am just going to be the better man and drop it, from the shoutbox and here.
So, how about that Assassin's Creed III gameplay demo?

EDIT:
Frontier gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cXbigJHjs8

Naval battle gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imPxEsAsgXk

I think AC3 is looking great.

Blizzard

I haven't checked it yet. Before I had to reinstall Windows today, I had AC 1 and 2 installed for probably over a year and a half and I never played them. xD

SBR*

Quote from: Blizzard on June 05, 2012, 05:38:15 pm
I haven't checked it yet. Before I had to reinstall Windows today, I had AC 1 and 2 installed for probably over a year and a half and I never played them. xD

I've recently played AC 1 and 2 and I found them to be really enjoyable. You should definitely give them a shot.

winkio

Sorry to bust back in here, but why do people like Pikmin 3?  It looked plain from the footage that was shown.  Also, the real time inventory swapping from Batman and ZombiU was probably the most exciting part of E3 for me, and the remote control batarang.

I get that the environment of Watch Dogs is really good, I like it myself, but the game seemed too simple, where objectives were accomplished by pressing a single button, or moving the crosshairs over a target.  The battle seemed okay, but a lot of the moves were scripted (sliding on the hood, etc.), and I didn't get a strong sense of timing.  I was talking with one of my professors about this, and I think I just am incapable of appreciating immersion, whether it is in video games or in real life.  For example, I don't see what is so special about the panoramic nature photos that seemingly everyone enjoy.

On the other hand, the terrain of AC3 is the most important part for me, because it determines the strategy aspect of gameplay (sneaking around to find a good angle of attack).  It seems decent using trees and bushes, but I didn't watch the full footage.  Hopefully there is some areas with tall grass where you can sneak around and take them out one by one.

The PS fighting game might actually work really, really well now that I think about it, it mostly depends on the variety and balance of the non-super attacks.  Camping might be a bitch though, as it denies the opponents super meter really hard.  It is also much different from smash from what I saw, and most of the people bashing it for being too similar to smash do not even understand the game of smash to begin with, so they have no reason to complain.

Overall, lackluster E3 imo.  Probably not getting any of the games/consoles there anyways besides 3DS stuff (luigi's mansion, mario bros, paper mario, hooray), so I shouldn't complain too much.

Landith

I definitely wouldn't play AC 1 or 2 in one sitting though... It's very repetitive and boring after awhile, but definitely good games with great storylines.

Also Watch Dogs looks badass. If gameplay is actually like that, I will definitely be buying this.

AJNR95

In my opinion, Assassin's Creed 1 is very boring and bland. The good features of the Assassin's Creed
series starts in the second game, but of course, primitive to Brotherhood. I have never played Revelations.
If you wanted to join the Assassin's Creed story, you're better off reading the summary and plot for the
first game.

As for Watch Dogs, the game is beautiful. Artistic colors and advanced graphics, an attractive glimpse
of the plot and gameplay, created by a successful company. It's everything done right for a "Grand Theft Auto"
game but inheriting the traits of action espionage games like Splintercell, Hitman and Assassin's Creed. I have
not played games in consistency within the past 2 years, but I will try to play it.

I have been anticipating for such a thing after watching "Hannah", which is a cliche movie, but the movie's
soundtrack is still riveting. I have not payed attention to the video game industries for the past 2 years
like I said before. The only bad opinion I have toward Watch Dogs is the immediate transition that is overwhelming
and uncomfortable, it's a large leap into the future creating new techniques and controls, but it's something we
can adapt to very quickly, amusingly, it's only a video game.

I hope this well pass my expectations, because the last great video game I had played was "Metal Gear Solid 4".
If you ask me, the video games nowadays are generally washed off of flavor and creativity with the mass appeal
toward first person shooters that share the same concept, but wear different masks.
Spoiler: ShowHide

by Blizz: Spoilered, because image is 2.6 MB.
by AJNR95: Unspoilered, because fuck you - ¡Viva la Revolución!
by Blizz: Spoilered again, and Banned.

Spoofus

Yes the game game Watch Dogs looks extremely promising,hopefully it won't be a huge bust and actually be something good.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

SBR*

Quote from: AJNR95 on June 05, 2012, 08:39:36 pm
In my opinion, Assassin's Creed 1 is very boring and bland. The good features of the Assassin's Creed
series starts in the second game, but of course, primitive to Brotherhood. I have never played Revelations.
If you wanted to join the Assassin's Creed story, you're better off reading the summary and plot for the
first game.

I for one don't understand why a lot of people dislike AC 1. To me, it was a really enjoyable game. The storyline really appealed to me (I like Altair) and I loved to go on investigation as Desmond. Of course, AC 2 is better, but IMHO both are excellent games.

Anyway, I think Nintendo has done an excellent job. Maybe the show was a tad disappointing in terms of content - I had hoped for another Zelda and some less casual things -, but entertainment-wise, they definitely were amazing. I still can't get over the fact that that guy was staring at a banana... Speaking of which, the extra footage was a bit disappointing. That family was annoying and I think they shouldn't focus so much on casual things when they are on the E3; Families don't watch the E3 - hardcore gamers do.

Blizzard

June 06, 2012, 03:02:00 am #17 Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:04:05 am by Blizzard
Quote from: winkio on June 05, 2012, 06:19:28 pm
I was talking with one of my professors about this, and I think I just am incapable of appreciating immersion, whether it is in video games or in real life.  For example, I don't see what is so special about the panoramic nature photos that seemingly everyone enjoy.

Very possible. I had almost the same problem. It's actually a matter of decision for me. I decided that I will enjoy these things. And now I can appreciate everything I want including the little things in life. I agree, there actually isn't anything about a panoramic nature photo, but I can look at it and say "Ah. I see." and just enjoy it for what it is. I don't have to pretend to find it beautiful of whatever. I can look at it and say that I like it or not. Try looking at everything from this perspective. You might start to find "beauty" in the world where you haven't seen it earlier and enjoy everything a bit more.

I don't think that all missions in Watch Dogs are gonna be that easy. It's probably only the beginning that's this simple. I'm sure that later in the game you will have to combine your massive control over the environment later in order to achieve your goals that would have been otherwise incredibly difficult to achieve.

AJNR95: I have heard mixed opinions about AC 1 and 2. Some people say that the games are very enjoyable and everything. Others say how repetitive it is and that you basically have 3 kinds of missions in variations and that's basically the whole game. I can't say much about it until I have played them myself.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Blizzard on June 06, 2012, 03:02:00 am
I don't think that all missions in Watch Dogs are gonna be that easy. It's probably only the beginning that's this simple. I'm sure that later in the game you will have to combine your massive control over the environment later in order to achieve your goals that would have been otherwise incredibly difficult to achieve.

I wouldn't expect all missions to be that simple, either. It is, like you said, only the beginning(and an E3 demo to boot), so to judge the whole game like that, in my opinion, is kind of harsh and not fair at all.

Quote from: Blizzard on June 06, 2012, 03:02:00 am
AJNR95: I have heard mixed opinions about AC 1 and 2. Some people say that the games are very enjoyable and everything. Others say how repetitive it is and that you basically have 3 kinds of missions in variations and that's basically the whole game. I can't say much about it until I have played them myself.

I believe those that say AC 1 is too repetitive, yet they enjoy the later games have no idea what they're talking about. AC 1 - Revelations are almost all the same, save a few new features and new settings.