Visual Studio 2012

Started by ForeverZer0, June 05, 2012, 12:50:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

Has anyone tried it out yet?

Its in release candidate state, so it might be worth some trying out if your interested.
I might finally get around to checking it out later today.

Here's a link to the site.
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/11/en-us/downloads
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

I'm definitely going to try this out when I leave my grandma's house. I've always enjoyed Visual Studio, can't wait to see what they got in store.

Blizzard

June 06, 2012, 03:04:33 am #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:38:22 am by Blizzard
I only hate the fact that the Express edition will only work for Metro apps. ._.

EDIT: :D :D :D Microsoft changed their decision. The complaints about only being able to make Metro apps were big enough in quantity that Microsoft changed their decision and VS 2012 will support desktop development as well. :D The release should be somewhere in fall this year.

EDIT: I've been trying it out at work today and I have to say that I like it. VC++ is much better now, especially color coding of stuff and some other minor improvements. I hate the bland UI, but I can get over it.

EDIT: It seems that VS2012 overwrites some registry stuff of VS2010 so the VS2010 suddenly starts using VS2012's MSBuild setup. :/ This also caused quite a bit of problems for me as I use vs-android to build our Android apps and the latest version is not yet compatible with VS2012's MSBuild setup.

@winkio: It loads lighting fast, even faster than VS2008.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.