New PC (Reserved)

Started by nathmatt, June 08, 2012, 01:56:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmatt

June 08, 2012, 01:56:44 pm Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 06:41:23 pm by nathmatt
trying to find a decent cheap pc my budget's not very good only have a part time job i was looking at this 1 trying to figure out if it's a good pc for the price  here is the PC
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

ForeverZer0

Have you looked into building one?

You can usually get a pretty decent computer for much less than equivalent store-bought model.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

nathmatt

June 08, 2012, 03:11:45 pm #2 Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:12:46 pm by nathmatt
yes i have thought about it but im not sure ow to build 1 how to make sure all parts are compatible and what parts i should buy

edit windows programs i have looked at are about $100
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

SBR*

Quote from: nathmatt on June 08, 2012, 03:11:45 pm
yes i have thought about it but im not sure ow to build 1 how to make sure all parts are compatible and what parts i should buy

edit windows programs i have looked at are about $100

Some companies can give you advice about the parts and then build it for you.

nathmatt

if they build it will cost about the same or more
Join Dead Frontier
My script

SBR*

Quote from: nathmatt on June 08, 2012, 04:42:19 pm
if they build it will cost about the same or more

Depends on the store. I don't think it would be any more than 100 euros, though I might be wrong. You can always go to a shop and ask for specifics there.

nathmatt

never mind apparently there out of them
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Blizzard

You can still put your own configuration together. It's really not that difficult. You just have to pay attention that your motherboard works with your CPU and RAM and that's it. HDD, GPU, audio, power supply, etc., all of that can be added without paying too much attention to the rest. Of course should should aim for a GPU in the same performance/price class as the CPU so the GPU doesn't become a bottle neck.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Well all of this is assuming that you're mainly gonna use it for gaming. Maybe that's redundant to ask in this forum, but will you?
I for example do audio work on my macbook, which means the graphics card is not really that important, and I have concidered updating to 16gb of ram before, would be pointless for gaming really.

nathmatt

June 08, 2012, 08:06:45 pm #9 Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:37:13 pm by nathmatt
some gaming but nothing hardcore buy most games for My PS3 just trying to find something to replace this one as everything is out of date

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 958MB RAM
Card name: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series

the thing is windows 7 system builder alone is $110 the case is about $100 that is $210 and haven't even added the components
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Blizzard

June 09, 2012, 04:13:04 am #10 Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:16:39 am by Blizzard
Here: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
You want to check out the mid-range benchmarks, the common card benchmarks and the best value benchmarks. Remember that the value chart is not a performance chart, but a chart for performance/price. I took a quick look at it and from what I can see, Radeon HD 6850 and GeForce GTX 480 are really worth your money for a slightly higher price.

As for a CPU, a quad-core at 3+ GHz was common 3 years ago and CPUs haven't improve much since then. You have the option between Intel's iX series or a cheaper (but weaker) AMD model. Again, remember that you will need an appropriate motherboard for the CPU as well. I also suggest you get a motherboard with DDR3 RAM support and get DDR3 RAM. DDR3 is probably now cheaper than RAM with older technologies. This PC should hold out for 3-5 years without problems.

EDIT: For comparison of specific cards: http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.