HTML 5 Support

Started by Blizzard, June 15, 2012, 05:33:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I was wondering how well HTML 5 is already supported by browsers around. I was thinking of updating my music website, but I'm not sure if I should keep it in Flash if HTML 5 has a better support, especially on mobile devices (since mobile Flash has been abandoned).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Quote from w3schools.

QuoteBrowser Support for HTML5

HTML5 is not yet an official standard, and no browsers have full HTML5 support.

But all major browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer) continue to add new HTML5 features to their latest versions.

And since you're asking more music related: http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_audio.asp

Honestly, if you wanted to turn your site into full HTML5, I think all browsers would support it wonderfully. Hell, even IE9 runs it decently. Though if you planned on using HTML5 to play your audio (rather than a simple flash player), you would have to have a few different formats to ensure that all browsers could play it.

Blizzard

Hm, so I could make this work with an MP3/OGG combination...
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.